Banjo Bowl - GAME DAY THREAD

30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't think Fajardo is that bad,   he's no MOP elite guy like Rod Black suggested (apparently 9 TD's and 7 ints is MOP material).   I'd put him in the category as serviceable but not going to carry the team on his back.   

Better then Dom Davis,  probably on same level as MBT.  

The biggest thing holding Fajardo back is his arm. The deep throws are floaters and it's no wonder that Rose got the pick on one of the few deep shots they took. With Fajardo you are basically forced to run a quick hitter offense, which as teams learn about your strengths and weaknesses can game plan around and I suspect you will see that happen going forward here. I sincerely doubt that Fajardo is able to toss a ball into a tight window if he has to as well. 

As guy like Davis at least can rifle the ball. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The biggest thing holding Fajardo back is his arm. The deep throws are floaters and it's no wonder that Rose got the pick on one of the few deep shots they took. With Fajardo you are basically forced to run a quick hitter offense, which as teams learn about your strengths and weaknesses can game plan around and I suspect you will see that happen going forward here. I sincerely doubt that Fajardo is able to toss a ball into a tight window if he has to as well. 

Yup, even a lot of his intermediate completions were floated out there.   That ole spin move won't hold up forever, either

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If you ask Suitor-- those short armed rainbows his receivers have to come back/dive for are "touch passes".

Edited by Geebrr

yeah he was their best player...and most professional.

I said right from the get go that he would fade...and the first few games where he was hitting those deep shots was more catching teams off guard as teams didn't think he could make a deep ball...and if you go back and watch that pretty much everyone was a matter of a ball hanging up there and the receiver having to stop...or come back for it...DB's usually were in trail and not a position to make a play....but once teams caught on..it would basically disappear...which it has

I'm sure it was discussed earlier but my lasting memory from this game will be the non-PI call-Bomber challenge sequence. And, not for any good reason, but that it encapsulated so many things. 

First, I didn't see how Bailey went down. I knew Gainey was there and assumed that there was PI. So, I turned to the video board. Of course, there is no replay on the board. I look down at MOS, who's looking up at the board waiting for a replay himself. It didn't come, it didn't come... He's obviously waiting for his spotter to give him some info...

Meanwhile, Gainey, who's been torched more times Johnny Storm on the day, comes to the Bomber sideline, mouthing off to the Bombers, telling MOS to throw the flag. Down by 25 points, with only a few minutes left, this idiot is more worried about a PI call than the scoreboard. Of course, non of his teammates join him, cause he's an idiot. 

MOS throws the challenge flag but there was no PI according to the eye in the sky. 

Fair enough. No-PI, Gainey is a useless tool and we never get a good view via video replay in the stadium. 

Edited by JCon

9 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

O'shea just threw the flag to troll the Riders players and get in their heads for later in the season and it worked like a charm.

I'm sure Gainey was convinced there was no PI. Fair enough but why was he concerned with the Bombers wasting their PI so late in a blowout? 

Yeah, Gainey did not account for Augustine on the TD play.  Didn't see JA until he was well past him.

damned if Augustine doesn't have a gift for making Ed Gainey look bad, torching him on explosion plays two weeks in a row.  gotta keep him on hand for those rivalry games.

Edited by johnzo

49 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The Rose int was because he didn't plant his foot and made a boneheaded decision to lob the ball while being off balance.  

Maybe Fajardo and LaPo should hook up ,  it seems like a dream combo of short passes....

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The Rose int was because he didn't plant his foot and made a boneheaded decision to lob the ball while being off balance.  

Maybe Fajardo and LaPo should hook up ,  it seems like a dream combo of short passes....

that was a classic duck and chuck because of the pressure in his face....should never have put that ball up

38 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Gainey pass int in the endzone on Darvin put ball on the one, and next play touchdown. Later looked like he was supposed to cover Augustine, touchdown.

Don't know anything about him, but he's living off of one decent game where he was gifted 4 ints. 2 years ago.

FTFY

Edited by Bigblue204

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I see on RF.com they think we have artificial noise.

Sorry, that is just a much louder fan base you are experiencing.

Also, we don't need a guy telling us to make noise every down on defence and using a matching band up until the ball is snapped.

Delusional 

They still wont get over this artificial noise stuff. Do we actually do it and I'm just oblivious to it or is there any merit? If we do they should stop as we really sont need it. If its playing by the rules then so be it. 

I've just never noticed it and maybe iys because I've never really cared. 

I do notice it at Mosaic with the drum line and the God damn sirens on the Gainer mobile thing. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I'm sure it was discussed earlier but my lasting memory from this game will be the non-PI call-Bomber challenge sequence. And, not for any good reason, but that it encapsulated so many things. 

First, I didn't see how Bailey went down. I knew Gainey was there and assumed that there was PI. So, I turned to the video board. Of course, there is no replay on the board. I look down at MOS, who's looking up at the board waiting for a replay himself. It didn't come, it didn't come... He's obviously waiting for his spotter to give him some info...

Meanwhile, Gainey, who's been torched more times Johnny Storm on the day, comes to the Bomber sideline, mouthing off to the Bombers, telling MOS to throw the flag. Down by 25 points, with only a few minutes left, this idiot is more worried about a PI call than the scoreboard. Of course, non of his teammates join him, cause he's an idiot. 

MOS throws the challenge flag but there was no PI according to the eye in the sky. 

Fair enough. No-PI, Gainey is a useless tool and we never get a good view via video replay in the stadium. 

Gainey didn't go to the sidelines until after MOS threw the flag. But yes, he was acting like a ******* dipshit. Even Dunigan mentioned how odd his behavior was. You're a big reason why you're getting **** kicked dude, just shut up and play ball.

On rf.com (which I'm now banned from...*******) they think MOS was being unsportsmanlike for challenging a play when up by 25. lol. 

Also, not sure why no one in the booth upstairs told him Bailey just tripped...or why Bailey didn't tell him that. Was obviously a non call. Hopefully get that corrected cause if they had done something really dumb and challenged a play like that in the 1st Q only 3 minutes in....it could have really hurt them. Good thing MOS is actually a good coach who wouldnt do something so unbelievably stupid. I mean. Who challenges something within the 1st 5 minutes of a game?

Edited by Bigblue204

4 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

They still wont get over this artificial noise stuff. Do we actually do it and I'm just oblivious to it or is there any merit? If we do they should stop as we really sont need it. If its playing by the rules then so be it. 

I've just never noticed it and maybe iys because I've never really cared. 

I do notice it at Mosaic with the drum line and the God damn sirens on the Gainer mobile thing. 

well two things to note. It's not illegal to play music/have the announcer going until the ball is snapped I believe. And the Bombers absolutely do that, just like every other team. 

Some people (like Derrick can't handle smoke Dennis) claim they pump in like actual crowd noise. Which again, isn't against the rules. but kinda weird. I've never noticed anything like that. And it would likely be really hard to pick up at the worst of times and basically impossible to prove. This is a case of people not understanding engineering and how the shape of a building/wall can in fact amplify noise, even allowing it to echo. So I'm very skeptical about that claim.

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

well two things to note. It's not illegal to play music/have the announcer going until the ball is snapped I believe. And the Bombers absolutely do that, just like every other team. 

Some people (like Derrick can't handle smoke Dennis) claim they pump in like actual crowd noise. Which again, isn't against the rules. but kinda weird. I've never noticed anything like that. And it would likely be really hard to pick up at the worst of times and basically impossible to prove. This is a case of people not understanding engineering and how the shape of a building/wall can in fact amplify noise, even allowing it to echo. So I'm very skeptical about that claim.

actually, if I remember right, Derek Dennis was complaining about them piping in actual smoke.....(it was actually fog...a super intense one) but yes, he's definitely a moron. And no, I don't believe the Bombers enhance the crowd noise. The insane crowds and natural acoustics of IGF make it that loud...