Did You Know..

Mr Dee

39 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

D.Y.K.

The Bombers have signed LB/DB Sam Williams to the active roster but future??

2019-10-02    WPG    WILLIAMS, Sam    LB    A    East Texas Baptist University    Add To    Active Roster (Future)

We don't do this, so it must be fake. There are plenty around here who will tell you that. 

Wish we could be more like Calgary... 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

D.Y.K.

The Bombers have signed LB/DB Sam Williams to the active roster but future??

2019-10-02    WPG    WILLIAMS, Sam    LB    A    East Texas Baptist University    Add To    Active Roster (Future)

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Hmmm...the only Sam Williams (linebacker) was born in 1980 and retired several years ago. This guy must be a clone.

Sam williams looks like a Sam linebacker

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6010150/58364b4d5b3cb00064f8645f

https://www.cfl.ca/players/sam-williams/163338/

Looks like he had a cup of coffee with the riders. 

Edited by wbbfan

D.Y.K.

Penalties Didn't Matter Much Last Week: 

In CFL Week #16, all 4 winning teams actually drew MORE Penalties than their opponents which seems odd. But 2019 data shows that this isn't surprising at all - for 2019 overall, winning teams have drawn more penalties than the losing team more often - 29 times compared to 26 by losing clubs.

Turnovers DID Matter Last Week: 

In CFL Week #16, winning teams committed just TWO Turnovers compared to 11 by losing clubs. Of the 120 total points scored by the 4 winners, 26 of those points came off Opponent T/Os (22% of the total).

CFL Game Notes...

D.Y.K.

All the CFL writers (6) are unanimous in their choices in who will win their games this weekend in three out of four matches. Only Montreal-Calgary is split. 

They have Hamilton over Edmonton. BC over Toronto. And Saskatchewan over Winnipeg.

I still feel we can win if the game plan suits our team...

55 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

D.Y.K.

All the CFL writers (6) are unanimous in their choices in who will win their games this weekend in three out of four matches. Only Montreal-Calgary is split. 

They have Hamilton over Edmonton. BC over Toronto. And Saskatchewan over Winnipeg.

I still feel we can win if the game plan suits our team...

That's a big if. I cannot imagine the blow to the team confidence should they lose to the Riders tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I get the feeling if they do lose that you are going to enjoy it (?)

Far from it. I have loved and supported this team for almost 50 years, through good times and bad. I have seen enough ups and down to be able to tell fish from fowl and I have lost confidence in this coaching staff. At some point, they have to be held accountable for the fact that the team is not progressing as rapidly as other teams who have rebuilt and the Bombers still have great difficulty adapting to the other teams' changes. This doesn't mean that the current coaches aren't trying- I suggest that they simply are unable.

20 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Far from it. I have loved and supported this team for almost 50 years, through good times and bad. I have seen enough ups and down to be able to tell fish from fowl and I have lost confidence in this coaching staff. At some point, they have to be held accountable for the fact that the team is not progressing as rapidly as other teams who have rebuilt and the Bombers still have great difficulty adapting to the other teams' changes. This doesn't mean that the current coaches aren't trying- I suggest that they simply are unable.

So their win-loss record means absolutely nothing all of a sudden ?...

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I suggest that the Bomber record over the past 6 games is the best measure of where the team is now, and that is not complimentary to them. Its not just the losses, its the way they lost games. 

Because it fits your narrative...

I have said it before, and I will say it again, our team game and strategy is tailor made for winning in cold weather. We run the rock like no one else, and defend the run better than anyone. When that thermometer goes down that's the two things you need to do the best. We could not win another game this year and I would still like our chances in the playoffs providing it is cold.

Edited by gcn11

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I suggest that the Bomber record over the past 6 games is the best measure of where the team is now, and that is not complimentary to them. Its not just the losses, its the way they lost games. 

I don't like 2 losses this year.. Ok the LDC also but that stuff happens on LDC.. The 2 losses were CFL finishes tho. Sucks happened to us but.. Several games have always been decided late in the CFL. 

19 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I choose to look at the losses as huge learning opportunities.... I hope they have learned that they never want to lose a game like that again.

And the team from coaches on down have made the playoffs this year,  so I will give them the full season to see how far they get.  Then maybe I will have an opinion about changing people out.  Until then I am just goin go to enjoy the games.

3 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

So their win-loss record means absolutely nothing all of a sudden ?...

Did Nichols record mean nothing to you when you used to comment on your concerns about him? Comments that brought you no end of grief on two separate forums from people suggesting you had some sort of agenda?

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

And the team from coaches on down have made the playoffs this year,  so I will give them the full season to see how far they get.

So we have to wait til the ship is completely submerged before daring to discuss if it may be leaking?

Edited by Deiter Fan

Just now, Deiter Fan said:

Did Nichols record mean nothing to you when you used to comment on your concerns about him? Comments that brought you no end of grief on two separate forums from people suggesting you had some sort of agenda?

For me it is  a team record.   My thoughts remain the same..... I do not feel we could win a grey cup with Matt at QB.  For me he just wasn't the type of QB who could get mad enough in a game to go out and create a score no matter what.

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

For me it is  a team record.   My thoughts remain the same..... I do not feel we could win a grey cup with Matt at QB.  For me he just wasn't the type of QB who could get mad enough in a game to go out and create a score no matter what.

My point is you had concerns and you shared them...period. You didn't have an agenda...you didn't hate Nichols. You were just a fan with a perspective. A concern.

Now someone else is doing the same re: the team and you suggest he wants the team to lose/has an agenda. I find that ironic.

Edit...

Just remembered...I even defended you when I first arrived because based on other comments from the other board I decided you were just expressing your concerns with no ulterior motive and I got piled on and accused of being an alt account of yours.

People take comments about the team personally which is just bizarre, imo.

Edited by Deiter Fan