Chris Streveler - Has your opinion changed?

B-F-F-C

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, our guy has a different offense & he ain't changing. Frustrating as hell.

Lapo doesn't tailor an offense to the players he has, he runs what he wants to run. Kyle Walters tried to get him the players to fit, but Lapo still is too inflexible and thinks his cleverness can make everything work out fine. 

If he'd actually look at what he's got for players and come up with an offense to maximize their abilities he'd be a lot further ahead. Stubborn to a fault but no one ever talks about the ego that guy has. 

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

And Steveler? Will he be here next year?

Good question. It might depend on what the Bombers do with Nichols.

My uneducated guess is this is what Walters is thinking, "If we don't win the Grey Cup this year, we will move on without Nichols next year."

If Nichols is gone Streveler might sign here, but then again the Bombers may bring in another QB that shakes loose...i.e. Arbuckle type.

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Lapo doesn't tailor an offense to the players he has, he runs what he wants to run. Kyle Walters tried to get him the players to fit, but Lapo still is too inflexible and thinks his cleverness can make everything work out fine. 

If he'd actually look at what he's got for players and come up with an offense to maximize their abilities he'd be a lot further ahead. Stubborn to a fault but no one ever talks about the ego that guy has. 

Unfortunately, I'm sure Booch can attest that there are a lot of coaches out there from the pro level down to pee wee & bantam that run their offense no matter what. They may know their system cold & it may be a great offense but as you say it depends upon finding the right players to fit what they run. If they do, they win championships. If they don't they lose. But they're stubborn & will run the same system even if the key players don't fit. The result is usually a disaster. The great coaches are the ones that tailor their offense to the players they have. They know what it takes to win. You don't put a Volkswagen Jetta in the Indy 500. Why make a qb who can run into a pocket passer? Why make a pocket passer into a scrambler?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Good question. It might depend on what the Bombers do with Nichols.

My uneducated guess is this is what Walters is thinking, "If we don't win the Grey Cup this year, we will move on without Nichols next year."

If Nichols is gone Streveler might sign here, but then again the Bombers may bring in another QB that shakes loose...i.e. Arbuckle type.

And move on without LaPo.

9 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

This thread is sure helping me pass the time while the wife sleeps...... all this love for Big Chris .... I can't wait to tell her when she wakes up.   

Streveler throwing for over two hundred yards this Saturday and a win is what we all need.

Hope things are going ok with your wife, my thoughts.

Streveler is fun to watch, and I'd rather try to tackle a moose- crap he's strong on the run

Get him outside , cuz only the DT's are stronger than him 1 on 1 , and get him reps- he needs muscle memory and timing at game speed 

Sure, play this week to kick our ass, but then use the remaining games to get him ready for playoffs - mid and long throws so he has his mechanics down, not just trying muscle the long balls 

Once again- hope the banjo bowl is your biggest worry this weekend  

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It's fine.. and not unusual for an OC to have his base..his bread and butter that he works with..and doesn't stray from..but also he needs to look beyond that, and adapt things within his base.

We should be consistanltly running clear out routes to hit a guy like Lucky on quick slants or 5-7 yard crossers..and even have him and Demski run them on plays where they are not the primary to help influence the defense on other plays...and still be there and u know they are there for a quick way to combat and take advantage of a blitz..not the constant outlet hitch and flat pass hovering around the line of scrimmage..teams have seen that too much and have adapted.. and Lapo hasnt.

In the case of Lucky that's all he sees now..and teams play to that and he's smothered...if he doesnt juke and jive and use his amazing skill he's stuffed for no gain..luckily he is as amazing as he is to still get 3 to 4 yards..he's being wasted and not used right..he needs plays where he is hit in motion.. and space beyond the L.O.S no LB or HB is gonna be able to be in his hip pocket and will be in trail position 

Also..USE the jet sweep..more than once a game..the repeated fake of it only works when u actually give it to the guy 2 to 3 times out of 5...its generally positive yards and ran more than one time a game has chance for big plays...you dont influence a defense much when you never deviate.

Edited by Booch

31 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Nichols and Streveler are putting up around the same number of total yards per game, they just do it in different ways.

but the framework for the offense is still essentially the same. Take a few deep shots (neither of our qbs are great at the deep ball) and lots of 0-3 yard passes to sitting duck targets. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

but the framework for the offense is still essentially the same. Take a few deep shots (neither of our qbs are great at the deep ball) and lots of 0-3 yard passes to sitting duck targets. 

True. My point is that it doesn't matter how we get the yards as long as we get them.