Bombers vs Als Lead Up

Jpan85

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Speller back too

All great news! You have to be impressed with the Bombers depth. The only question marks to me are do you sit Rasheed Bailey for Whitehead? I vote Bailey. Better receiver. I've kind of cooled on Whitehead. And do you give Peterman more reps. Maybe split with Demski. Adding Jeffcoat to the D-line rotation is huge. 

Edited by M.Silverback

21 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

All great news! You have to be impressed with the Bombers depth. The only question marks to me are do you sit Rasheed Bailey for Whitehead? I vote Bailey. Better receiver. I've kind of cooled on Whitehead. And do you give Peterman more reps. Maybe split with Demski. Adding Jeffcoat to the D-line rotation is huge. 

I honestly like going with Bailey over Whitehead and Peterman over Demski. I'm not sure they are better players, but Demski and Whitehead seem to both give LaPolice incentive to run "gadget" plays instead of running a good offense. 

6 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I honestly like going with Bailey over Whitehead and Peterman over Demski. I'm not sure they are better players, but Demski and Whitehead seem to both give LaPolice incentive to run "gadget" plays instead of running a good offense. 

Not to mention that Peterman is more likely to put his shoulder down and go forward than try and dance around everyone possibly losing yards. 

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Not to mention that Peterman is more likely to put his shoulder down and go forward than try and dance around everyone possibly losing yards. 

This is a tad off topic, but it seems to me that last year Wolitarski was catching the ball and then often dragging defenders several yards. That doesn't seem to be as much in evidence this season.

16 hours ago, Booch said:

Just think..with this weeks lead up to the game Harris has had essentially 4 weeks off to recharge and rest. 

He's gonna come out flying and prob stronger than ever..sadly if he comes out flat...or isnt his usual self people gonna say its cause he is off the roids 

Andrew Harris rarely comes out flat. I'm not worried about that scenario at all.

15 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I gotta be honest, with Strev at QB I like Bailey and Petermann over Whitehead and Demski too. Bailey and Petermann are more traditional receiver types that give Streveler nice, easy pass options. I really like what Whitehead and Demski bring to the table in play making ability, and with an experienced QB they get my vote, but they do not have the same ability to get consistently open and provide their QB with safe medium range targets in the holes of the zone.

Personally, I was hoping the Bombers were going to give Petermann more playing time this year. Bailey seems to have a natural receivers ability in his routes and nice soft hands.

Edited by gcn11

58 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I gotta be honest, with Strev at QB I like Bailey and Petermann over Whitehead and Demski too. Bailey and Petermann are more traditional receiver types that give Streveler nice, easy pass options. I really like what Whitehead and Demski bring to the table in play making ability, and with an experienced QB they get my vote, but they do not have the same ability to get consistently open and provide their QB with safe medium range targets in the holes of the zone.

Personally, I was hoping the Bombers were going to give Petermann more playing time this year. Bailey seems to have a natural receivers ability in his routes and nice soft hands.

Petermann has been clutch as a blocking receiver as well

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

That being said, Whitehead gets to both Wolitarsky targetted long balls if given the same route (if he gets through the initial jam).  Wolitarsky is not doing it for me this year as a pass-catcher.

we could see a lot of changes this week but not necessarily a bad thing. 

OL 
In: Neufeld, Speller
Out: Desjarlais / Eli (one can be kept as reserve)

REC
In: Whitehead
Out: Bailey, Williams

RB  
In: Harris
Out: Rose III

DL
In: Jeffcoat  
Out: No one comes out but Hansen back to LB
DL with Jefferson, Jeffcoat, Roh, Kongbo on the edge, and Nevis, Richardson, Thomas inside - what not to like

LB 
In: No one comes in but Hansen back here
Out: Janke - already moved to IR

ST 
In: Rempel
Out: Latoure

Edited by M.O.A.B.

46 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

That being said, Whitehead gets to both Wolitarsky targetted long balls if given the same route (if he gets through the initial jam).  Wolitarsky is not doing it for me this year as a pass-catcher.

My guess is defences are keying on him more. He's no longer an unknown commodity.  With that said though, there's so long that you can say he produces in other ways. He's a receiver, he needs catches.