New Mosiac Stsdium Artificial Crowd Noise

Geebrr

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

I believe his point is more about who's using CANADIAN beef... AW has been American beef only (disguising it as hormore free) for a long time. 

Well it's not disguising, it's an actual designation American beef can get... just that the industry down there isn't as regulated so you need to have the thing as opposed to up here where it's all hormone free anyway. 

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well it's not disguising, it's an actual designation American beef can get... just that the industry down there isn't as regulated so you need to have the thing as opposed to up here where it's all hormone free anyway. 

Hate to burst bubbles, but Canadian beef is not hormone-free.  That isn't to say that all ranchers are injecting their steers with growth hormones, but I know enough ranchers back home to know that some of them do.  Only the dairy industry is prohibited from using growth hormones.  

The food industry is a mess.  Small organic farmers face more scrutiny than factory farms just to attain an organic designation.  The huge farms have largely been self-policing and we know how well that works. I know of one hog corp that doesn't even have a soil scientist employed in Manitoba anymore.  

Chickens and hogs have been overcrowded for so long that antibiotics (which they are receiving - don't fool yourself) are working less and less well.  Barns are treated like bio-hazards.  

The producers have to take some responsibility in this as well or they are going to lose their markets.

But this probably doesn't belong in this thread.

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The danger of smoking weed is shown in that Save On commercial with the "football fans" they found with carved watermelons on their heads. They all look stoned. Guess the director rounded up four stragglers from one of the many homeless shelters in downtown Regina by asking if they wanted to make 5 bucks. Paying that kind of money guaranteed them the best of the best.

Actually that's the mayor and council of Regina.

On 2019-09-15 at 9:06 PM, The Classic said:

This is spot on.

Having lived here long enough, I've learned how they work. Saskatoon seems to be partly exempt, but the massive insecurity the rest of this province has manifests in a pretty classic way. They're insecure because their weakness is apparent. They're saddled massively with inbred stupidity, where schooling or intelligence is considered a weakness. They have literally nothing going here other than a CFL team, a WHL team and a disgusting shallow lake filled with various types of feces (mostly avian and human). Everything else in this province is done on the small and is pretty much a backwoods parody of what real cities have. They know they're low tier so they're loud. about. everything. ALWAYS. There's this general hatred of Winnipeg but nobody has traveled there. They rarely travel anywhere. They're loud and proud about... well...not really much, but they're too dumb to know it.

Having lived amongst them for so long, I guess you could say I'm like their version of Jane Goodall, except these gorillas are less civilized and aren't nearly as intelligent....and they'll fling their poo anywhere.

NAH! Saskatchewan is not that bad. I have a number of clients in both Saskatoon and Regina. If I had my choice I would rather go to Saskatoon but am in Regina often on business. Great people in both cities.

9 minutes ago, BBRT said:

NAH! Saskatchewan is not that bad. I have a number of clients in both Saskatoon and Regina. If I had my choice I would rather go to Saskatoon but am in Regina often on business. Great people in both cities.

well, it's been nice knowing you........but.........time for you to leave this forum, I'm afraid.

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

well, it's been nice knowing you........but.........time for you to leave this forum, I'm afraid.

Mr. Noeller Sir - I have been on this forum since day one. I really can not post all that often as work tends to get in the way. Today is a travel day and I am in my hotel (not in Regina or Saskatoon) but Toronto which is even harder to like. So not going anywhere soon. But thanks for the warm fuzzies!

10 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Hate to burst bubbles, but Canadian beef is not hormone-free.  That isn't to say that all ranchers are injecting their steers with growth hormones, but I know enough ranchers back home to know that some of them do.  Only the dairy industry is prohibited from using growth hormones.  

Chickens and hogs have been overcrowded for so long that antibiotics (which they are receiving - don't fool yourself) are working less and less well.  Barns are treated like bio-hazards.  

The producers have to take some responsibility in this as well or they are going to lose their markets.

