3 stars plus hh saskasuck

wbbfan

Just now, Geebrr said:

Refs are the star of the game

Kept the **** Riders in it

The multiple holding calls on us and misses against them was infuriating. 

Just now, Mike#2 said:

Streveler doesn’t have it. He’s a college run only QB .   Can’t wait for Nichols.  

He did similar to what Nichols does. Enough to win but not enough to carry to a win. The play calling was poor most of the game that suicide pa screen for instance and Augustine's pass pro was awful. 

Streveler's passing in the 2nd half was great.  I don't think Lapo knows what to do with him (or really any QB in this era).  Our protection scheme and quick game (screen's especially) need work.  Lapo can't do RPO with any consistency, and that's what's needed to really put the D off-balance.  We have the perfect QB to run an option passing scheme.  Finally adjusted to the pressure a bit at half.

Big game from Streveler.

Have a hard time celebrating anyone on D, they had a chance to win the game and blew it.  On the whole a great game from the D though, especially pass rush.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Streveler's passing in the 2nd half was great.  I don't think Lapo knows what to do with him (or really any QB in this era).  Our protection scheme and quick game (screen's especially) need work.  Lapo can't do RPO with any consistency, and that's what's needed to really put the D off-balance.  We have the perfect QB to run an option passing scheme.  Finally adjusted to the pressure a bit at half.

Big game from Streveler.

Have a hard time celebrating anyone on D, they had a chance to win the game and blew it.  On the whole a great game from the D though, especially pass rush.

I think he figured it out 2nd half

We will see next week

19 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The thing is, we never get the last laugh. That last drive is a microcosm of every year we fail to win the Grey Cup. The lack of reward as a fan of this team is wearing on me.

Im down on the defense but it is what it is. The unwinnable game was not won, again. Props to the referees for making sure of it, though

our OC and DC are the problem with this team. One outthinks himself and can't get out of his own way. The other is to stubborn to realize zone defense doesn't work when you are playing to win the game. Giving the opposition receivers 10+ yards to catch a ball is laughable at best. Tighter coverage and much better tackling would have won that game in spite of everything else.

1 minute ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

our OC and DC are the problem with this team. One outthinks himself and can't get out of his own way. The other is to stubborn to realize zone defense doesn't work when you are playing to win the game. Giving the opposition receivers 10+ yards to catch a ball is laughable at best. Tighter coverage and much better tackling would have won that game in spite of everything else.

Big assumption that the scheme was the issue on the last drive.  Sask didn't score for what, 8 consecutive possessions with half of those being two and outs.  5 sacks, two picks, 5 TFL's.  I feel like the scheme was fine.  The plays weren't made when we needed it.

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Big assumption that the scheme was the issue on the last drive.  Sask didn't score for what, 8 consecutive possessions with half of those being two and outs.  5 sacks, two picks, 5 TFL's.  I feel like the scheme was fine.  The plays weren't made when we needed it.

Whiffed tackles for sure. 

That's what I mean they were great for the second half except for the last 3 minutes. Sask exploited the zone defense and marched down the field. Just my thought but had we played a little more man and had Bighill been in coverage rather than rushing I think it may have been different...who knows just a thought as the receivers were so wide open

33 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

A few years ago I said to a friend that the Bombers would never win a Grey Cup with Ritchie Hall as DC.  I still feel that way.