Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD

Atomic

44 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I still want an answer as to why the ref is firing up the crowd with penalty calls? 

Could barely contain his joy

I couldn’t get over the excitement in his voice.....that was a little over the top and to me showed he was biased to pleasing the crowd and the riders 

22 hours ago, Zontar said:

Love how Suitor kept saying "look at the composure" of Fajardo, as if a QB could ever make it past varsity level , if not high school, if he couldn't handle pressure.

Yes, the home team gets the love during a broadcast and TSN as a league partner should promote QBs but...c'mon Glen.

No question that Fajardo was better than Streveler but that was a pretty low bar.

6 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I still want an answer as to why the ref is firing up the crowd with penalty calls? 

Could barely contain his joy

That wasn't the first game that the ref has done that. He's been doing it all season. This was just the first time you noticed.

28 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'm too lazy to look it up - why did we not get the single point on the kick off at the end? I realize that it wouldn't have mattered...just asking for a friend. 

We accepted the holding call and Sask got the ball at the 5.  Or they would have started at the 35 and we would have had the 1 pt.

17 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The rule doesn't say you can't hit the long snapper. It says you can't hit him while his head is down and it wasn't in this case.

You are wilfully ignoring half the rule. The rule states that you cannot hit the long snapper while his head is down and he is in a vulnerable position. His head was slightly coming up but he was DEFINITELY still in a vulnerable position. Therefore, this was a text book dirty hit.

On 2019-09-01 at 9:45 PM, DR. CFL said:

Check the rosters how many other teams have had to play without their starting QBs including Sask? 

The thing is..Fatardo is their starter...and really not a good one....Collaros may have been coming into season by default as they had nobody else so had to sign him, that being said if he didn't get hurt...they are probably puttering along with 3 wins at most with him leading the charge..Fatardo caught fire in a bottle to start the season, but you slowly see him reverting to what he is..average at best and it will come very apparent next week when once again against a good defense..hostile territory with crowd noise hampering the offence..i bet they again score mayyybeee 1 TD...if that...they won kudos to them, but we pretty much make one less mental error, or one less uncharacteristic penalty...we win..if and buts...but it is what it is...

And against good defenses...I tossed Mtl in there as well in 5 games he has thrown for 934 yards..(186) per game..1 td vs 4 picks...hardly awesome numbers by any stretch...good teams...they can't score with any consistency...in games not T.O...OTT...BC they have score 17...19...17..24...10...if that doesn't say anything about their "prowess" or lack there of against quality teams...not sure what does then

Edited by Booch

18 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The rule doesn't say you can't hit the long snapper. It says you can't hit him while his head is down and it wasn't in this case.

yeah the verbage is that...but the understanding league wise is that you let the guy get up and be in a protective stance...and most times teams don't even put a hit on that guy...hence a lot of times the center is downfield first..or used to be....that play was a blatant shot...with intent...now was it coached/suggested...who knows, but that team has a whack of dirty players, and that attitude rubs off on each other, so if anything it was a cheap shot by a cheap P.O.S...

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah the verbage is that...but the understanding league wise is that you let the guy get up and be in a protective stance...and most times teams don't even put a hit on that guy...hence a lot of times the center is downfield first..or used to be....that play was a blatant shot...with intent...now was it coached/suggested...who knows, but that team has a whack of dirty players, and that attitude rubs off on each other, so if anything it was a cheap shot by a cheap P.O.S...

Agree 100%. The player may not have been specifically "coached" to do that. But, the players are "coached" to do it when you create an atmosphere where that kind of stuff is tolerated. Say what you will about O'Shea, he would never tolerate a blatantly dirty player on his team. Dickenson is a POS. I dislike both the Dickensons. 

I used to long snap...pre and post rule "augmentation"

even before it was changed there was rarely a shot like that...guys just don't do it unless they are a dirty p.o.s....or are "influenced" from the sideline to try and get their team an advantage

Adree on Oshea...some people say he was dirty..played outside the rules..etc..etc....but he was an oldschool player...played mean...played aggressive...but didn't do blatant dirty things..over..and over....every guy has taken liberties in their careers...it happens...but there are also outright intent to injure things that occur at times..and that is a different animal all together