Chris Streveler - Has your opinion changed?

B-F-F-C

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Rider fans seem to think he can't throw. Nevermind the 70% completion rate and 2 tds he had on Saturday. Those don't count. 

Frankly...and this is just one guy's opinion...I think his deep ball misses are a by-product of his natural arm strength (he doesn't get much air under the deep balls) and his enthusiasm and adrenaline. He spots a guy, his eyes get wide as saucers and he let's it fly. When he settles in and settles down a bit I think he'll dial in those throws.

Heck, Nichols has years under his belt as a starter and still misses those deep balls sometimes.

I think Chris has tons of upside. He just needs the reps and good coaching. 

Edited by Deiter Fan

1 minute ago, Deiter Fan said:

Frankly...and this is just one guy's opinion...I think his deep ball misses are a by-product of his natural arm strength and his enthusiasm and adrenaline. He spots a guy, his eyes get wide as saucers and he let's it fly. When he settles in and settles down a bit I think he'll dial in those throws.

Heck, Nichols has years under his belt as a starter and still misses those deep balls sometimes.

I think Chris has tons of upside. He just needs the reps and good coaching. 

I think you may be right. there were a few of the deeper throws you could see instantly that he knew he simply missed. The guy is smart, he knows what he does well out there and what he doesn't. Got a lot of time for a physical freak who knows he has to keep improving. 

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think you may be right. there were a few of the deeper throws you could see instantly that he knew he simply missed. The guy is smart, he knows what he does well out there and what he doesn't. Got a lot of time for a physical freak who knows he has to keep improving. 

The 2 to Woli were great throws. One was literally inches too far in front  and the other a few feet. He's throwing them with tight spirals and on target just a bit too far. I know that sounds like a contradiction...but I've seen Matt toss deep balls that were not only too deep but also off target OB. Not slagging Matt...he definitely dialed in some deep balls his last couple of starts.