Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD

Atomic

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Definitely easier than hockey or basketball for sure 

The structure of the game makes it easier inherently 

Football has significantly more and judgement related rules, 24 players on the field , often in a significantly confined space with obstructed sight lines. The sight lines in basketball and hockey are less obstructed and contact with legal or illegal is pretty much confined to two players at any given time, again with an unobstructed view to the officials. Not that this relates to the ease of officiating but basketball and hockey officials have usually played the sport and have an inherent in-depth understanding of the sport. Again my opinion...I respect yours.  

I just think you are generally assigned to specific areas of the field (QB, line, etc...) for where to have your eyes, while other sports have more of a scramble.

I am not saying it is easy, just in comparison to some of the other sports.

Edited by Geebrr

I'm actually convinced they're told to be shills for the team because there's no objectivity whatsoever. It's a straight echo chamber.

Say what you will about a guy like Brown with his constant thesaurus bashing or Toth on TSN JETS arguing for the sake of arguing, they legitimately know teams have warts and can have two sided conversations.

Mullinder literally cheers on air. "Yes touchdown!! Yes! Yes! Omg yes. Omg Powell is the best RB ever!!!"

"Chris Szarka is the best Canadian I've ever played with!" Lol okay.

Edited by Dr Zaius

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Folks, this thread is worth checking out... 

Absolute bull-sh-i-te. The sad thing is you just know if the Bombers played that way they would be called for it all day everyday.  If being a Blue Bomber fan wasn’t etched in my DNA, I couldn’t say how much longer I’d give two sh!ts about this league.

44 minutes ago, Brandon said:

On the radio Walby said it was a dirty hit and Ed Tait this morning danced around the question and said the hit followed the guidelines of the rule and that it was a clean hit based on the rules. 

Within the "rules" or not, it was dirty. So says former players and pretty much everyone (except Sask radio hosts). I coached youth football. It's easy to let your team play dirty. It's hard to coach them to play hard, aggressive, but fair and disciplined. O'Shea has been able to set that kind of tone with his team because it's the right way to play the game. Especially for pro players. This is their livelihood. Typically a short pro career in the CFL that is not going to make you rich. To intentionally try to injure a fellow player is disgusting and shouldn't be tolerated by a coach. Dickenson seems to tolerate this. 

52 minutes ago, Brandon said:

On the radio Walby said it was a dirty hit and Ed Tait this morning danced around the question and said the hit followed the guidelines of the rule and that it was a clean hit based on the rules. 

always go with the former player as opposed to a writer...no offence to Mr Tait

Also a player who played mean and danced around the line of clean..mean and dirty...but was respected

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

always go with the former player as opposed to a writer...no offence to Mr Tait

Also a player who played mean and danced around the line of clean..mean and dirty...but was respected

Ed Tait is good but similar to Irving... doesn't like to rock the boat and talk about anything controversial in regards to the club.  

Just now, Brandon said:

Ed Tait is good but similar to Irving... doesn't like to rock the boat and talk about anything controversial in regards to the club.  

He's very rarely controversial. He knows who butters his bread. He'll still point out flaws but won't point a finger. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

It is fine.

Every player knows what is dirty and what is not dirty, even if not technically illegal.

You get your shots to make that decision, and what goes around comes around.

I believe there are a few on the O-Line that will have a message to send. 

I will reiterate that I had an awesome time on Sunday, the final score notwithstanding. The Rider fans were exceptional hosts. 

-------

Rider fans seemed confused when I said I was excited about Farpotato being their QB as they were. The ones I spoke with really couldn't see his glaring faults. I get they are fans and love their players but they seem quite ignorant of the fortunate situation he's had and how it's going to all crash down. 

1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

Ed Tait is a Bomber employee now....he isn’t going to say anything that puts the team in an awkward situation with the CFL office.

On the radio he's very vanilla which makes it bad for the interviews,   not that I want the guy to trash the club.  But it would be nice to get a bit more insight about why Chris Matthews was let go other then "It didn't work out".