Banjo Bowl - GAME DAY THREAD

2 hours ago, AKAChip said:

I find the whole “the offence runs through Harris” thing to be a crutch to justify Nichols’ poor play. It’s true that Harris is the number one option but it doesn’t excuse the lack of effectiveness passing the ball. “Good” and “bad” passing games can be subjective but I count three games this season where Nichols was even passable. Sure, being up a ton and not needing to put up massive numbers helps but he was also getting significantly worse as the season went on, which has become a trademark. I don’t subscribe to the fact that because a guy is the team’s QB and the team has been reasonably successful I have to support that player. Years and years of abysmal QB play until Nichols came around has given many of us Stockholm Syndrome with him. 

I think it's pretty sad when we have our fans just assassinating Nichols character & toughness with a first place team. So much for team loyalty. No matter what he does they'll never give the guy the credit he deserves. Just constant criticism. If we were 1-10 like BC I could understand it. But we're in first place. Like I said, it's just sad. I think at times this fanbase is worse than the Riders.

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think it's pretty sad when we have our fans just assassinating Nichols character & toughness with a first place team. So much for team loyalty. No matter what he does they'll never give the guy the credit he deserves. Just constant criticism. If we were 1-10 like BC I could understand it. But we're in first place. Like I said, it's just sad. I think at times this fanbase is worse than the Riders.

I don’t mention his character or toughness. I just think he sucks at playing QB. 

I think if you read any of my non-Nichols posts and stopped clutching your pearls, you’d find a hell of a lot of positivity. But you’ve historically shown a rather significant lack of awareness and desire to only read and see what you want to see. I guess positivity only counts if it’s pro-Nichols positivity. 

Edited by AKAChip

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

I think if you read any of my non-Nichols posts and stopped clutching your pearls, you’d find a hell of a lot of positivity. But you’ve historically shown a rather significant lack of awareness and desire to only read and see what you want to see. I guess positivity only counts if it’s pro-Nichols positivity. 

Positivity? You just said he sucks. You've been saying that in different ways & in constant posts since the season started. I would agree that to say something positive about Nichols would indeed be a positive response. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Positivity? You just said he sucks. You've been saying that in different ways & in constant posts since the season started. I would agree that to say something positive about Nichols would indeed be a positive response. 

Do you read what I type or just fly off the handle with incorrect conclusions. I am positive and speak positively about most aspects of this team. Nichols and Bighill excluded. But that positivity doesn’t matter to you because it has to be pro-Nichols or no other positive content matters. 

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

Did you feel the same when everybody was trashing Hurl ?  Or the co-oordinaters ?

When a player is out on the field busting his gut & he gets called a wimp because of his parents genetics by a looney fan who says he learned his toughness on an elementary school yard field when he was 8... then yeah, I'll call that fan out. Those comments are Rider fan stupid.

3 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Do you read what I type or just fly off the handle with incorrect conclusions. I am positive and speak positively about most aspects of this team. Nichols and Bighill excluded. But that positivity doesn’t matter to you because it has to be pro-Nichols or no other positive content matters. 

LOL. Okay, you're positive about Nichols. So sorry to have bothered you. ;)

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

I mean.. If we are being honest... Nichols hurt himself last year falling down by himself in practice. U should watch the play again.. Nichols held on to the ball 2 long. Hes injury prone. It is what it is and hes def regressed since injuring himself. 

This might be one of the worst takes I’ve read here in quite some time... rider fans excluded (obviously)...

So.... 

How about that ******* beat down of the riders! 

Start off with a 107yrd 8;30 minute opening drive for a TD!

A smothering defence. Willie J in FULL effect!

Sacks!

Fumbles!

A 21yrd Streveler the Leveller taking on no less than 8 riders! Micah, trucks through Judge- tosses Edem to the side what a run!

Grant busting through some tackles and Boom 4th TD of the game and most certainly the Dagger into the chest of rider nation

Willie J untouched taking out fajita!!!!!

What a Great game!!!!!

So if you boys wanna keep fecal flinging maybe take it to PM cuz we should be talking about the above. 

17 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So.... 

How about that ******* beat down of the riders! 

Start off with a 107yrd 8;30 minute opening drive for a TD!

A smothering defence. Willie J in FULL effect!

Sacks!

Fumbles!

A 21yrd Streveler the Leveller taking on no less than 8 riders! Micah, trucks through Judge- tosses Edem to the side what a run!

Grant busting through some tackles and Boom 4th TD of the game and most certainly the Dagger into the chest of rider nation

Willie J untouched taking out fajita!!!!!

What a Great game!!!!!

So if you boys wanna keep fecal flinging maybe take it to PM cuz we should be talking about the above. 

Oh dear, your game summary gave me a boner.

1 hour ago, blueingreenland said:

Yes, he's been deliberately injuring himself since he joined the CFL. 😉

Yeah, that playoff game in Montreal a few years ago where Nichols  foot was pointing in the wrong direction.... you know he was just waiting for a big game & a national stage to get all the attention. So, he deliberately hurt himself.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

From Ed Tait's latest piece....

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/09/11/12-12-looking-back-2019-season-date/?fbclid=IwAR3uT28nQbE5npJLVXT_JVVtdgeMcnIVGONYqRD-SbwXzRXrB8SVT0Fytxg

Interestingly, the Bombers lead the league with 33 offensive touchdowns and their 19 passing TDs is second in the CFL only to Toronto’s 20. As well, consider this: Nichols leads the CFL with nine of his 15 passing TDs covering 20 yards or more and the Bombers red zone percentage – 65% (24 of 37) – also ranks first in the league.

I’m reporting this post to Mike because it contains facts.