Looking ahead to the Banjo Bowl

White Out

12 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

I'm guessing you're saying that because Craig coaches the Saskies...but honestly I have learned to gain respect for Craig Dickinson. He is honest, straight- forward, and humble. Dave Dickenson on the only hand, is arrogant, whiny, and bitchy. I know they have the same last name, I'm just not sure they are related...

At this time, coach of the year is down to Craig D and Khari. Two rookies that neither club wanted to lead their team..

10 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

For my money they can get rid of live mic games and replace them with mics in the command centre so we can hear the process they go through when reviewing calls or deciding whether to make use of the "eye in the sky"

For all the potential the “eye in the sky” had, it has turned into a curious waiting game for the fans who want to see correction to the game we love.

On 2019-09-01 at 11:53 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Banjo Bowl is going to be nasty, O'Shea extremely upset over Rempel being taken out.

Jump to 0:58

https://www.tsn.ca/video/riders-close-out-labour-day-classic-win-over-bombers-on-final-drive~1768927

I think Streveler threw his best pass of the game at the end when he threw into the kicking net.

On a real note, It's going to be disgustingly loud here saturday.

Edited by Nickthesizz

You know I had read some Rider fans boasting about how good their OL was, but man all I saw in that labour day game was the Bombers defensive line absolutely owning them. If the refs bothered to call holding it woulda looked even worse than the terribly poor performance they already turned in. They try and get the ball out of fajardos hands super quick but he still took quite a few good pops and was under siege all game long. 

pretty much all they run...purely because of that craptacular oline...they like to trumpet "we have less sack"....but anyone with any football I.Q knows that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme...certainly not an indicator of being best line...when we grade lines we look at time from snap..to time ball is out of QB''s hand...what play was...what defense ran...etc..etc...and I bet the Rider QB holds the ball the least in the entire league..again...to cover for weak oline play...

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

pretty much all they run...purely because of that craptacular oline...they like to trumpet "we have less sack"....but anyone with any football I.Q knows that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme...certainly not an indicator of being best line...when we grade lines we look at time from snap..to time ball is out of QB''s hand...what play was...what defense ran...etc..etc...and I bet the Rider QB holds the ball the least in the entire league..again...to cover for weak oline play...

I honestly felt like we could have, should have had more than the 5 sacks they already got. That line gets away with all kinds of holding. 

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

one missed call that still p's me off was the missed PI in the LDC in 2007 against Derick Armstrong.  Back then you couldn't challenge those BS missed calls like you can now.

I remember another one. Might have even been that same game. Matt Dominguez shoving Kelly Malveaux out of the way and catching a the ball in the end zone. Crowd goes nuts. I'm sitting in the stands thinking "Sit down, losers, it's not a TD. That's the most obvious offensive PI I've ever seen". No call. Of course.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You know I had read some Rider fans boasting about how good their OL was, but man all I saw in that labour day game was the Bombers defensive line absolutely owning them. If the refs bothered to call holding it woulda looked even worse than the terribly poor performance they already turned in. They try and get the ball out of fajardos hands super quick but he still took quite a few good pops and was under siege all game long. 

Seriously have to make CF pay this week for his patented spin move. Take his one move out and he no longer gets his extra steamboats.

4 hours ago, Bomberfan85 said:

I remember another one. Might have even been that same game. Matt Dominguez shoving Kelly Malveaux out of the way and catching a the ball in the end zone. Crowd goes nuts. I'm sitting in the stands thinking "Sit down, losers, it's not a TD. That's the most obvious offensive PI I've ever seen". No call. Of course.

Yup. I was sitting right in front where that happened. I thought for sure a flag would be thrown. Nope. Thanks refs! 

(Hopefully the refs do some payback and have some calls go out way this weekend).

Well it's official.. the geniuses at CFL determined the hit on Rempel was not dirty and therefore no further discipline is warranted.    Also forum favourite and soon to be pulitzer prize winner Paul Friesen says O'Shea was off base for yelling at Dickenson.

I'd use this as bulletin board material and smack the living crap out of the Riders this saturday.    I have never ever wanted to win a game so badly like I do on Saturday now.