Did You Know..

Mr Dee

29 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

This is not new for Brees he is a big MAGA guy

I get that, but, in times like these, with issues like these, everybody has to put personal and private interests aside and focus on the now. His teammate, Malcolm James, gets it, LeBron James gets it, and a lot of NFLers are speaking out, but Brees is either just missing the whole point, or being insensitive, or is deliberately walking an immoral line that puts him in a bad light.

But, I guess, that is..who he is.

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I get that, but, in times like these, with issues like these, everybody has to put personal and private interests aside and focus on the now. His teammate, Malcolm James, gets it, LeBron James gets it, and a lot of NFLers are speaking out, but Brees is either just missing the whole point, or being insensitive, or is deliberately walking an immoral line that puts him in a bad light.

But, I guess, that is..who he is.

As I said before.... why do people listen to professional athletes expecting them to be some source of great wisdom.  Drew Brees knows how to throw a football.... people should only listen to him on his opinions on  how to run an offense and how to throw the pigskin.....  

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

As I said before.... why do people listen to professional athletes expecting them to be some source of great wisdom.  Drew Brees knows how to throw a football.... people should only listen to him on his opinions on  how to run an offense and how to throw the pigskin.....  

Why are you surprised? 
He’s a name. A respected athlete. Mostly human. Someone who fellow athletes expect fair commentary.

You ask, why he? A pro player? Well then, why anybody? Really. Why a doctor, a politician, a rich man, a former President?

We’re supposed to be all the same in the respect for other human lives. 

Its too bad we don't always get the results we seek that match our expectations but maybe, by asking, and getting the answers, we can cause a pause, that will make people think a little bit more along the lines that everybody should be treated equally.

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

You ask, why he? A pro player? Well then, why anybody? Really. Why a doctor, a politician, a rich man, a former President?

He has skills in throwing a football .... I'd expect much more intelligence coming from a doctor.    I would say President also but...... 🙄

A rich man doesn't mean you excel in public speaking.

20 hours ago, Brandon said:

Another great example.

Chris Palmer wrote, "Burn that s— down. Burn it all down."

George Floyd Protests: This NBA reporter wanted things to burn until it hit his neighbourhood

George Floyd Protests: This NBA reporter wanted things to burn until it hit his neighbourhood.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yup, it would also be a pretty decent fit for him. They have talent at all levels on the O. 

The guy hasn't played in years and was not disciplined and had troubles following coaches order leading to the 49ers giving him the boot.    I see this purely for publicity in a market where the team has absolutely zero interest in the team.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The guy hasn't played in years and was not disciplined and had troubles following coaches order leading to the 49ers giving him the boot.    I see this purely for publicity in a market where the team has absolutely zero interest in the team.

If it’s a stunt, it’s a good one.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Well this is the same team that couldn't quite sign Tom Brady...  that and they don't even have a work out scheduled...

Colin Kapernick
181 yards rushing in a playoff game
2nd only to Steve Young in post season rushing yards
Durable - 53 straight starts for the Niners
4th best interception rate in history (Tom Brady is 5th)
6th best TD to Int. rate in history (Drew Brees is 7th)
His much maligned last season? He had a better completion avg in 2016 than Cam Newton, more yards per attempt than Eli Manning, and a better passer rating than Phillip Rivers.
32 years old - younger than 15 QBs that started in the league last year 
@espngreeny

On 2020-06-18 at 12:18 PM, Jpan85 said:

With all the crappy back ups in the league the no reason for Kap not to be in NFL

He was outplayed by Blaine Gabbert in his last year in the league, which was four years ago. The media frenzy may not be worth the potential upgrade at backup QB. 

• 3 weeks later...