Did You Know..

Mr Dee

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Did You Know...

The new CBA eliminates suspensions for positive marijuana tests...

I've never understood punishing athletes for using marijuana. It is NOT a performance enhancing drug from what I've read, quite the opposite, so why test for it at all? It's just a remnant of the insane U.S. drug war.

"Research has shown THC to inhibit motor control, balance, reaction time, and coordination. And while THC increases sensory feedback (more vivid colors, increased sense of touch, etc) that feedback is more difficult to properly utilize given the chemical’s inhibiting effects on movement."

Source -- grandstandcentral.com, Weed A Performance Enhancing Drug

1 hour ago, J5V said:

I've never understood punishing athletes for using marijuana. It is NOT a performance enhancing drug from what I've read, quite the opposite, so why test for it at all? It's just a remnant of the insane U.S. drug war.

"Research has shown THC to inhibit motor control, balance, reaction time, and coordination. And while THC increases sensory feedback (more vivid colors, increased sense of touch, etc) that feedback is more difficult to properly utilize given the chemical’s inhibiting effects on movement."

Source -- grandstandcentral.com, Weed A Performance Enhancing Drug

CBD oil is probably more performance enhancing... reducing minor pain, etc...

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Did You Know...

The new CBA eliminates suspensions for positive marijuana tests...

This has been going on for a long time. About 10 years ago, my son's high school receiver here in Calgary who went on to junior football with the Calgary Colts practiced everyday with the Stamps as part of a development program they had at the time. He'd go to Stamps practice in the morning & then to Colts at night. that isn't being done anymore. He told my son back then that just about all the Stamps receivers he practiced with smoked weed & weren't concerned about being tested at all.  I think a majority of players smoke weed now. So, makes no sense to test them. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This has been going on for a long time. About 10 years ago, my son's high school receiver here in Calgary who went on to junior football with the Calgary Colts practiced everyday with the Stamps as part of a development program they had at the time. He'd go to Stamps practice in the morning & then to Colts at night. that isn't being done anymore. He told my son back then that just about all the Stamps receivers he practiced with smoked weed & weren't concerned about being tested at all.  I think a majority of players smoke weed now. So, makes no sense to test them. 

Yeah Odell was a regular customer of a friend of mine while he played in WPG. 

I honestly don't care about NBA and what they do, and even NHL I don't care as much as CFL. I just want a 2020 CFL season. My mental health has taken a beating in the last several days, and I don't wanna think about what a lack of CFL football would do to me....

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I honestly don't care about NBA and what they do, and even NHL I don't care as much as CFL. I just want a 2020 CFL season. My mental health has taken a beating in the last several days, and I don't wanna think about what a lack of CFL football would do to me....

Any league returning would be a good sign.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

If we lost the season the only positive would be our reign as CFL champs would be extended uncontested. It would drive our neighbours to the West of us insane(r) and we could needle them about it relentlessly. Who am I kidding? No CFL football for 2020 would suck, big time.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Likewise.

It makes me doubly glad, (28 times over) that we won that friggin cup in November.

The real disappointment would be the opportunity lost, that is, missing the chance to win the Cup at IGF West..