Bombers release Chris Matthews

trueBlue83

5 minutes ago, do or die said:

Don't understand the angst about cutting Matthews.....if a fresh start without the off field stuff does him good.....more power to him.  But cost/production ratio, here was simply unsustainable.

You hit the nail do.....cost and production....the effort wasn't there anymore....looked like coasting and get your cheques for free...Good luck to him in Mont. though/and as far as the off field stuff goes....Montreal night life and clubbing is a whole 'nother world   lol

Edited by Stickem

52 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

There is some truth to Brown's comments. We don't run an offense where many wr will flourish. It's basically been Adams. Lapo's system seemingly doesn't allow for 3-4 wr to excel like Calgary's and Edmonton's do.

Works with players like Dressler - willing to work to gain the separation,  make the most of the throws, not beeatch, just do his job 

( note I said LIKE Dressler,  congrats to him on his new career in Bismark, )

1 hour ago, M.Silverback said:

This surprises me from Brown. Basically, it's all LaPo's fault. Really? For a guy who has been in the locker room and on the field, shouldn't a large part of the responsibility fall on a player with 12 catches and an off field stabbing incident? The more I listen to him, the more I think he's just trying to be a "hot take" machine. You're no Stephen A Smith my friend. 

Aaaand it might not. Matthews is a force when his head is in the game and he is a part of the team. 

31 minutes ago, Carlos Harper said:

How long before you genius's connect the dots and figure out that Joe Mack was the guy who picked up Matthews. And yeah Montreal is pretty stacked at receiver but maybe he is thinking about next year as well.  

Ironic that it was Mack. We'll see how this one turns out. 

How long before you stfu?

Beasts don't drop 40% of their targets.

Haven't seen Matthews be a beast since the Super Bowl.  Wouldn't even say he was a beast in his first run here, he's 6'5 235 so that gets him a lot of run.  His routes and his hands are inconsistent and always have been.  He doesn't do YAC and he doesn't do much to win contested balls, he hasn't evolved.  Montreal is a good fit because if he gets on the roster he'll be the 3rd or 4th target at best.

36 minutes ago, Carlos Harper said:

How long before you genius's connect the dots and figure out that Joe Mack was the guy who picked up Matthews. And yeah Montreal is pretty stacked at receiver but maybe he is thinking about next year as well.  

Go away. You contribute nothing of value here and despite asking the mods to delete your account, you refuse to take the honourable and self-directed path and simply stop posting and go back to the large flat rock in the sun where you were doubtless basking.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Beasts don't drop 40% of their targets.

Haven't seen Matthews be a beast since the Super Bowl.  Wouldn't even say he was a beast in his first run here, he's 6'5 235 so that gets him a lot of run.  His routes and his hands are inconsistent and always have been.  He doesn't do YAC and he doesn't do much to win contested balls, he hasn't evolved.  Montreal is a good fit because if he gets on the roster he'll be the 3rd or 4th target at best.

Greg Carr, Prechae Rodriguez, Adarius B as a Rider ( had a transformation when he molted into other colors)  size alone does not equal beast

1 hour ago, Carlos Harper said:

Who let this Rider filth in?

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm certainly not accusing anyone of anything, but I sincerely hope we're not making light of mental health issues in this day and age....

You have offended me and no doubt everybody else who has ever posted here by accusing us. I will expecting to see a full apology via all media outlets.