Redblacks @ Lions

Zontar

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Both teams are bad but I think you guys are giving the Lions (Reilly) too much credit. This will be an ugly game that will be decided late with some bad penalties and bad tackling. 

I have the RBs winning 22-20. 🤮

I think they teach bad tackling in BC, so there’s that.

But Ottawa has made some crazy decisions on the field lately, so I’ll go with BC 22-20 (in keeping with the theme)

Next week, in the rematch, it may be super important for one of these teams, or just another lame game for both..

Some interesting Game Notes:

Coming into this game, both Ottawa and BC are 1-8 in their last 9 games. BC is 1-4 in games decided in the final 3:00.  👁‍🗨Somehow, someway, they will both be 1-9 after tonight.

- Since 2014, the Lions and REDBLACKS have split their 10 meetings. Ottawa is 2-3 in 5 previous visits to B.C. Place.

- Odell Willis has now gone 7 games without a QB Sack. This is the longest streak of his CFL career (previous: 6 in a row 2017).

- BC has started 10 different players and 8 different starting 5 combinations on the O-Line in 2019.

- BC's pass defence had just 4 INTs in the first 8 games - over their last 3 games they have had 5 interceptions.

- Jonathon Jennings returns to B.C. Place where he has started 22 previous games going 12-10 for the Lions. (Last week, Jennings completed a career-high 33 passes - his previous best mark was 32 vs Hamilton in 2018).

- Mike Reilly was sacked twice last week (matching the fewest allowed since the 1st game of the year). He has been sacked 45 times.

- The Lions have been held scoreless in the 1st Quarter in their last 3 games. They have not led after the 1st Quarter in their last 8 games. - Ottawa has been outscored in the 4th Quarter in 8 of their 11 games.

- Bryan Burnham has 4 of BC's 6 100-yard receiving games, and at 84.8 yds per game is on pace for a career-high 1,442 yards. 👁‍🗨 Brian,  don’t you wish you were a Bomber instead?

- Mossis Madu had just 6 carries last week but was targeted 14 times making 12 receptions for 83 yards (2nd highest single game).

- Over the last 2 games, Garry Peters has 11 tackles, all 3 of his interceptions, and a forced fumble.

- Despite two recent misses, Lewis Ward's career FG% made mark sits at 96.4 on 81-of-84 attempts. Still be headed for A Wards this coming fall

- At 30,292 yards Mike Reilly is poised to pass Tom Burgess (#16 at 30,308) and Sam Etcheverry #15 at 30,381) this week. 👁‍🗨 Too bad he won’t remember any of it.

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nothing at qb thanks to Marcel Desjardins who has now come full circle as a GM. He ground the Ti Cats to dust during his time as GM & now he did the same in Ottawa thinking he could win with Jennings & Davis by being cheap.

Yeah i wonder if Rick Campbell had any say on going into this year with Davis as their No1? 

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

Yeah i wonder if Rick Campbell had any say on going into this year with Davis as their No1? 

I think this year is a big ‘pass’ for everyone - no one gets canned until they have another bad season in 2020

really felt like desjardins wanted to get a feel for the ‘new’ FA salary range Or had an internal cap - he’s already shown he’ll spend like a madman in FA so I’d expect that to come back in Feb

watch Reilly get traded to Ottawa...