Chris Streveler - Has your opinion changed?

B-F-F-C

Let’s not forget that Streveler only had two college seasons as a starting QB before coming to the CFL.  Both highly athletic and intelligent - he’s already got a masters degree in sport management.

His second go as a CFL starter has quite an encouraging trajectory.  His passing will only get better as the game slows down for him.

Nichols on the back nine of his career. Probably still has a few good years left. Most QBs take years to become starters. At 24 I like where Streveler is at. If he has the opportunity could be one of the top QBs in the league down the road. Hope it's with the Bombers. It looks effortless when slings that ball down the field. With more experience should get more accurate and better at his reads. Guys like Reilly,Durant have killed us in the past partly with there running ability. Love that we have a guy that is that dual threat.

I'd really like to see a 1A/1B with Streveler getting more time than Nichols... doubt it can happen but there's no way the bombers can let Streveler walk and keep Nichols after this season

I'm a bit hesitant to anoint Streveler the full starter after watching Jennings and other guys fall apart with too much pressure too early - but the Bombers might have to do it

I'm sure Ottawa would take Nichols for a 1st round pick after this season...

I just think streveler is a different beast, and I thought that based solely on the very first interview I ever heard him give in training camp last season. Everything he has done in his time here leads me to believe that he has that *it* factor. He may not turn into a great, but that guy can be a successful starting quarterback I have no question about that. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I'd really like to see a 1A/1B with Streveler getting more time than Nichols... doubt it can happen but there's no way the bombers can let Streveler walk and keep Nichols after this season

I'm a bit hesitant to anoint Streveler the full starter after watching Jennings and other guys fall apart with too much pressure too early - but the Bombers might have to do it

Why would Ottawa pay a 1st rounder for Nichols when he'll be a FA?

there's also no reason for Ottawa to give up a pick, when they know the Bombers aren't going to pay that salary next season and more likely to release him.   Bombers will be in a no win-scenario when it comes to that contract.  No team is going to want to eat 475K with his production, and the most they would possibly get is similar to what we gave up to get him in the first place... something like a late round pick (was it 7th we traded??).

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

I feel the same. But then I also remember Streveler has something Jennings/Printers etc etc didn't/don't have. Smarts. He is a very intelligent person, even outside of football "smarts". I remember Oshea or maybe Lapo talking about how physically gifted he was, but his best attribute was his intelligence and how hard he works to get the mental aspect of the game down.

44 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That was the original thought, although that article is dated (Feb - 2019)

Noeller is right. I read/heard the same thing. There was a misconception on Nichols contract and Bauming/Hamilton has cleared up that misconception.

Edit

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I don't think I have ever seen a QB truck a LB like that.

What a monster 

The thing about Streveler too... he’s not that big based on measurables... everyone just assumes he’s 6’5, 230 the way he runs guys over... I’ve had to correct people countless times that he’s “only” 6’1, 215... of course, that’s an impressively built 215, but nevertheless, he’s trucking LBs that often have 20+ pounds on him...

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Printers not smart? Don't you remember him on HardKnocks telling the coach that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****? Pure genius.

Didn't he also state he wanted to be the best Quarterback in all of football, before he hadn't even made an NFL squad??

34 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Didn't he also state he wanted to be the best Quarterback in all of football, before he hadn't even made an NFL squad??

No he said he wanted to be the best ever in the CFL, after getting cut from the NFL. Everyone got all hot and bothered by that comment. But shouldn't every player want to be the best? I didn't get the angst of it.

39 minutes ago, bearpants said:

The thing about Streveler too... he’s not that big based on measurables... everyone just assumes he’s 6’5, 230 the way he runs guys over... I’ve had to correct people countless times that he’s “only” 6’1, 215... of course, that’s an impressively built 215, but nevertheless, he’s trucking LBs that often have 20+ pounds on him...

He is jacked though.

Shredded