3 stars plus hh saskasuck

wbbfan

29 minutes ago, baxter said:

A few years ago I said to a friend that the Bombers would never win a Grey Cup with Ritchie Hall as DC.  I still feel that way.

Haven't given up more than 28 points in a game and that's including a few points off turnovers too.

Don't think D is an issue.  Was an issue today because they didn't make enough big plays as we rely on them so much.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Haven't given up more than 28 points in a game and that's including a few points off turnovers too.

Don't think D is an issue.  Was an issue today because they didn't make enough big plays as we rely on them so much.

I'm just so tired of his bend and break defence.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The defence or special teams didn’t score today and that’s been the difference in a number of our wins this season. It’s amazing the high standards people hold the D to when they are essentially the only reason this team has 8 wins. 

Just now, AKAChip said:

The defence or special teams didn’t score today and that’s been the difference in a number of our wins this season. It’s amazing the high standards people hold the D to when they are essentially the only reason this team has 8 wins. 

Think it's 9 or 10 TD's so far this season directly from teams and D or when O starts in the Redzone from return or turnover.

49 minutes ago, baxter said:

A few years ago I said to a friend that the Bombers would never win a Grey Cup with Ritchie Hall as DC.  I still feel that way.

Or LaPo. But we know O'Shea will want them both back next season. Some things never change. I'm beginning to feel like a Bengals fan. How long was Marvin Lewis their HC with Hue Jackson the OC? No matter how bad, they never lost their jobs. It was like being in the Twilight Zone for those poor fans. Not saying MOS should be fired but how long will Hall & LaPo stay here?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Heard only part of this game on the radio... can’t believe how down everyone is. Lose to the riders in labour day by 2 without starting qb .. star RB and a whole bunch of key guys.

We have a good team, lighten up. If we lose next week in our own barn then I’ll be concerned

Hard to be too mad at our D considering they 100% won the game for us last week. Having said that all we needed was 1 freaking play and its game over. You'd like to see your stars make high impact plays when the game is on the line. Today they didn't. Hopefully they come out mad as hell next week and tear Fajardo and company a new one.

43 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The ones that are among the tops in the league year after year in takeaways?

No, the ones that totally blew victories over Calgary and BC the past few years.  There is a reason that MOS took more of an interest in the D. I think Hall was put on notice, and for good reason.

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Streveler's passing in the 2nd half was great.  I don't think Lapo knows what to do with him (or really any QB in this era).  Our protection scheme and quick game (screen's especially) need work.  Lapo can't do RPO with any consistency, and that's what's needed to really put the D off-balance.  We have the perfect QB to run an option passing scheme.  Finally adjusted to the pressure a bit at half.

Big game from Streveler.

Have a hard time celebrating anyone on D, they had a chance to win the game and blew it.  On the whole a great game from the D though, especially pass rush.

this is the wrong thread but I agree with all of this....we have a quarterback who is a huge threat to run, and we need to go with the RPO. There was one play in the 2nd half that really stood out when we went with the qb option to Augustine, and they completely bit on it and tackled him for a minimal gain, while Streveler was completely alone running around the corner.

My 3 stars:

Augustine. Lots of pressure for his first start, and I thought he played quite well.

Lawler. I've been critical of his play this year, and he was great in this game.

D line. All of them had great moments, lots of pressure and plenty of sacks.

HH: Gotta hand it to the refs for calling a brilliantly one-sided game. Holding on our d line galore.

5 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Our biggest mistake was refusing to let Sask interview Lapo. We could’ve killed two birds with one stone, replace our incompetent OC and saddle our rivals with a mediocre HC. 

I wonder who would be the Bomber OC in this scenario? Everyone busts on Lapo but we've done far worse than him.

George Cortez was the guy I really wanted here instead of Lapo in 2016, he had excellent offences in 2012 and 2013 (though admittedly middle-of-the-pack in 2014 and 2015, both years when he lost his starting QB for long stretches). Wikipedia says he hasn't worked since 2015, wonder if he's retired?

Edited by johnzo

40 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I wonder who would be the Bomber OC in this scenario? Everyone busts on Lapo but we've done far worse than him.

George Cortez was the guy I really wanted here instead of Lapo in 2016, he had excellent offences in 2012 and 2013 (though admittedly middle-of-the-pack in 2014 and 2015, both years when he lost his starting QB for long stretches). Wikipedia says he hasn't worked since 2015, wonder if he's retired?

Bucks being groomed. Just like Younger as DC. Eventually u gotta stop recycling the same old and give new blood a shot. 

Edited by Goalie