Did You Know..

Mr Dee

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Auction that bad boy off! 

hope they use it on sideline next year ala the big play chain in Sask! MAKE A BIG PLAY...SLAP THAT BAD BOY ON!

And hopefully they retire that sad sack piece of plastic they found in a gumball machine

Edited by Booch

47 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I have no problem with the Ticat fans posting here. 

There's a difference between posting and trolling. The nice thing is Ti-Cats fans evidently have better things to do, which speaks to the quality of their fans. Unfortunately, however, the same cannot be said for a good chunk of Green Gapper Nation.

Winning that championship has worked well as a troll deterrent here, so I think I speak for us all when I say that makes me happy. No more 1990 or drought jokes itself is great, but to see the forum essentially free of those trolls who show up here randomly just to derail threads...? It's bloody marvelous.

I wandered over to criderville a few days ago. It was fantastic. I personally loved their take on Willie J winning the MODP and how he didn't deserve it because he only had 24 tackles. Apparently, if he couldn't beat the Olineman he was playing he would forget about staying in position and just try to play the pass. lol. The total lack of football knowledge on almost any level is hilarious to say the least....yes there little rider I'm sure he just gave up and decided to do his own thing on any given play...it definitely wasn't part of the defensive scheme to have him drop into coverage occasionally. Absolutely not. On top of that he was so bad at tackling that teams just didn't run the ball, because they felt bad for him. Had nothing at all to do with the fact he was part of one of the best run defenses in CFL history. 

It'd be sad if it wasn't so funny.

1 more win gc win before the riders and we will have 3 times more championships then their franchise. At that point we probably need to stop trash talking them as its punching down too much.

34 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I wandered over to criderville a few days ago. It was fantastic. I personally loved their take on Willie J winning the MODP and how he didn't deserve it because he only had 24 tackles. Apparently, if he couldn't beat the Olineman he was playing he would forget about staying in position and just try to play the pass. lol. The total lack of football knowledge on almost any level is hilarious to say the least....yes there little rider I'm sure he just gave up and decided to do his own thing on any given play...it definitely wasn't part of the defensive scheme to have him drop into coverage occasionally. Absolutely not. On top of that he was so bad at tackling that teams just didn't run the ball, because they felt bad for him. Had nothing at all to do with the fact he was part of one of the best run defenses in CFL history. 

It'd be sad if it wasn't so funny.

Yeah ive seen this a bunch on social media. A bunch more pressures and a record for pass knock downs but hey tackles lol. I think the way he and the dl played in the grey cup says it all. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

1 more win gc win before the riders and we will have 3 times more championships then their franchise. At that point we probably need to stop trash talking them as its punching down too much.

Yeah ive seen this a bunch on social media. A bunch more pressures and a record for pass knock downs but hey tackles lol. I think the way he and the dl played in the grey cup says it all. 

They never think to realize that perhaps Hughes got more tackles because they ran at him...repeatedly as well as they got ran on more than we did....fooly guys.

He (Willie) could do no wrong there before, but now he's overated..take plays off...one trick pony..yadda yadda yadda

Fun fact of the day...just how bad are they?

The Saskatchewan Roughriders have four (4) Grey Cup championships since being founded in 1910. So do the University of Toronto Varsity Blues, who began competing one year earlier (1909). The difference? The Varsity Blues last eligible season playing for the Grey Cup was 1935.

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

He (Willie) could do no wrong there before, but now he's overated..take plays off...one trick pony..yadda yadda yadda

Winning the Grey Cup is a pretty big trick though lol.

16 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Will Oliveira be ready to go at training camp next year?  Heartbreaking what happened to the guy this past year ... really rooting for him to be back.

Don't see him listed on the CFL 2020 FA list so he's still got time to go on his Bomber contract, right?

His rookie deal would be at least two, possibly three, years... someone else posted (sorry I forget who it was) that they met Oliveira and he said he’s healthy and ready to go...

7 hours ago, JCon said:

Not me.

Zontar came here & congratulated us on the GC win. He didn't have to do that but it was a classy thing to do. Plus he never talks much about the Ti Cats here, is respectful to our base & shares our hatred for the Riders. As far as I'm concerned, he's always welcome here.