But this probably doesn't belong in this thread.

Agreed about the beef industry - there are always exceptions. 

But you are generalizing too much about hogs and poultry - there are definitely antibiotic free hog and poultry operations in large, enclosed facilities.  This can be achieved through cleanliness and overall herd / flock immunity.  Maple Leaf pays premiums for antibiotic free pork. 

15 hours ago, BBRT said:

We bash Saskatchewan here and it's good natured. Leave your common sense at the door and join the fun. It's very liberating.

16 hours ago, BBRT said:

Saskatoon is a dump. Regina atleast has umm i dunno.. Not much. Saskatoon is the north end

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Saskatoon is a dump. Regina atleast has umm i dunno.. Not much. Saskatoon is the north end

I disagree. There are certainly areas that have challenges, just like Winnipeg, but it's growing and evolving. Saskatoon and Regina are both great little cities. And, cities are made up of the people and, despite their green handi-cap, the people of Saskatchewan are great people. 

43 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah I don't know why people say Saskatoon is decent. It's not. It's fine around the river, but that's it. I lived there when my wife was in vet school. Not a single out of province person stayed in that province from the whole class. There's an area that's a poor man's osborne village but it's not even close to the quality. It's legitimately 2 blocks.

There's nothing to do or anywhere to go. That downtown is tiny and there's nothing notable in it. There's a 4 story building though so that's exciting I guess. 

Saskatoon is a total hole. 

Edited by Dr Zaius

Saskatoon and Regina are small cities. You're not going to get the same amenities that you would in a large city. Winnipeg, for arts, culture and sport hits above it's size. We're lucky. But, if you like the small city lifestyle and like the amenities it has, they are great little cities. 

If you're a hunter, Regina and Saskatoon are great. If you like spending your free time in the nature, canoeing, hiking or whatever, Regina and Saskatoon are great. 

If you like great food choices and lots of concerts, Regina and Saskatoon are not so great. 

It's like saying Toronto is a bad city because the buildings block the view of the Lake Ontario.

The older u get and the more I live out west the less I want to live anywhere IN Sask... I've had opportunities to take jobs there, and just couldn't bring myself to do it. I legitimately don't know that I could live among Riders fans. My Bombers fandom means too much to me. And I'm not even kidding a little bit. 

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

Yeah I don't know why people say Saskatoon is decent. It's not. It's fine around the river, but that's it. I lived there when my wife was in vet school. Not a single out of province person stayed in that province from the whole class. There's an area that's a poor man's osborne village but it's not even close to the quality. It's legitimately 2 blocks.

There's nothing to do or anywhere to go. That downtown is tiny and there's nothing notable in it. There's a 4 story building though so that's exciting I guess. 

Saskatoon is a total hole. 

Well, yeah. Compared to Regina it's paradise though. Compared to anything else, it's a hole.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The older u get and the more I live out west the less I want to live anywhere IN Sask... I've had opportunities to take jobs there, and just couldn't bring myself to do it. I legitimately don't know that I could live among Riders fans. My Bombers fandom means too much to me. And I'm not even kidding a little bit. 

My level of respect for you has gone through the roof.

I sold my soul for a couple bucks and a pension and they scoop it out with a real tiny sharp green spoon, but I'll always be blue and gold.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Saskatoon and Regina are small cities. You're not going to get the same amenities that you would in a large city. Winnipeg, for arts, culture and sport hits above it's size. We're lucky. But, if you like the small city lifestyle and like the amenities it has, they are great little cities. 

If you're a hunter, Regina and Saskatoon are great. If you like spending your free time in the nature, canoeing, hiking or whatever, Regina and Saskatoon are great. 

If you like great food choices and lots of concerts, Regina and Saskatoon are not so great. 

It's like saying Toronto is a bad city because the buildings block the view of the Lake Ontario.

Just be forewarned, you really should not be hunting in Regina or Saskatoon.