Banjo Bowl - GAME DAY THREAD

Learned a lot about this team today. Very, very impressed.

Streveler played well. Finally gave him an offensive design that helped. He isn't JUST a runner - we let him play QB today and it worked. You can have him on designed runs and still let him air it out a bit more. Inches away from a few more big plays too.  If he can continue to build on this we'll be just fine going forward. This team is so much more dangerous when the offense doesn't completely stall for large parts of the game.

I think we also learned today that we need to do a better job involving the talent we have on offense. Petermann steps in and looks fantastic. He just gets open and catches the ball - he needs more snaps even when Demski is healthy.  Bailey steps in and makes a couple plays.  Augustine is great in space. Maybe we need to spread the ball around more in the future.

Defense and special teams remain championship calibre. Not much more to say about them. Jefferson continues to be dominant. Richie Hall has his group on fire.

Edited by Captain Blue

53 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm taking an adventure and reading the game thread on riderfans for poops and giggles.

I'm only at the part where Streveler bowled his way down for the big run ...

So far what I've read is that the reason the Bombers are leading at this point is: 

Andre Proulx is calling terrible penalties

They loathe Micah Johnson and blame him for everything 

Apparently tonnes of empty seats and they are pumping in fake crowd noises  (I LOL'd hard at that one)  

They also hate Rod Black

They dislike Marshall....

They think the refs are giving the Bombers the game yet the same people are blaming Shivers and blaming him also....

You missed that they hate Matt Dunnigan

1 hour ago, CodyT said:

Another comment I want to make that some posters have already spoken about is that 2nd quarter run by Streveler. I don’t know that I have seen a QB run and break tackles with force like that in my life. I am 26 and have been watching football a good portion of my life.

it looked like he was 5 yards short of the marker and made an incredible play. Matt Dunigan  was before my time but based on what I’ve heard would he potentially be the same style qb?

It’s got to be hard to stop a guy like this, and at only 24! Kids got more than just raw potential now... will be interesting to see how his career plays out 

Dunigan talked about Ken Hobart in Hamilton back in the 80's & Matty was spot on. Streveler & Hobart played the game exactly the same. Both could run. Both were physical & strong.

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I love the two back set with two guys who can run. I'd rather see Harris at FB depth with a faster guy like demski or lucky etc as tail back. Augustine isn't nearly good enough at blocking to be the second back. Olivera still leaves Augustine off the roster next year.

Peterman on the other hand was fantastic as usual. Can't say enough about his game.

Petermann deserves to start, We're better offensively with him in there.

18 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Dunigan talked about Ken Hobart in Hamilton back in the 80's & Matty was spot on. Streveler & Hobart played the game exactly the same. Both could run. Both were physical & strong.

My favourite of all time. Couldn't beleive my ears when Hobart was referenced.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I laughed so hard at the rider jagoffs celebrating nothing plays when down by 25 points; what a bunch losers. I've seen teams suck before but they are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. 

you obviously did not listen to the Banjo Bowl rules at the game.   I thought you were better than this.  

Quote from wearestupidriderfans.com 

"I realize you are a banned bummer troll who can not respond but you have to remember we are missing six of our starting offense (Left Tackle, two best guards in the CFL, starting Canadian fullback (Lavoie ) and starting Canadian slot (Watson) as well as one of the best interior DL in the league. The bummers were in far better shape than the Riders. Missing juicer Harris should not be that big of a deal as one would thinking he is not that dense to continue juicing this year so he is was not that big of a loss. Streveler or Nichols is a toss up.
Are you Booch the ******?!?"

ummmm...how are the Bombers in far better shape missing their starting QB, starting RB and best RB in the league, back up RB, one of the best DEs in the league in Jeffcoat, starting long snapper, starting WR and kick returner Whitehead, several starting canadians on the OL not to mention Alexander and Briggs......

I'll give it to him that both teams are on their back up QB although what CF has done is likely 100 times1better than what ZC would have done but that's about it. If Watson is a loss at WR that show how thin they are with depth.and who are the "best guards in the league"??? Cofield and Blake?!?

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hobart was a better passer than Streveler but Ken was always run first & damn the torpedos

no way, that guy was super fun to watch and a real corsair out there but as a passer he wasn't great. He was a lifetime sub-50% passer in an era when the top guys were around 60%

15 minutes ago, johnzo said:

no way, that guy was super fun to watch and a real corsair out there but as a passer he wasn't great. He was a lifetime sub-50% passer in an era when the top guys were around 60%

Hobart was still a better passer than Streveler is at this point in his career.  Hobart wasn't good. But they played the same type of game.