Chalk Talk with Coach O'Shea

JCon

Anyone going tonight? I really enjoyed it last year and am looking forward to it tonight. 

Exclusively for our Bomber for Life members, meet with Head Coach Mike OShea as he reviews the season to date, talks strategy and game planning followed by a Q&A period. Doors open at 6:15 pm, session begins at 6:30 PM.

15 minutes ago, johnzo said:

oh man I would love to go to this.  have fun you guys, and I hope the fans aren't just the human wreckage who call into radio shows.

"yeah Mike, less of a question, more of a comment ... you know what I think the Bombers should do?  I think you should try to score a touchdown on every drive."

Do the Seahawks do things like this as Pete Carroll seems like a real people person?

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

oh man I would love to go to this.  have fun you guys, and I hope the fans aren't just the human wreckage who call into radio shows.

"yeah Mike, less of a question, more of a comment ... you know what I think the Bombers should do?  I think you should try to score a touchdown on every drive."

Those people don't actually buy tickets 

Bomber for Life is season ticket holders 

Edited by Geebrr

Not one person tonight was prepared to look Coach O'Shea in the eye and tell him how to run the team!

It was another great event. Coach was open and honest as much as he could. He shied away from saying who was playing this week, obviously.

He addressed a question about what Matthews could tell the Montreal about our play calling. 

He showed video of Montreal and talked about preparing for them. He shared the stats on Montreal, like how often they call certain plays and when they call them. 

He talked about not believing that a player can't lose his position when they get hurt.

He talked about the freedom the players have when they are on the road. 

And he guaranteed a win on Saturday. Well, not the last one. 

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What can Matthews tell them about our offence?

He had a lot of time to study it from the sidelines  it makes me nervous.

As Coach said, he may know the plays but won't know when they're going to be called. 

And, every team has the video of each game, so they know the plays too. 

a guy leaving for another has no real intel to give...all the teams., especially at this point in the season know your schemes, plays, tendancies..so it's nothing new to them

The only thing they could expose is the verbage you call out for audibles..play calls, at the line, but generally teams change them each game anyway for the most part...the only real thing they have to offer is injury details..who may be knicked...what the injuries were for a guy coming back...