Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD

Atomic

2 hours ago, gcn11 said:

You are wilfully ignoring half the rule. The rule states that you cannot hit the long snapper while his head is down and he is in a vulnerable position. His head was slightly coming up but he was DEFINITELY still in a vulnerable position. Therefore, this was a text book dirty hit.

His head comes up. He takes 2 or 3 steps before getting hit. How many steps does he get to take before he gets hit? 4? 5? 6?

29 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

His head comes up. He takes 2 or 3 steps before getting hit. How many steps does he get to take before he gets hit? 4? 5? 6?

You must be watching a different play because those 2-3 steps with his head up is because he's getting trucked. 

Dirty hit by dirty player coached by a dirty coach from a team full of dirty POS. 

You keep on twisting your logic and facts in defending everyone but "your team". Seriously, just drop the pretence already, it just seems like you're  trolling at this point.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

17 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You must be watching a different play because those 2-3 steps with his head up is because he's getting trucked. 

Dirty hit by dirty player coached by a dirty coach from a team full of dirty POS. 

You keep on twisting your logic and facts in defending everyone but "your team". Seriously, just drop the pretence already, it just seems like you're  trolling at this point.

I'm not twisting anything. He isn't being hit in the first 2 steps. Maybe not the 3rd.

Don't like my posts? Block me, but for dogs sake stop whining about them.

Edited by TBURGESS

21 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm not twisting anything. He isn't being hit in the first 2 steps. Maybe not the 3rd.

Don't like my posts? Block me, but for dogs sake stop whining about them.

I'm calling you out- first there is the fact only you and fans of the riders defend that cheap shot- take that how ever you want. Couple that with the entire history of your posts and the pattern they show. 

The guy is running at him full steam before Remple lifts his head- and contact is immediate those first few steps he's already been engaged- what ever you see is what you choose to see that fits your ever slanted narrative- same ******* story every time. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

A vulnerable position is a vulnerable position. Why are you acting so dense? It could be no steps it could be 10 steps. Vulnerable isn't on a step count. Not sure why you are so hell bent on defending a dirty play, especially one against your own team? Terrible how far you will go to defend the other teams against us. Does a BlueBomber come and poop on your step every morning or something?

Edited by gcn11

36 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

The guy is running at him full steam before Remple lifts his head- and contact is immediate those first few steps he's already been engaged- 

EXACTLY.   You simply don't have the time to brace for impact when you are expected to :
1) Snap the ball with your head down
2) Lift your head
3) Get your feet set 
4) And brace for impact.

In a professional football game, CFL or NFL, this has to happen in 1-2 seconds.     In the NFL it might even be faster.  There's also a reason the long snapper is a designated position since it requires a unique skill set.  

There's a reason the CFL put this rule in place to protect the long snappers.   Delusional Rider Fans will never see the logic in this unless it happened to one of their players.  
While we complain about the TSN panel, and their commentary... they are all filled with former CFL stars, who played the game and know the rules and understand the  pace the game is played at.    If they agree the hit was dirty, Bob Irving agrees the hit was dirty , MOS  (another former player and well respected person) thinks the hit was dirty... guess what  it's likely a dirty play.   I understand that they are sometimes way off base, but that doesn't happen very often.   They know what they are talking about... they are the subject matter experts.

My .02

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

He hardly takes 2 or 3 steps. From the side camera angle, he gets contacted in the midst of his first step after the snap, or at the most, as he has just taken his first step. His head might be up at the point of contact, but it has only been up for a split second at that point. 

Further, the rule "Delivering a forcible blow to the long snapper while their head is down and they are in a vulnerable position and unable to protect them self," is part of the unnecessary roughness rule, which also states that: "A player shall be penalized for any act of unnecessary roughness against an opponent, including but not limited to:" and "Any other act of roughness or unfair play, provided it is not considered excessive enough to warrant disqualification." So to anybody defending that it was not a penalty as defined in the rule book, the refs were well within their right to flag - and they should have flagged - that hit simply based on the unnecessary roughness definition.

So I was out of town all weekend and only got to actually watch the game now...

Holy **** did they hand that one to the Riders on a silver platter. 

Did Lapo forget that Nichols wasn't the starter? first quarter that was a Nichols game plan and predictably it didn't work without Nichols or Andrew Harris. 

