Banjo Bowl - GAME DAY THREAD

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

actually, if I remember right, Derek Dennis was complaining about them piping in actual smoke.....(it was actually fog...a super intense one) but yes, he's definitely a moron. And no, I don't believe the Bombers enhance the crowd noise. The insane crowds and natural acoustics of IGF make it that loud...

He's mentioned crowd noise on twitter before.

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Also, not sure why no one in the booth upstairs told him Bailey just tripped...or why Bailey didn't tell him that. Was obviously a non call

I wonder if they didn't think that there was some interference on the initial contact with the receiver, cause yeah after they disengaged Bailey just tripped. 

26 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

well two things to note. It's not illegal to play music/have the announcer going until the ball is snapped I believe. And the Bombers absolutely do that, just like every other team. 

Some people (like Derrick can't handle smoke Dennis) claim they pump in like actual crowd noise. Which again, isn't against the rules. but kinda weird. I've never noticed anything like that. And it would likely be really hard to pick up at the worst of times and basically impossible to prove. This is a case of people not understanding engineering and how the shape of a building/wall can in fact amplify noise, even allowing it to echo. So I'm very skeptical about that claim.

I don't believe the Bombers pump in crowd noise. 

That being said, it is illegal to play music/ make announcements etc after the offence has broken the huddle.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Gainey didn't go to the sidelines until after MOS threw the flag. But yes, he was acting like a ******* dipshit. Even Dunigan mentioned how odd his behavior was. You're a big reason why you're getting **** kicked dude, just shut up and play ball.

On rf.com (which I'm now banned from...*******) they think MOS was being unsportsmanlike for challenging a play when up by 25. lol. 

Also, not sure why no one in the booth upstairs told him Bailey just tripped...or why Bailey didn't tell him that. Was obviously a non call. Hopefully get that corrected cause if they had done something really dumb and challenged a play like that in the 1st Q only 3 minutes in....it could have really hurt them. Good thing MOS is actually a good coach who wouldnt do something so unbelievably stupid. I mean. Who challenges something within the 1st 5 minutes of a game?

He was there long before the flag was thrown. He ran over as soon as MOS stepped on the field to look at the replay (that wasn't showed). He wanted him to throw it, begging him. He obviously stayed there the entire review. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I'm sure Gainey was convinced there was no PI. Fair enough but why was he concerned with the Bombers wasting their PI so late in a blowout? 

My impression as I watched it was Gainey was congratulating us for trying to get a penalty called on a dive. Essentially suggesting we were classless. Ironic, don'tcha think?

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I wonder if they didn't think that there was some interference on the initial contact with the receiver, cause yeah after they disengaged Bailey just tripped. 

Really think MOS took a shot in the dark, thinking he may as well use the challenge with that little time on the clock. Spotters probably gave a lukewarm response and he though what the hell.

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

a lot of this stuff about the crowds goes back to my long-held belief that we actually have more die-hard fans who are intelligent football fans. They definitely have a lot more "casual" fans that buy all the green gear because it's trendy to do so, but in terms of the true die-hards, who stick around through thick and thin, I really and truly believe we have a lot more of those. They don't need to be told when to make noise and when NOT TO make noise....they just understand football. 

Totally agree, I believe it's because we have been let down so many times in the past we believe we have to will our team to win and all we can do is make it as hard as humanly possible for the offence to hear. Sucks to suck rider fans.

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

256 combined yards.. That's like 2 Matt Nichols games. Lol. 

So many people I talk to get all up in arms every time I try and tell them I think Streveler is better than Nichols. “250 yards isn’t even good” is the common response I hear ... it’s fun to ask them the last time Nichols put up those numbers.

I feel he is better than Nichols...all intangibles aside, I believe he gives us more chances to win...especially when it gets cold out.

4-5 drives would have stalled the last 2 games with no production at all with Nichols in and not having Strevelers abilities to escape...or get yards on the ground...also after heavy doses of him running you see players...a lot of DB's almost shy away and not want to stick their nose in there to meet him head on.

Slowly Lapo is morphing things each week tailored to Streveler..and it has shown on the field...once that kid gets fully comfortable and confident...look the eff out

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I feel he is better than Nichols...all intangibles aside, I believe he gives us more chances to win...especially when it gets cold out.

4-5 drives would have stalled the last 2 games with no production at all with Nichols in and not having Strevelers abilities to escape...or get yards on the ground...also after heavy doses of him running you see players...a lot of DB's almost shy away and not want to stick their nose in there to meet him head on.

Slowly Lapo is morphing things each week tailored to Streveler..and it has shown on the field...once that kid gets fully comfortable and confident...look the eff out

But we will go back to Nichols as soon as he’s healthy... so there’s that