Chris Streveler - Has your opinion changed?

B-F-F-C

Haven't changed my opinion much. Have been a huge Streveler fan since Day 1 but don't think he'll ever be good enough to be a legit #1 in this league. Matt Nichols, with or without Andrew Harris, would have won that game yesterday and I'll fight over that. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm not sure it's sustainable, Streveler can't continue to take the amount of punishment he absorbs every game, he goes down and we're looking at McGuire.

I thought he took a beating, some of his runs were running a gauntlet.

There's no way to tell how well he can play till they

1. Run some plays that suit him.

2. Get him more than one second to throw. O line was not very good in this game.

He certainly showed real leadership, gutting out enough offence to win the game, pretty much on his own.

Edited by Mark F

14 minutes ago, Mark F said:

2. Get him more than one second to throw. O line was not very good in this game.

He certainly showed real leadership, gutting out enough offence to win the game, pretty much on his own.

Yeah but when he's busting off that 19 yard QB sneak he's inflicting more punishment than he's taking.

Agree with 1 and 2.  The hits to worry about are the ones in the pocket and when he's looking to pass, that's when he's going to get injured.

19 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Why make a mobile QB into a sitting duck pocket passer......move the pocket.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lawler, Whitehead, Grant.

He's got a hard-on for Demski who lets us down more than anything.

Doesn't the whole city have a hard-on for demski cause he is a home town boy.

And the best I can come up with was Bob on CJOB sure sounded excited watching BigChris once he started movin the ball.... if nothing else Streveler may be more fun to watch play than Nichols ....

Not changed no. Need to see him continue to improve and the play calling has sucked. It wasn't good far too often with Nichols and Harris. With out them it hasn't adapted at all. 

Don't know if steveler is the qb of the future. But I hope he sticks around so we can find out. I don't feel like plop is the oc to stay with now more then ever. 

I do wish we still had MBT but who knows how he'd do in this system too

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Not changed no. Need to see him continue to improve and the play calling has sucked. It wasn't good far too often with Nichols and Harris. With out them it hasn't adapted at all. 

Don't know if steveler is the qb of the future. But I hope he sticks around so we can find out. I don't feel like plop is the oc to stay with now more then ever. 

I do wish we still had MBT but who knows how he'd do in this system too

MBT cannot handle pressure at all.  When the pocket was clean he moved around good and made good throws, when Hamilton ramped up the pass rush in the 2nd half he could barely complete a pass.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

MBT cannot handle pressure at all.  When the pocket was clean he moved around good and made good throws, when Hamilton ramped up the pass rush in the 2nd half he could barely complete a pass.

Pass rush is how you beat the pass in general but look at his oline too awful. 

Give me a competent play call and a 2 qb system between mbt and streveler. 

With the cutting of Mathews we are right back where we were at the end of last year reciever wise, so if we can get one more impact reciever and give Strev some more time to develop i am still hopeful that he can be our next one. I agree the jury is still out but more time is needed on this one.

4 hours ago, bb1 said:

With the cutting of Mathews we are right back where we were at the end of last year reciever wise, so if we can get one more impact reciever and give Strev some more time to develop i am still hopeful that he can be our next one. I agree the jury is still out but more time is needed on this one.

"If we can get one more impact receiver"... to do what? Waste salary cap money? This is LaPo's craptacular offense. Even Derrell Walker wouldn't be a thousand yard receiver with our garbage passing game. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

24 minutes ago, bb1 said:

We have a roster full of impact players, including receiver.  The guys on offense aren't really given a shot to make much impact.  Matthews was a bit of a dud with the drops, Lawler is making plays when he gets targets.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Haven't changed my opinion much. Have been a huge Streveler fan since Day 1 but don't think he'll ever be good enough to be a legit #1 in this league. Matt Nichols, with or without Andrew Harris, would have won that game yesterday and I'll fight over that. 

I disagree with the 2nd part of your post - I think Nichols needs Harris (in fact I've argued that Harris has been both a blessing and a curse for Nichols - because he depends on him so much).

However, I agree that (from what I've seen) Streveler will be a dynamic 2nd string QB, but may never be a good #1. I hope I'm wrong.

I think he has the tools but how far he decides to go with them is up to him. I think his passing looked better yesterday than it did a week previous, but I'm not sure if that's saying much. His TD dart to Lawler was really nice. However, he seems very uncomfortable in the pocket at times, either rushing his reads or not making them. That seems like a coachable thing upon which he can and should improve, so I'm willing to give him time to continue polishing that particular skill. I'm sure it also didn't help having a rookie RB in the backfield with him, either. Not that it's a knock on Augustine, who I thought had a pretty good outing, but he's no Harris (which I'm sure goes without saying) as far as overall skillset goes. All that said, I think Streveler does have what it takes to be a very good QB in this league. But how he's being deployed is a headscratcher sometimes.

And therefore, I also find myself in the camp of what's up with the system/play-calling. I don't feel like the personnel is being used its collective strength, including but not limited to, the QB. LaPolice needs to look at what he can change, IMO.

Edited by blue_gold_84

12 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I disagree with the 2nd part of your post - I think Nichols needs Harris (in fact I've argued that Harris has been both a blessing and a curse for Nichols - because he depends on him so much).

However, I agree that (from what I've seen) Streveler will be a dynamic 2nd string QB, but may never be a good #1. I hope I'm wrong.

But that’s not what you want from your #2. You’re second stringer should be the guy your grooming to take over from your starter. 

My opinion of him has actually risen a bit. When he had the chance to drive us for the go-ahead points, he drove us for the go-ahead points. Can't teach clutch.

The mistakes were unfortunate and cost us a couple field goals and ultimately the game but you gotta hope that a bright young guy like him can clean up his game.  

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

First they might want to introduce Streveler to Darvin, I don't think they've ever met.