2nd half was much better but some complete stupidity costs them at least field goal position twice. 

And then the cherry on top Ritchie Hall pulls out his patented prevent defense to completely piss away a great effort by the defense. 

Said it before I will say it again, our coordinators are the single biggest thing holding this team back. Both passive losers who would rather let the other team lose the game than try and win it themselves. 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Not a chance. If he takes 2 or 3 steps, he's faster than the Flash...

Watching the game on TSN Demand at 1:01:09 the ball is not snapped, at 1:01:10 Rempel is trucked. So according to you in 1 second Rempel snapped the ball lifted his head and took 2 or 3 steps? I think he actually snaps the ball at 1:01:10.

Rempel actually seems to be in the motion of lifting his head when he gets hit. In my opinion, that's a vulnerable position.

30 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

Not a chance. If he takes 2 or 3 steps, he's faster than the Flash...

Watching the game on TSN Demand at 1:01:09 the ball is not snapped, at 1:01:10 Rempel is trucked. So according to you in 1 second Rempel snapped the ball lifted his head and took 2 or 3 steps? I think he actually snaps the ball at 1:01:10.

Rempel actually seems to be in the motion of lifting his head when he gets hit. In my opinion, that's a vulnerable position.

After further review perhaps the CFL will respond to this question.

It isn't how many steps, so what is it? Can't hit the snapper at all? Nope, that's not the rule. Can't hit him for x seconds? Nope, that's not the rule. Leave them alone until they are completely set up and waiting to block? Nope, that's not the rule either.

The rule is "Delivering a forcible blow to the long snapper while their head is down and they are in a vulnerable position and unable to protect them self". Head wasn't down, so the and's don't matter. If they were or's  then you'd have a good point. Even if the head is up for a 'split second', it's still up.

It's not UR just cuz a player de-cleats another player or just cuz a player gets hurt. If you watched the other games this weekend you saw special teams players getting blown up without any penalties. TSN included some in their highlight package going into the second halfs.

It doesn't matter if a Bomber, Stamp, Rider or any other teams player got hit that way and it doesn't matter which team hit them. The penalty or lack there of, is the same.

13 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It isn't how many steps, so what is it? Can't hit the snapper at all? Nope, that's not the rule. Can't hit him for x seconds? Nope, that's not the rule. Leave them alone until they are completely set up and waiting to block? Nope, that's not the rule either.

The rule is "Delivering a forcible blow to the long snapper while their head is down and they are in a vulnerable position and unable to protect them self". Head wasn't down, so the and's don't matter. If they were or's  then you'd have a good point. Even if the head is up for a 'split second', it's still up.

It's not UR just cuz a player de-cleats another player or just cuz a player gets hurt. If you watched the other games this weekend you saw special teams players getting blown up without any penalties. TSN included some in their highlight package going into the second halfs.

It doesn't matter if a Bomber, Stamp, Rider or any other teams player got hit that way and it doesn't matter which team hit them. The penalty or lack there of, is the same.

Funny how just about everyone with an iota of football knowledge that has commented on the play disagrees with you. I guess you know better than the coaches/players and football experts who all unanimously agree this hit should have been called. You are interpreting the rule incorrectly. The rule is that he must have his head up AND no longer be in a vulnerable position, it is not a combination of both. Either or.

Edited by gcn11

3 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Funny how just about everyone with an iota of football knowledge that has commented on the play disagrees with you. I guess you know better than the coaches/players and football experts who all unanimously agree this hit should have been called. You are interpreting the rule incorrectly. The rule is that he must have his head up AND no longer be in a vulnerable position.

You are in an endless loop. He will never come off his incorrect opinion. 

18 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I Think you are not reading the rules correctly, you are omitting the initial part of the rule:

"Article 4 — Unnecessary Roughness

A player shall be penalized for any act of unnecessary roughness against an opponent, including but not limited to:"

if you add in the:"Delivering a forcible blow to the long snapper while their head is down and they are in a vulnerable position and unable to protect them self,"  

it reads a lot differently. 

A player shall be penalized for any act of unnecessary roughness against an opponent, including but not limited to Delivering a forcible blow to the long snapper while their head is down and they are in a vulnerable position and unable to protect them self.  

Meaning any of these three things will result in a penalty not all three must occur to elicit a penalty.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy