Banjo Bowl - GAME DAY THREAD

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah..the yapping and posturing was kinda sad...especially down as much as they were...if if u are winning it's sad...I'm sure Jefferson is soooooo glad to not be associated with that clown show.. it tarnished him being there...I loved his backflip of glee rubbing it in the riders face.....

At the end of the home game against the Lions, I was watching Duron Carter.  Unlike most of his team-mates who were out on the field doing post-game visiting with the Bombers, he sat on the bench, and then slowly made his way to say hi to Jefferson, who was engaged with a couple of Lions in some post game friendly chatting.  Carter walked up to Jefferson and tried to do a hand-shake, Jefferson shook his hand and then turned away again and left Carter just standing there.  Then Carter  shrugged and ran off to the dressing room.  I am sure Jefferson wants to forget all of the D-bags he had to play with in Saskatchewan.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I didn't see it on the broadcast but after a Streveler TD plunge, Hardrick crawled like a dog on all fours and pretended to lift his leg and pee in the Riders endzone.... It was odd. And Riders fans are going bonkers about it, talking about classless and it should have been flagged and then fined.... 

Nate Davis pretended to piss on Khari Jones but now it's a problem?

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I didn't like it when Nate Davis did it and I don't particularly like it when our own guys do it. Just a weird and honestly kinda gross celly... 

It's a little much.

I don't really need to see it again.

I do like that they definitely hate the Riders as much as we all do though 

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm confused. Suitor keeps telling me that Gainey is not only an all star level db but a superstar.

I've always had nothing more than a grudging acceptance of Suitor but this year I've developed a full on dislike of his nonsense. What a surprise that not once during yesterday's Ed/Cal game did he mention the arse whuppin' The Blue laid on the Gappers. Had the situation been reversed there's no way he wouldn't have found the time to reflect on and congratulate a Sask win.

26 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You know... for all the scorn and **** heaped upon Rod Black (almost ALWAYS deserved) he finally hit upon a decent nickname...

Streveller "The Leveller"

Not bad- kinda good... Bravo Mr. Black... Bravo.

And- I think I like having Rod and Matty together. He balances Rod out and raises his PbP.

I liked how Matt noticed what all of us Bomber old-timers have recognized, that Daniel Peterman is a Rick House clone.  I even liked his nick-name for Peterman - "Sweet Feet".  I hope that it sticks, for a long and successful Bomber career for Mr. Peterman.

28 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You know... for all the scorn and **** heaped upon Rod Black (almost ALWAYS deserved) he finally hit upon a decent nickname...

And- I think I like having Rod and Matty together. He balances Rod out and raises his PbP.

Were you sitting at the breakfast table with my wife and I? We had this exact conversation as we were rewatching the game. 

It pains me to say it but I kind of hope Streveler the Leveler sticks. Hoping beyond hope someone coined it first and has twitter proof. 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah Dunnigans color of the game on rewatch today was good..and Black actually didnt annoy the hell outta me

And Dunnigun's commentary during Strev's 21 romp smashing all comers- was so much joy to listen to- he gets SOOOO excited for those types of plays- especially from a QB! 

9 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Were you sitting at the breakfast table with my wife and I? We had this exact conversation as we were rewatching the game. 

Yeah- I was waiting for you to offer me some coffee to go with the pancakes... but I had to get it myself- you gotta work on your hospitality man. 

:D

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

33 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Dunigans excitement when big plays happen is the best thing tsn has on their commentary. When Augustine had the big catch and run td Matt was beside himself the whole time. He saw the play develope and it was executed well and he was super pumped by it.

"PUT EM UP!" 

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Dunigans excitement when big plays happen is the best thing tsn has on their commentary. When Augustine had the big catch and run td Matt was beside himself the whole time. He saw the play develope and it was executed well and he was super pumped by it.

He was out of his mind when Streveler levelled Edem

55 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah Dunnigans color of the game on rewatch today was good..and Black actually didnt annoy the hell outta me

I don't like Black's new slogan, "Second & manageable" comment. Like WTF? Was he sitting at home having his morning coffee & thought this was a good ide? Just tell us the down & distance, you tool. Don't reinvent the wheel.  

the call on that Augustine TD was so great .. Streveler has just released the ball and you can't even see Augustine in the shot yet and Matty just starts yelling "Got him! Got him!" and then after the catch Black chimes in with "He got him!"  Those guys actually had some rhythm yesterday.

Maybe a great color guy can elevate everyone around them like a great QB can. TSN should keep those two together.

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Rod's biggest problem is he thinks he's there to entertain. His job is to provide details and continuity...he's terrible at it because he's more focused on making cutesy comments. When a guy runs for 9 yards and Black says he ran for 5 or 6...or when a player is downed on the 25yd line and Black says he's down at the 15 he is totally crapping the bed re: his job description.

If he would leave the colour (entertainment) to the colour guys and stick to what he should be doing he might not drive people nuts.

Matt is a good counterpunch to Black but I still like how Forde takes subtle shots at him...like when GSP was in the booth and Forde offered up Black for an ass kicking. That stuff is gold.

Edited by Deiter Fan