Bombers release Chris Matthews

trueBlue83

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Matthews will thrive with Khari

i could see Montreal finishing first in the East

this signing absolutely could come back to haunt us ha

yes and no... just because he does well in Mtl.... does not necessarily mean he was ever going to do well here... maybe he was just a square peg in a round hole offense...

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I like Khari and what's he's done but come on now... VAJ isn't that good of a player.   It will be an incremental boost for them but they still have lots of other weaknesses. 

They're in the east though. They dont need to be good to get to the grey cup. And Vaj is good and creating time and chucking it up.

Edited by Bigblue204

This surprises me from Brown. Basically, it's all LaPo's fault. Really? For a guy who has been in the locker room and on the field, shouldn't a large part of the responsibility fall on a player with 12 catches and an off field stabbing incident? The more I listen to him, the more I think he's just trying to be a "hot take" machine. You're no Stephen A Smith my friend. 

4 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

This surprises me from Brown. Basically, it's all LaPo's fault. Really? For a guy who has been in the locker room and on the field, shouldn't a large part of the responsibility fall on a player with 12 catches and an off field stabbing incident? The more I listen to him, the more I think he's just trying to be a "hot take" machine. You're no Stephen A Smith my friend. 

It's both qb and oc. The problem isn't one dimensional. No wr is gonna look great in our system. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

It's both qb and oc. The problem isn't one dimensional. No wr is gonna look great in our system. 

Agree with not looking great, in the sense of putting up huge reception numbers in a ball control, run heavy offense. However, he was supposed to be a legitimate threat. Double team, home run type threat. He was not. He was single covered, often not by their best cover DB. If you replaced him for Brandon Zylstra, I'm not saying Zylstra gets 100 receptions in this offense, but he's going to be double teamed, score some TD's and take some pressure off of Harris. 

Just now, M.Silverback said:

Agree with not looking great, in the sense of putting up huge reception numbers in a ball control, run heavy offense. However, he was supposed to be a legitimate threat. Double team, home run type threat. He was not. He was single covered, often not by their best cover DB. If you replaced him for Brandon Zylstra, I'm not saying Zylstra gets 100 receptions in this offense, but he's going to be double teamed, score some TD's and take some pressure off of Harris. 

He wasn't getting open. 

If you want 50/50 balls your way make catches. Wasn't doing that either.

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

There is some truth to Brown's comments. We don't run an offense where many wr will flourish. It's basically been Adams. Lapo's system seemingly doesn't allow for 3-4 wr to excel like Calgary's and Edmonton's do.

I did say that a "large" part of the responsibility falls on Matthews, meaning not all the responsibility. LaPo's offense is not designed to have 5000 yards passing for sure. However, Darvin Adams consistently puts up very good numbers despite the offense's limitations. I was expecting similar numbers from Matthews. I think the team was too.