Banjo Bowl - GAME DAY THREAD

17 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Who said Streveler is a better passer than Nichols? I must have missed it.

Streveler definitely has upside. He's off to a good start and seems to be getting better. Nichols is who he is at this stage of his career, and injuries/age will lead to regression (if it hasn't already started). That's the opposite of upside.

Saying this is not the same as saying Streveler is a better passer than Nichols.

AKAchip just said it one post after you, should try reading once in a while.

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Craziest part is people taking things so personal on here. Like if you disagree with someones opinion that's cool but going off on ridiculous rants is just odd. 

Nice, unfortunately some people on this website have no clue though. 

I don't dislike Streveler and actually like him a lot and hope he develops into a starting QB for us but saying he's better than Nichols after one good game is insanity.

21 minutes ago, Fraser said:

Surprised streveler wasn't fined for some of those licks he put on rider defenders during his runs

No kidding, after that 21 yard romp through 8 defenders I think Strevs should be paying his fines like:

giphy.gif

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

40 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Its tongue and cheek :). All good.  On a side note Michah Johnson was fined for hitting Streveler.   What a great pick-up for the Riders.   

Jefferson did it first....it wasn't intentional....It was pretty close to a sack....the ball was recently in Strev's hands.....it should count for a 1/2 sack.....Micah is da best!!!!

18 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Any have a clip of the Micha hit? I didnt even notice it during the game lol. 

it was after the play...only caught on the replay. It was a late hit more than anything, but he did catch Streveler in the head (light contact, but still....can't touch the head) so it was an auto 15yd and a fine...

41 minutes ago, JCon said:

If you're worried about Micah, I hear he's feeling better. 

He's got the excuses covered.

"Last year wasn't an anomaly, but it was a crazy year," Johnson said leading up to Saturday's home game against the Montreal Alouettes.

"People don't understand that a lot of things have to go right to get a sack and it might not seem like that. The system I'm playing in now is different from the one I played in Calgary."

“I finished up pretty strong last year and that’s what I’m focused on doing. Earlier on (in the 2019) season, I was adjusting to the system and trying to understand where I fit in. Then I got it going and the ankle injury happened. I really think that I can finish strong.”

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/saskatchewan-roughriders-defensive-tackle-micah-johnson-looking-to-build-on-first-sack?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1568298894

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He's got the excuses covered.

"Last year wasn't an anomaly, but it was a crazy year," Johnson said leading up to Saturday's home game against the Montreal Alouettes.

"People don't understand that a lot of things have to go right to get a sack and it might not seem like that. The system I'm playing in now is different from the one I played in Calgary."

“I finished up pretty strong last year and that’s what I’m focused on doing. Earlier on (in the 2019) season, I was adjusting to the system and trying to understand where I fit in. Then I got it going and the ankle injury happened. I really think that I can finish strong.”

https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/saskatchewan-roughriders-defensive-tackle-micah-johnson-looking-to-build-on-first-sack?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1568298894

The "system" is different or his supporting cast is different? I say this because Jefferson didnt seem to have any issues stepping into a new system.

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict

15 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I say this because Jefferson didnt seem to have any issues stepping into a new system.

well it did take Jefferson a few games to really get going, remember we all left the first couple weeks thinking yeah he was OK, but we should get more, well now safe to say he's got it down and is flat out dominating.