World Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

I wasn't sure where this Israel, Iran and China debacle should go, so I thought I would start a new thread and post it here:

Interesting article disusing Israel's actions in trying to destabilize Iran and how it monumentally backfired and brought China into the Middle East... it's kind of crazy

"To the extent that Netanyahu played a role here, his plot has backfired monumentally. If the China deal goes through, Iran is much strengthened and its hard liners are entirely unleashed. The positioning of Chinese security forces in Iran will make it increasingly risky for other countries such as Israel or the US to strike Iran, lest they come into conflict with nuclear-armed China."

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think this is massive, the tides have changed and it doesn't sound like it was negotiated.  Awaiting the response of madman Trump, best pull money out of the markets quickly.

But yeah... China is now in the mix for Middle East presence- that is crazy.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well the guy has been playing silly buggers with Iran since day 1 so I am not sure how you can deflect it from him... His finger prints are all over that whole situation. 

You don't need to look any further than Huawei to realize that China has been in the back door of Iran since the Nuclear Deal was signed, which neither Iran nor China were going to honor. China realizes that the rest of the world doesn't have the stomach to do what needs to be done, which is a full scale embargo on everything coming out China until they start to play nice.  

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think this is massive, the tides have changed and it doesn't sound like it was negotiated.  Awaiting the response of madman Trump, best pull money out of the markets quickly.

He's busy crusading for Muricans' rights to keep using shitty incandescent light bulbs.

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

Both of course. 

Well- Trump cancelling of the Iran Nuclear deal and then bullying all other nations to embargo Iran, painting them into a corner to accept China's help- so yeah he was the catalyst for that. 

Bibi annexing parts of the West Bank? It's not trumps doing, it more like- there is very little to indicate any type of backlash or consequences from the trump administration from taking those criminal steps. Not his fault- but his presidency emboldens Bibi. 

I watched this 2 part documentary last night on how China is implementing and executing their expansion into neighbouring countries, it's quite insidious.  I'm curious to know more about their projects in the oil sands and whether they have basically employed the same tactics within Canada already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/belarusian-opposition-leader-flees-1.5681664

Belarusian opposition leader Svetlana Tikhanouskaya says she fled to Lithuania for the sake of her children, after two nights of clashes following the contested re-election of President Alexander Lukashenko.

Tikhanouskaya, a 37-year-old former English teacher, emerged from obscurity to mount the biggest challenge in years to Lukashenko, taking her husband's place in the campaign after he was jailed.