Banjo Bowl - GAME DAY THREAD

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Augustine was average over all and a lot of sub par runs. He isn't taking carries away from any one any time soon. Harris is the best in the league. 

They ran Augustine as the 30 back a few times with Rose behind him at the end of the game.  That would be interesting with Harris in there.

When everyone is back it would be nice to see guys like Augustine and Petermann have a role.  They can play, Petermann especially.  No harm in platooning guys.  Augustine isn't going to take many reps from Harris in October and November but Augustine is a good enough player that he needs attention when they are used in tandem.

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They ran Augustine as the 30 back a few times with Rose behind him at the end of the game.  That would be interesting with Harris in there.

When everyone is back it would be nice to see guys like Augustine and Petermann have a role.  They can play, Petermann especially.  No harm in platooning guys.  Augustine isn't going to take many reps from Harris in October and November but Augustine is a good enough player that he needs attention when they are used in tandem.

Petermann should be starting over Demski. How do they take Bailey out?

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Petermann should be starting over Demski. How do they take Bailey out?

Yeah Bailey gives a bit of the shake and bake that Whitehead has but is a much more polished receiver.  Can still get Whitehead on as a DI, his speed is a huge weapon but I don't think he's a good enough receiver every down.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I love the two back set with two guys who can run. I'd rather see Harris at FB depth with a faster guy like demski or lucky etc as tail back. Augustine isn't nearly good enough at blocking to be the second back. Olivera still leaves Augustine off the roster next year.

Peterman on the other hand was fantastic as usual. Can't say enough about his game.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I love the two back set with two guys who can run. I'd rather see Harris at FB depth with a faster guy like demski or lucky etc as tail back. Augustine isn't nearly good enough at blocking to be the second back. Olivera still leaves Augustine off the roster next year.

Peterman on the other hand was fantastic as usual. Can't say enough about his game.

With respect, I think you might be underestimating JA's potential based on his body of work to date.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

With respect, I think you might be underestimating JA's potential based on his body of work to date.

If you take out a big catch and one run its a very sub par performance over two games with a great, great run blocking ol and game plan. Plus Peterman and Adams are great blockers too. Augustine has more carries for 3 Or less yards then any other out come. We were constantly in second and long over both games. With Harris he'd a averaged 100 plus yards rushing alone and more catching. 

Augustine is slow to read blocks slow to hit the hole lacks speed or significant power. He's a good tough player. Great we a third string RB but that's it right now. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

If you take out a big catch and one run its a very sub par performance over two games with a great, great run blocking ol and game plan. Plus Peterman and Adams are great blockers too. Augustine has more carries for 3 Or less yards then any other out come. We were constantly in second and long over both games. With Harris he'd a averaged 100 plus yards rushing alone and more catching. 

Augustine is slow to read blocks slow to hit the hole lacks speed or significant power. He's a good tough player. Great we a third string RB but that's it right now. 

Not suggesting we take touches away from Harris, just suggesting JA has given us some food for thought in adding some wrinkles to keep the opposing D off balance.

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

For a team who got schooled and handled easily..basically in both games they sure yap and boast..its embarrassing.. 

Gainey..MCray..Edem..Moncreif..yapping off and taunting when down by 39..like really??

And c'mon Weasle Dickenson..get a handle on your me first team..I use the term team loosely..we watched a team play..wpg

Same with the pregame **** they tried at mid field...we didnt bite on the bait..the  soundly whipped them. What a class less bunch

They're done

You have to like Strev. He may not be a polished passer yet....but the guy has mojo and what is he 24. If you can gain pocket awareness even if it takes a few years he seems to have a bright cfl future. 

#27 runs well, he could be a little more patient at times in the hole but really he has filled in for Harris really well! Peterman just balls, the guy deserves more time. Bailey looked good, he ran hard, one mistake bubbling back that he is lucky on the outcome with but his small body of work graded out well I’m sure. 

Defence was awesome! Our slime even with massive rotation is good, heck even Hanson was in creating havoc. 

Lots to be proud of today

My Favourite thing about this Game- it shows which team is mentally tough- riderfans were shitting on the bombers last drive and folding like a cheap lawnchair and just **** talking about us and how the Bombers are pretenders and such. FUnny thong is- we have never been out of a game... we always get full effort till the end with these guys- riders.. not so much just jawin' pointing fingers of blame and being generally douchy. **** em. 

45 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Not suggesting we take touches away from Harris, just suggesting JA has given us some food for thought in adding some wrinkles to keep the opposing D off balance.

We will already be hard up for play time with bailey when lucky is healthy. Certainly wouldn't take woli Peterman demski or an imp off for him. 

We use the dual carry threat we just use it with other guys like demski and lucky and we use motion as much as a static two back set.