Remaining Schedule

BBlink

I don't believe the Montreal hype ti be honest. That is a team that needs their running back to have a good game and we have the team that just shuts down a run game. As the riders how running against the Bombers goes. 

Our defensive line and front 7 in general are just too good. The guys I worry about vs. Our D are the experienced QBs.

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't believe the Montreal hype ti be honest. That is a team that needs their running back to have a good game and we have the team that just shuts down a run game. As the riders how running against the Bombers goes. 

Our defensive line and front 7 in general are just too good. The guys I worry about vs. Our D are the experienced QBs.

Me neither.

They are playing better but it is all relative to how awful everyone expected them to be 

Most of all, I don't think Adams is worth the hype he gets.

They are an older team so they should be able to string some wins together.

7 hours ago, BBlink said:

@MTL

VS. HAM

@SSK

VS. MTL

@CGY

VS. CGY

Considering we haven't lost at home in 9 games i'm going to go out on a limb and say we win our remaining ones this year plus one of the away games to finish 13-5.

Should be enough for 1st in the West. Go Bombers

the most important games are vs Ssk and Cgy. Win vs Ssk gaves us the season series. Same as one vs. Cgy.

I really dont care about the others. But of course, it would be nice to win those also.

Oddly enough, Montreal's inconsistency really shows when you look at their wins/loss record. They have six wins, all against different teams (HAM, OTT, EDM, CAL, TOR, BC). They  also have 4 losses, also all against different teams (EDM, HAM, OTT, SSK). The only team they've won the season series with is EDM, by virtue of point differential. Down the stretch, they'll have a lot to play for.

For the Blue and Gold, I think if we win in SSK and split the remaining 2 with CAL, then go .500 in the other 4 (4-2 overall), that should be enough to clinch 1st.

31 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Oddly enough, Montreal's inconsistency really shows when you look at their wins/loss record. They have six wins, all against different teams (HAM, OTT, EDM, CAL, TOR, BC). They  also have 4 losses, also all against different teams (EDM, HAM, OTT, SSK). The only team they've won the season series with is EDM, by virtue of point differential. Down the stretch, they'll have a lot to play for.

I think 3 of their losses have featured Pipkin though...  with Adams they seem to be gaining momentum

Still think they are a wild card but they are one of those teams that could be rolling heading into the playoffs - and breeze through the East...

I heard someone say that Montreal and Saskatchewan are pretty similar teams and I agree. Both have a strong running game. Both have quarterbacks that can extend drives. Both have receivers that can make plays occasionally.  Both are more known for their defense.  But with all of that, both teams are not that great or consistent and are/were mostly running on hot streaks.  They aren't as good as Winnipeg/Calgary/Hamilton imo and fall into the second tier of teams.

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

I heard someone say that Montreal and Saskatchewan are pretty similar teams and I agree. Both have a strong running game. Both have quarterbacks that can extend drives. Both have receivers that can make plays occasionally.  Both are more known for their defense.  But with all of that, both teams are not that great or consistent and are/were mostly running on hot streaks.  They aren't as good as Winnipeg/Calgary/Hamilton imo and fall into the second tier of teams.

Very curious to see how Montreal fits Matthews onto their starting roster...  right now, their worst receiver is Posey because of his dropsies

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I expect us to beat ham and ssk, then split the other 2 at worst. So yeah agree on 13 wins. Maybe 14, we could sweep montreal. But away games are hard, especially this year. 

I worry that Hamilton will figure out how to Stop our two headed beast and the rest of the league learn from them. Steinauer is that good.

20 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I worry that Hamilton will figure out how to Stop our two headed beast and the rest of the league learn from them. Steinauer is that good.

Ti-Cats or Stamps are generally the two teams that figure things out.....and what a bad surprise that would be.  It would be great to have Nichols back before game 18 so they have a couple of games to sort things out and find the best approach.  Two healthy QB's with different skill sets and a real willingness to use them appropriately according to the game situation could put the Bombers in an excellent position heading into the playoffs.  Hopefully O'Shea does not revert to his catch phrase "Matt is the starter" and goes with "everyone's a starter" when crunch time arrives.

4 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

For the Blue and Gold, I think if we win in SSK and split the remaining 2 with CAL, then go .500 in the other 4 (4-2 overall), that should be enough to clinch 1st.

No "thinking" required - that combination by the math WILL guarantee us first place.

Lots of "I'm worried about this team or that team" right now.  Here's my take; we only need to worry about 1 team.  The Bombers.  If they're on, there isn't a team that can run with them.  Period.  So that means that maybe, we call all just take a deep breath and let them do this thing, one game at a time.

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

Lots of "I'm worried about this team or that team" right now.  Here's my take; we only need to worry about 1 team.  The Bombers.  If they're on, there isn't a team that can run with them.  Period.  So that means that maybe, we call all just take a deep breath and let them do this thing, one game at a time.

I agree.

If those same teams played for Winnipeg people would be worrying about our team in a different city.

18 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

To inject a note of realism, Calgary seems to be rounding into form and will not go down without a tooth-and-nail fight. In a playoff game, anything can happen.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

To inject a note of realism, Calgary seems to be rounding into form and will not go down without a tooth-and-nail fight. In a playoff game, anything can happen.

lucky for us we get them at home one of the games against them which could be a big one as I just expect the Bombers to roll over and die in mcmahon stadium as they are known to do. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

lucky for us we get them at home one of the games against them which could be a big one as I just expect the Bombers to roll over and die in mcmahon stadium as they are known to do. 

I didn't see you using the sarcasm font and hope it was an oversight on your part.

25 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Please forgive my worry about this or that team, I think it's warranted after 29+ years of no cup. I am entitled to worrying, thanks to the drought. 

😁

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Thanks for the realism, but here's a bit more realism for you:  We've beaten Calgary before.  Sure they're getting better, but if we play our best, we win.  Could we lose?  Sure.  But I'd bet that they are more concerned about playing us than we are about playing them.  There's a reason we're first in the west right now and it's not an accident.