Chris Streveler - Has your opinion changed?

B-F-F-C

6 hours ago, Booch said:

lay blame where it belongs...right at Lapo's feet...the game was lost in first quarter with his "i'm smarter than all and will trick everyone" schtick and pound Streveler (round peg) into a square hole (pocket passer)

What that was all about was mind boggling...first 2 series...not even a hint of run..allow SASK to get momentum and pin ears back and stifle us...total crap

You allow Strev to do what he does, and gradually massage in new wrinkles and do things from the pocket...thats when you outsmart people and catch them off guard..

We'll never win a damned thing with our 2 coordinators. They've had years to get this right. Forget continuity. It's overrated. Get new O & D coordinators after this season.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

35 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Streveler just needs to not turn the ball over. 

the first int wasn't a great throw, but the 2nd one I thought that it was just a terrible play call because it's a quick turn and throw and the Riders D was waiting on it all day. Both passes that were intercepted were to Demski I believe, it's clear to me that the Riders were keying on him in the short game because they were always right there to jump the ball. That's a Lapo fail because even Jason Shivers knows the crap he wants to do. I'd have thrown more to Wolitarsky and Lawler cause they made plays happen. 

the guy throws pretty well on the run, what's the harm in rolling him out and cutting the field down and letting him throw on the move until the game slows down for him. 

Bottom line Lapo needs to learn how to draw up screen passes better and stop pretending like dumping off and hoping the back or receiver can turn it upfield for a big gain is a legitimate game plan. 

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

the guy throws pretty well on the run, what's the harm in rolling him out and cutting the field down and letting him throw on the move until the game slows down for him. 

Bottom line Lapo needs to learn how to draw up screen passes better and stop pretending like dumping off and hoping the back or receiver can turn it upfield for a big gain is a legitimate game plan. 

You better like that game plan..... because once Nichols and Harris are back out there together it's all we will be seeing.

This didn't change anything for me. Streveler is a young guy with loads of talent. Just needs more experience. Took a sack due to lack of experience. Threw two ints because of it. And missed Demski/lucky (though he threw it to Demski) behind coverage because of it.

The sack that he took, the huge hit deep in our own end. He needs to see that before the snap. They didn't hide it. And the RB took the guy coming up the middle, which is correct. 
The first pick should have been a throw away. The coverage was tight, he just tried to force it. The second int was maybe lack of experience AND bad play call. No look pass, against a D that's really moving up...ugh all around on that one.

And that deep play to Demski that was called for PI should have been 6. He throws that ball a second earlier and it is. It was under thrown because by the time he saw it the pocket had collapsed and he couldn't step into it. Again, a vet would have seen it and thrown it up early very much like Mitchel did during the stamps game.

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

It also got them to 8-2 so I'm good with it.

You don't think all the game film the other teams have on it won't come back to haunt them later on in the season ?

and it wasn't just Nichols An Harris that gotthe team to 8-2

Edited by NorthernSkunk

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The biggest knock on Streveler is that he's inexperienced. I for one am glad he's getting some this year. He's way ahead of schedule in his QB maturation IMO. These games will go a long way towards knowing if he's a guy you can build a team around or not. I think you can.

My thoughts exactly. He went into one of if not the hardest regular season game for the bombers and almost pulled it off. Only 1 qb has been a part of that in the last 15 years or so. He basically did what Nichols would have (maybe nichols puts up another 50 passing) and added some mobility. He didn't look like a world beater. But certainly gave me reasons to be optimistic about his future.

He needs time. And maybe an offence that can utilize his skills a bit better.

Lapo is a concern for me with young QB's.  He has a really poor track record of working with young ones.  Durant is probably his best work, but even he was mid-career when Lapo took over as OC in Regina.

At least we have Buck Pierce around too.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

My thoughts exactly. He went into one of if not the hardest regular season game for the bombers and almost pulled it off. Only 1 qb has been a part of that in the last 15 years or so. He basically did what Nichols would have (maybe nichols puts up another 50 passing) and added some mobility. He didn't look like a world beater. But certainly gave me reasons to be optimistic about his future.

He needs time. And maybe an offence that can utilize his skills a bit better.

Nichols doesn't throw the INTs and we win.........I believe.

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nichols is injured on the big sack. Nichols does not have the mobility Streveler does and is sacked many more times and carted off the field. 

Nichols without his checkdown Harris is killed. 

Nichols also likely gets worse as the game goes on. Nichols consistently throws for under 200 and would have at the LDC. He also doesnt put up 65 yards running. We lose with Nichols. In what World does Nichols win when the D or Special teams dont score a TD? 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Do u actually watch the games? If you did you would likely realize that even with Nichols and Harris our O rarely puts up over 20 points... The only time we put up points is when the D or Sp Tms score TDs. 

Yes....I do watch the games.....my issue is people constantly dump on the defence......and on The DC. Wrongly...is my contention. Thanks

50 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nichols takes another 5 or 6 sacks where Streveler escaped and....

Riders don't respect Nichols running off-tackle when they do run the zone read look (where Augustine busts off a 55 yarder on the first TD drive) and Augustine gets....

Too many variables.

It's a different game with Nichols because the Riders D plays our O different.

Inexperienced is the only real knock on Strev...he gets that..which he is..he will get better..he is highly intelligent so when he sees something..and has a screw up.. he learns...that has been his track record since college.

I have seen progression already from the EDM game to the SSK game...probably 2 of the toughest first starts to be dropped into.

He already has shown more poise in pocket from that first start..a few times he hung in..made a throw...also several times him being tough to bring down allowed him to get away and make plays..a couple with runs..one for sure I recal by passing...

Also like mentioned.. he doesnt have 4 years of college QB experience to draw off..basically his first year at SDSU he did alright but was raw..year 2...showed big time progression and lit it up..and was very adept and accurate with his mid to intermediate throws..I see this trend happening here too as he gets more games in..patience is order of the day and luckily we can have a bit as our record.. for now allows that

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

This didn't change anything for me. Streveler is a young guy with loads of talent. Just needs more experience. Took a sack due to lack of experience. Threw two ints because of it. And missed Demski/lucky (though he threw it to Demski) behind coverage because of it.

The sack that he took, the huge hit deep in our own end. He needs to see that before the snap. They didn't hide it. And the RB took the guy coming up the middle, which is correct. 
The first pick should have been a throw away. The coverage was tight, he just tried to force it. The second int was maybe lack of experience AND bad play call. No look pass, against a D that's really moving up...ugh all around on that one.

And that deep play to Demski that was called for PI should have been 6. He throws that ball a second earlier and it is. It was under thrown because by the time he saw it the pocket had collapsed and he couldn't step into it. Again, a vet would have seen it and thrown it up early very much like Mitchel did during the stamps game.

If we’re thinking about the same sack Augustine ran into the line and took a DT in the A gap when there was a free rusher off the edge...Couture literally turned and was like WTF because that was his and Desjarlais block and there was nothing extra in the middle.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If we’re thinking about the same sack Augustine ran into the line and took a DT in the A gap when there was a free rusher off the edge...Couture literally turned and was like WTF because that was his and Desjarlais block and there was nothing extra in the middle.

Yah, Johnny got lost a few times.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

the first int wasn't a great throw, but the 2nd one I thought that it was just a terrible play call because it's a quick turn and throw and the Riders D was waiting on it all day. Both passes that were intercepted were to Demski I believe, it's clear to me that the Riders were keying on him in the short game because they were always right there to jump the ball. That's a Lapo fail because even Jason Shivers knows the crap he wants to do. I'd have thrown more to Wolitarsky and Lawler cause they made plays happen. 

And get Petermann more involved.