New Mosiac Stsdium Artificial Crowd Noise

Geebrr

15 minutes ago, raklar said:

Now, Now, we both lived there for many years, Brandon is many times better than either of those Cities. They aspire to being as good as Brandon :D

That's basically what I meant to say... I love Brandon. Or, at least, I love what Brandon was 20 years ago... 

6 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Yea, it is.

Granted I haven't spent a TON of time there in the last 15 years, but when I was back there in 2010.....I was pretty disappointed with what had happened to my city. It starts with how they destroyed Houston's, but there's a lot more to it than that..

I was in Saskatoon a month ago on our way to Edmonton. Sketchy as the north end... Everywhere.. Its seriously the north end of Winnipeg.. Think meth is a problem here? Its an epidemic there. I've never seen so many run down houses or buildings or just empty lots ever. Its truly a dump. Worst city in Canada that I've been 2 by far.. The reason they likely dont have a CFL team isnt because the Riders.. Its because its a dump. 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Granted I haven't spent a TON of time there in the last 15 years, but when I was back there in 2010.....I was pretty disappointed with what had happened to my city. It starts with how they destroyed Houston's, but there's a lot more to it than that..

Well, I live here and I think that while it has problems, just like every other city, there are few other places I'd live.  Further to that I've been here for over 35 years and I'd take this Brandon over the Brandon of 15-20 years ago, and most certainly, over the Brandon of the early 80's.  

Your mileage may vary...

11 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Well, I live here and I think that while it has problems, just like every other city, there are few other places I'd live.  Further to that I've been here for over 35 years and I'd take this Brandon over the Brandon of 15-20 years ago, and most certainly, over the Brandon of the early 80's.  

Your mileage may vary...

I was 98-02 full time, and then a regular visitor till 06, and occasional till 07 when I moved to AB......the Brandon from 98-02 was exceptional. I feel there is WAY more crime and gangs in that city now than there every used to be. Back in the late 90s, it was a large version of any of those SouthMan small towns (take your pick....Cartwright, Killarney, Boissevain, Deloraine, etc...) and that was the coolest thing. But when Maple Leaf came in, things began to change rapidly.... 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I was in Saskatoon a month ago on our way to Edmonton. Sketchy as the north end... Everywhere.. Its seriously the north end of Winnipeg.. Think meth is a problem here? Its an epidemic there. I've never seen so many run down houses or buildings or just empty lots ever. Its truly a dump. Worst city in Canada that I've been 2 by far.. The reason they likely dont have a CFL team isnt because the Riders.. Its because its a dump

Umm Regina has a team? So it clearly can't be that.

Edited by Fraser

On 2019-09-17 at 2:43 PM, tacklewasher said:

I thought this was funny - Riders fans so mad at the A&W commercial they want to "Come on down to Winnipeg!"

Barry Olney

I have had season tickets (4 seats)
since 2002, I made cash donation to the telethon in the 1990’s ( last chance cash appeal to keep the team a float)
I will keep my season tickets to the end of 2020, then I am done.

Smearing the beef industry is the last straw.
It never too late to apologize.
Everyone makes mistakes.

I challenge the elected board of the Saskatchewa Rough Riders to make corrections.

Barry Olney
Carievale, Saskatchewa

P. S. It is 3 1/2 hour drive to Regina or 4 1/2 hours to Winnipeg.

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Tim Horton's dropping Beyond Meat patties off the menu in all stores except Ont & BC. Said other than those 2 provinces the demand isn't there.

Had one there, it tasted like what I imagine dog s*** would taste like if you fed said dog nothing but vegetables for a week.

2 hours ago, Firekid said:

I thought this was funny - Riders fans so mad at the A&W commercial they want to "Come on down to Winnipeg!"

Barry Olney

since 2002, I made cash donation to the telethon in the 1990’s ( last chance cash appeal to keep the team a float)

Everyone makes mistakes.

I challenge the elected board of the Saskatchewa Rough Riders to make corrections.

Barry Olney
Carievale, Saskatchewa

C'mon down...

5 hours ago, Firekid said:

Barry Olney

Everyone makes mistakes.

Barry Olney
Carievale, Saskatchewa

A Rider fan that spells it "Rough Riders"? 🤔

Edited by JCon

23 hours ago, Firekid said:

Barry Olney

Everyone makes mistakes.

Barry Olney
Carievale, Saskatchewa

lololol This is actually hilarious. Anyone who gets this upset about a damn veggie burger is a nut job. I get it, beef farmers are a big part of canada, the economy etc etc. But **** changes. Adapt or die. That is nothing new. I hope to hell he stays away from everything Winnipeg. Go take your sensitive sally ways out west ya loser!

After actually reading the blog post, i see it wasn't so much about the actual burger. But how the rancher feels A&W makes the beef industry look. And by default, any company who appears in a commercial with them is straight up disrespecting the hard working beefers. So while this doesn't change my stance on how stupid this entire things is. At least shes not pissy about there being a veggie burger. Also I had no idea that A&W a company that buys and sells beef is apparently so anti-beefer producers lol. Some peoples kids i tell ya.

Edited by Bigblue204