Labour Day Classic GAMEDAY THREAD

Atomic

5 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Well, OK… But he got 55 yards of that on one carry. He was OK. But I can see why they weren’t leaning on him at the end as he was fairly consistently getting stopped for one or 2 yard gains.

What was working in the first half?  Augustine power running and streveler rolling out...  im Basically assuming Lapo abandoned tbat

6 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

Well, OK… But he got 55 yards of that on one carry. He was OK. But I can see why they weren’t leaning on him at the end as he was fairly consistently getting stopped for one or 2 yard gains.

Augustine had no holes to run through, Hughes and Johnson no longer pursue, they sit and wait for the RB or QB to run into their arms.

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

We need to let go off Lapolice and Hall after this season. Seriously.

They are wasting talents.

I mean Hall's D gave up 1 TD and have done that pretty consistently.

Lapo we could get rid of anytime.  He's getting nothing out of a lot of talent, with or without Nichols and Harris.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lapo we could get rid of anytime.  He's getting nothing out of a lot of talent, with or without Nichols and Harris.

Yeah but we are so stacked with talent on D that I think we succeed in spite of Hall - same as it’s always been in Edmonton and sask

Hall cannot stop in clutch time but Lapo can score in the red zone...

4 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

We need to let go off Lapolice and Hall after this season. Seriously.

They are wasting talents.

Defence.....5 sacks ...2 picks.    Allow about 65 rushing yards....best in the CFL....and Hall needs to go....when does this stop. The offence is a contributing to the amount of time the defence has to play.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The hilarious part is the number of people touting him as a prime HC candidate.....please take him. That accomplishes  two things....rids the Bombers of him and guarantees wins against whoever he is coaching. 

Just now, Floyd said:

Yeah but we are so stacked with talent on D that I think we succeed in spite of Hall - same as it’s always been in Edmonton and sask

Hall cannot stop in clutch time but Lapo can score in the red zone...

D has won us a bunch of games already this season.  Even this one easily could have been 3-4 score deficit in the first half without some huge stops and a turnover deep in our end.  Riders had huge field position advantage whole first half and scored 1 TD that half plus a FG on our D.

The talent didn't make the big play on 10 tries in the final drive.  Don't really think that's a scheme issue, the plays weren't made.  Bighill got blocked off the field for Powell's big run by ALBERT AWACHIE!  What do you want Richie Hall to do about that?  Bighill was in the gap where the ball went and he lost to a guy who played receiver in CIS and wasn't even drafted in 2017!  Scheme was perfect, we lose that play because our quarter million dollar man lost to some guy.

4 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

The hilarious part is the number of people touting him as a prime HC candidate.....please take him. That accomplishes  two things....rids the Bombers of him and guarantees wins against whoever he is coaching. 

There's only one other franchise interested and I'd be grateful to give him over.

Every other team has hired a head coach and not interviewed Lapo save Toronto since he's been out of work or with us.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hardrick is hurt... I'm not worried about him when he gets healthy. I'm not sure what happened to Bighill but he didn't just forget how to play... 

He's not going to get healthy playing though.  They need to have a hard chat with him.  We have two imports on the PR and one with CFL game experience.

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hardrick is hurt... I'm not worried about him when he gets healthy. I'm not sure what happened to Bighill but he didn't just forget how to play... 

Certainly didn't hurt having Loffler back him up last year, Hecht is good for one tackle per game and timing his arrival a split second after the play is over just in time to survey the damage.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Our O consistently needs at least a quarter or a whole half to get going (-10 yards after 1 quarter)  Medlock was kicking weird today, and D didn't hold Riders when it mattered (they were pinned deep-no excuses).  All things considered, wasnt a terrible game.  2 young QB's and our backup RB (Harris would have run a whirlwind)   A lot of missed opportunities.   Refs sucked too.  Im just looking forward to banjo bowl.    Hopefully, we're healthy heading into home stretch  and enough with internal team drama  - LET's GO!!!  

9 minutes ago, Trogdor777 said:

Our O consistently needs at least a quarter or a whole half to get going (-10 yards after 1 quarter)  Medlock was kicking weird today, and D didn't hold Riders when it mattered (they were pinned deep-no excuses).  All things considered, wasnt a terrible game.  2 young QB's and our backup RB (Harris would have run a whirlwind)   A lot of missed opportunities.   Refs sucked too.  Im just looking forward to banjo bowl.    Hopefully, we're healthy heading into home stretch  and enough with internal team drama  - LET's GO!!!  

If you watched many of our previous games this year. Our offence has had some pretty good starts. 

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Bighill can't cover backs anymore and apparently he has become Sam Hurl in terms of being blocked out the play or making a tackle, his drop of in play is a head scratcher.

Hamstrings are really bad injuries.  Tore mine 20 years ago and still do physio/massage for it every other month.  Not sure I've run full speed since but haven't been chased by a grizzly yet.

I said it two years ago and will say it again, our OC and DC are not what everyone says they are. We have been told we need to improve talent....we did this and believe this year we have some of the best talent on both sides of the ball yet the same result.....minimal scoring on offense and cannot stop the opposition when it counts most. I'm not saying either didn't play well, I'm saying that they are not able to play to their potential because of the game plan put in place. To have the opposition start at their what 8 yard line with less than 2 minutes to go and not be able to hold them is frankly inexcusable. To have a quarter of football with a net production of -10 yards is inexcusable. The talent as we have been told is there and if it is what is causing this? Augustine had close to 100 yds rushing; we had over 300 yards in total offense; we had 3 sacks I believe in the game. Based on that one would think considering past stats that this game would have been a win. However when you play zone defense and give receivers 10+ yards to make a catch the result in normally an opposition will move the ball sufficient to end the game as Sask did today. Sask played a good game too so full credit to them. We played as well as we can but there is something nagging at me that says we are not allowing our players to play to their full potential.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hamstrings are really bad injuries.  Tore mine 20 years ago and still do physio/massage for it every other month.  Not sure I've run full speed since but haven't been chased by a grizzly yet.

Of course it's possible that his hamstring injuries are still bothering and hampering his play, I mean it looked like Hardrick was playing on one peg today but he continued to gut it out.