Bombers release Chris Matthews

trueBlue83

14 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Duke Williams would be really nice too. I suppose it would be asking a lot for 2 receivers. Maybe Williams and Zylstra? Would the Bombers be one of the teams with the most cap space considering  Nichols six gamed and Mathews released?

If Calgary has brought BLM off the 6 game early, I don't think they get cap relief...

Winnipeg should have the most space of a competitive team 

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If I were a receiver, I'd rather have BLM, Harris or even Reilly throwing me the ball than Streveler. I'd rather get better personal stats than more games and Calgary, Edmonton or Regina could play as many or more games as we do.

You aren’t wrong but money talks and we realistically should have a lot of it to offer. 

26 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Sure, we should have money to offer, but will we over pay for a receiver or go with the guys we have?

I think we probably go with what we have. Might see a player or two show up on the practice roster. Neg list WR Greg Ward was cut by the Eagles. No idea what he’s like, but who knows.

We have to remember as fans we’re 8-2 without any contribution from Matthews. Adams returns. Harris returns. Even if we go with what we have, we’re okay. 

On 2019-08-29 at 12:02 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

$107,000 with no signing bonus as confirmed by Jeff Hamilton.

So slightly above average CFL salary (average around $90,000).

wow thought he was making more than that and I was surprised when I read that all we saved was 50k by releasing him. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

If Calgary has brought BLM off the 6 game early, I don't think they get cap relief...

Winnipeg should have the most space of a competitive team 

He sat the entire first stint on the 6. When he was put back on another stint, it was reported that they could pull him off there at any time and not take a hit.