Did You Know..

Mr Dee

I want to say I listened to that game on CJOB while camping at Big Whiteshell, but I'm not 100% sure. One of the greatest shames in pro sports is that there is no video of that game, other than a CKND highlight pack. I don't even think CJOB has the logger tapes from that night. Man oh man, what a shame. 

18 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

It was remarkable. Pass after pass complete. Huge gains and celebrations. 

And the crowd simply ate it up...

Damn right, we did. It was surreal and I remember thinking that the slaughter cannot keep going like this.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was iving in Calgary then like now & they didn't show the game. 

FYI: Did you know that of the 10 worst weather events in Canadian recorded history, five of them happened in the Calgary area? Weird. Maybe karma?

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

FYI: Did you know that of the 10 worst weather events in Canadian recorded history, five of them happened in the Calgary area? Weird. Maybe karma?

The mountains are close by & they influence the weather. 17to85 would agree as he used to live in an area called Parkland. I live nearby in Lake Bonavista SE.  I live in the deep south of Calgary maybe 25-30 klms from the areas that always get hit by hail & nasty storms. The NE & NW parts of the city get a lot more bad weather than we do as they are almost in the foothills & are up higher than we are. We like to call ourselves "The Sunny South". The day the NE got pounded by hail in June, we could see the black clouds & hear some of the thunder in the distance but it never rained here. Not to say we don't get bad weather as we do. I've seen clouds spinning over my house a few times & we've got hail, heavy rain where 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The mountains are close by & they influence the weather. 17to85 would agree as he used to live in an area called Parkland. I live nearby in Lake Bonavista SE.  I live in the deep south of Calgary maybe 25-30 klms from the areas that always get hit by hail & nasty storms. The NE & NW parts of the city get a lot more bad weather than we do as they are almost in the foothills & are up higher than we are. We like to call ourselves "The Sunny South". The day the NE got pounded by hail in June, we could see the black clouds & hear some of the thunder in the distance but it never rained here. Not to say we don't get bad weather as we do. I've seen clouds spinning over my house a few times & we've got hail, heavy rain where 

Never lived in parkland. But yeah being in the deep south we rarely get the stupid hail that the north part of the city gets. Just the right geography to form hail storms up there.

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Getting jabbed in the brain is not particularly appealing to many people. However, if I was getting paid millions, I would never refuse whatever the heck they told me to do.

?? Have you had the test done? It's a 5 second procedure where they swab your tonsils on the left and on the right. Done. It was the least invasive thing I could possibly imagine. I was in and out of that place (re-purposed drive-through car wash bay) in less than 15 minutes.