half season, will the Bombers go to and win the Cup?

Mark F

The Bombers have a very good chance to advance to the finals and win..no matter who the QB is. We have a stellar team.

But,

We also have a lack of recognition from the Coaching staff on how to do that. The technical Coaching, preparation and attitude is fine, but the game planning to beat certain teams needs work. That includes play calling and line ups. We fall short in that regard.

You can’t convince me that we don’t have a team talented enough to beat anybody. 

But our use of players...

That’s what’s holding us back.

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The Bombers have a very good chance to advance to the finals and win..no matter who the QB is. We have a stellar team.

But,

We also have a lack of recognition from the Coaching staff on how to do that. The technical Coaching, preparation and attitude is fine, but the game planning to beat certain teams needs work. That includes play calling and line ups. We fall short in that regard.

You can’t convince me that we don’t have a team talented enough to beat anybody. 

But our use of players...That’s what’s holding us back.

Mostly agree, but our safety position is vulnerable, and if the DB's have to start covering for Hecht's lack of speed, they are in trouble. 

24 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'll give you Calgary but I'm not sure the Riders are better.

the Riders are trash...they barely beat our back-ups. By far the most overrated team in the league. **** everything about that team. I'm not sold on Streveler yet, but I hope he hangs 40 on them this week and we just ******* pummel them. 

Need to see more from Calgary.  BLM has a chronic issue with his passing arm/shoulder/now pec.  He had significant surgery in the off-season.  He's struggled last season and earlier this season.  A shot of pain meds and cortisone doesn't repair that.

The Banjo Bowl is a HUGE game.  The Bombers need to win 3 games and they are in real good shape for a home playoff game, the last 2 vs Sask and 1 vs Calgary.  They could lose the rest and probably end up 2nd.  If they lose another to Sask and both to Calgary the Bombers would have a real hard time finishing top 2.

That said get into the playoffs and you have a chance.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Eventually the wheels are going to come off in Saskatchewan but I feel like Calgary is just getting started. I am expecting the standings to be:

Calgary

Winnipeg

Saskatchewan

Edmonton

BC

That gives us the home playoff game vs. the Riders, but then we have to go to Calgary and I don't like our chances there. It is shaping up a lot like last year.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Eventually the wheels are going to come off in Saskatchewan but I feel like Calgary is just getting started. I am expecting the standings to be:

Calgary

Winnipeg

Saskatchewan

Edmonton

BC

That gives us the home playoff game vs. the Riders, but then we have to go to Calgary and I don't like our chances there. It is shaping up a lot like last year.

To be honest... if we don't take First- I want the cross over.

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

Calgary

Winnipeg

Saskatchewan

Edmonton

BC

Shaping up the same because we keep the same coaching staff year in & year out. Why should things change when nothing does? It's up to O'Shea but he has blind loyalty to his staff.

17 hours ago, Mark F said:

Wondering what people think.

with Calgary looking like same old Calgary, (one game only) maybe they are the team to beat again. Not worried about Edmonton, Sask, or B.C.

Meh...BLM with the dead cat bounce after weeks of rest to his body. His shoulder is mush, has been for almost a year and a half now, and once he takes a few hard landings on it he will not play as well.

Why can't we win the cup? Our defense has been phenomenal and our offense with Nichols and Harris is good enough.  If it's not Hamilton then we should still be favoured to win the cup. Funny that the moment the Riders beat the Bombers in the LDC without our starting QB and RB is also the first time where I'm hearing Grey Cup probabilities. lol Get real.

16 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

But,

But our use of players...

That’s what’s holding us back.

Agree both Lapo and Hall need to call it to "play to win" and not "play not to lose" 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

20 hours ago, Tracker said:

Mostly agree, but our safety position is vulnerable, and if the DB's have to start covering for Hecht's lack of speed, they are in trouble. 

Certainly an issue at safety....not much different than Loffler was. Pretty tough when you have to try and hide a player’s coverage weaknesses by constantly blitzing him.....same sh....different guy. 

well our pathetic passing game...whack of injuries...first and second starts for 2 key offensive guys...hostile environment...craptacular reffing...and we still should have walked away with win...tells you something 

Home crowd hostile environment...p'o'd team..another game of experience for QB and RB...we shall see whathappens