Bombers vs Als Lead Up

Jpan85

29 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

They got it wrong. Bombers are 9-3, Ottawa 3-9. If we win OR if Ottawa loses, we are in (technically, only a tie will do it). Do not need both to happen to clinch. (Calgary does require a win AND an Ottawa loss

For me Peterman has always been a player you just knew was/is a talented guy...biding his time waiting to get his shot and make the most of it..Has the same kind of tenacity and drive as Streveler and I don't see how you can keep him out of the line-up going down the stretch...Sure is nice to have that kind of depth and Mr. Clutch is certainly a good handle...

Hopefully we will/can rotate a steady dose of Demski/Woli/Peterman in varoius sets..keep them all fresh and also keep the defenses guessing and not sure what is being ran consistently

I would like to see us as well use a DI spot on Bailey, and roll with all-national DB depth/back-ups and enable us to rotate Bailey in with Whitehead and Lawler, we have played a good 5 games with no Import DB as a DI and with Jones, Wright, Exume and Hallett all on roster anyway I am sure we would be fine...especially once Jeffcoat gets back and our d-line pressure gets even better...I think more offensive weapons/options for Streveler benefit us more than an import DB as a DI who may not get many snaps anyway as Jones comes in a lot as the extra guy as it is anyway

13 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

77aa013193e11cb6e1101d1a49413c20_x96.jpe

#Bombers RB Brady Oliveira, who has been out since Week 3 with an ankle injury, is doing some light running at practice today. Told me yesterday he hopes to be practising again in a few weeks. #CFL

Thats great news, also pretty surprising. I didnt expect to see him back before TC next year. 

all our receivers this year are a victim of circumstance...it will be a tough task for any to surpass 600 yards this year...but if we keep winning I'm fine with that.

Woli has played just fine...had a couple bad drops...but over his 2 years here has made all his grabs...he also this year has done a great job with blocking, freeing up others..

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

all our receivers this year are a victim of circumstance...it will be a tough task for any to surpass 600 yards this year...but if we keep winning I'm fine with that.

Woli has played just fine...had a couple bad drops...but over his 2 years here has made all his grabs...he also this year has done a great job with blocking, freeing up others..

Has Woli even had bad drops? Recently he's had to stretch out for some passes that were not exactly on the money and they've just beyond his grasp. Kind of reminds me of Lawler earlier this year. Woli will be fine

18 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

One bad drop went right into a defenders hands. But other then that, I can't remember any "bad" drops. He hasn't grabbed some very difficult ones but nothing I'd consider a straight up drop on his part.

Ah right I remember that. Momentary lapse in concentration. Still, not at all concerned. We've seen how good Drew's hands are

9 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Has a CFL team ever won a championship without at least one 1,000+ yard receiver? Just a curiosity.

hell, the Bombers' last win in 1990 was without a 1000-yard receiver.  Rick House was our leader with 883 yards, if statscrew.com is to be trusted.

clicking around on statscrew, I see that James Murphy somehow got 1400 yards in 1988 ... man, that's some Stegall-level work considering the QBs we rolled out in 88.

Edited by johnzo

4 hours ago, johnzo said:

hell, the Bombers' last win in 1990 was without a 1000-yard receiver.  Rick House was our leader with 883 yards, if statscrew.com is to be trusted.

In 1988, James Murphy somehow got 1400 yards ... pretty serious accomplishment given our QB crew that year.

Calgary did it last year and in 2014, both times without either a 1000 yard receiver or rusher. 

1 hour ago, blueingreenland said:

Yes and that 1990 Bombers team had the best defense in the league - but had the LOWEST scoring offense in the league!!

The 2012 Tiger Cats are my favorite flipside example -- top scoring team in the league, finished last in the East because Casey Creehan's D was so so so so sooooo bad.

Edited by johnzo

10 hours ago, Booch said:

How many of our FA receivers will want to come back knowing our offense holds every pass catcher back? And how many from other teams will want to play here. That's my concern.