Banjo Bowl - GAME DAY THREAD

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Where's the fun in that?

Several places I think..... # 1 being watching the defenders playing scared as he runs towards them only to step out of bounds at the last second getting another first down. # 2 being in the playoffs when the defenders are again playing scared as he runs towards them,  this time the defender thinking he is going out of bounds but then he doesn't !..... and he rumbles for another twenty plus ....

some fun back-and-forth between Medlock and Streveler on Insta the other day about him running out of bounds....Meddy basically teasing him, saying he should do it more often, and Strev with a cold "No." So it's definitely a thing within the locker room...at least as a joke.

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Most important stat of last week was no turnovers. If the Bombers don't turn the ball over they are nearly impossible to beat.

this is the absolute biggest thing for me. I want the guy who turns the ball over the least as my starting QB. We have all the rest of the pieces in place to win games....just don't lose it because of stupid decisions by whomever is behind centre.

12 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

He also needs to learn how to throw the ball away like Nichols. He's taken 2 grounding penalties so far and it could argued that the 1st one cost the Bombers the game in Regina.

Nichols has taken some grounding penalties too... I don’t see much difference

21 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Nichols has taken some grounding penalties too... I don’t see much difference

Nichols when he is in happy feet mode does one initial read and then if that's not there he auto-fires the ball into the stands.  See Hamilton game this year and West Final last year for proof.  It is maddening.

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is the absolute biggest thing for me. I want the guy who turns the ball over the least as my starting QB. We have all the rest of the pieces in place to win games....just don't lose it because of stupid decisions by whomever is behind centre.

everyone focused on the last drive to lose the game on Labour Day, but there was that bad INT in what was I believe field goal range in the 2nd half as well that could have been the difference too. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

everyone focused on the last drive to lose the game on Labour Day, but there was that bad INT in what was I believe field goal range in the 2nd half as well that could have been the difference too. 

Strev has had a pile of bad INTs this year....that's the biggest thing for me. Plus the intentional grounding penalties which I don't think I've ever seen Nichols take. It's frustrating, but hopefully Strev grows out of it all. Only 24......

12 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Fans comparing the rookie QB to the seasoned game managing veteran..... I am loving it.  

Might as well ask this question...... Grey Cup is this Sunday,  Nichols is healthy,  who do you want to see playing ? 😜

Can we just concentrate on winning the next game?

3 hours ago, Mike said:

So many people I talk to get all up in arms every time I try and tell them I think Streveler is better than Nichols. “250 yards isn’t even good” is the common response I hear ... it’s fun to ask them the last time Nichols put up those numbers.

Are you trying to say that you're over Nichols :)

I broke down the stats before...   pre injury Nichols was putting up 250 frequently.... after injury he has not been the same at all. 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Nichols when he is in happy feet mode does one initial read and then if that's not there he auto-fires the ball into the stands.  See Hamilton game this year and West Final last year for proof.  It is maddening.

Wherein this is where The Strev gives us more...sometimes those situations with him he takes off and they turn into plays of 10 yards or more...

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Strev has had a pile of bad INTs this year....that's the biggest thing for me. Plus the intentional grounding penalties which I don't think I've ever seen Nichols take. It's frustrating, but hopefully Strev grows out of it all. Only 24......

That one in particular I am putting on the coaches though. It was clearly a called throw to get the ball out quickly without really looking, Sask D was just waiting for it. 

42 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That one in particular I am putting on the coaches though. It was clearly a called throw to get the ball out quickly without really looking, Sask D was just waiting for it. 

Yeh that was designed for essentially a no-look/no-read from Strev out to his receiver.

The problem was on Demski not engaging the dB (whom he was supposed to block) to ensure no INT.

You could argue that Strev should have recognized that Demski was standing all alone as he turned and realized that meant he needed to look for the missing DB before throwing the ball (based on the play design)...

Potentially that play isn't an INT in Winnipeg with less crowd noise with the offense on the field (if Demski could have yelled at Strev not to throw the ball - I'd assume that on plays like that the receivers should have a simple word to yell at Strev to indicate the play is broken)

39 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Yeh that was designed for essentially a no-look/no-read from Strev out to his receiver.

The problem was on Demski not engaging the dB (whom he was supposed to block) to ensure no INT.

You could argue that Strev should have recognized that Demski was standing all alone as he turned and realized that meant he needed to look for the missing DB before throwing the ball (based on the play design)...

Potentially that play isn't an INT in Winnipeg with less crowd noise with the offense on the field (if Demski could have yelled at Strev not to throw the ball - I'd assume that on plays like that the receivers should have a simple word to yell at Strev to indicate the play is broken)

I just find it interesting that both INTs on Labour Day were passes thrown to Demski. 

I got nothing against the kid, but I just think we rely too much on him when he'd be better suited to a more complimentary role.