Bombers release Chris Matthews

trueBlue83

13 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That was one of the worst experiences of my life. A bunch of us had gotten together and rented a cabin for the weekend. The game was such a f****** disaster it literally ruined the weekend. Everyone was in a bad mood after and some people even left early and went home that night lol.

I was at the game. Sitting in the end zone. I just stopped paying attention after half time. And left mid way through the 3rd to wonder around while trying to not puke. Just absolutely horrid.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Banjo Bowl aside, I think anyone who misses anything about the 2013 season needs to go see a doctor. That season gave me PTSD.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Tim Burke was the worst head coach I have ever seen this team have and that's saying something. 

Great defensive coordinator, absolutely terrible head coach. 

26 minutes ago, do or die said:

After the first year and a half, the GM went right down the tubes.  But this should not deflect from the fact, that Burke was a horrible HC, in virtually every aspect.

16 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That was one of the worst experiences of my life. A bunch of us had gotten together and rented a cabin for the weekend. The game was such a f****** disaster it literally ruined the weekend. Everyone was in a bad mood after and some people even left early and went home that night lol.

13 minutes ago, do or die said:

That and the Mike Kelly Banjo Bowl......have never been to eradicate those, with any amount of gin....

9 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

That Banjo Bowl may have been my lowest point as a Bomber fan. That and the Boltus game. I was literally the only guy left in my section at the end of that game.

Ya, there have been some bad games and some bad seasons, but give thanks for one thing:  We're not Riders fans.

14 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Ya, there have been some bad games and some bad seasons, but give thanks for one thing:  We're not Riders fans.

right up there had to be 2011 though.... 7-2 going into Labour Day was it?  Only to drop both the LDC & BB.  Hurt even more to lose both those games with a decent team!

38 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

44 minutes ago, Floyd said:

It’s still too soon to talk about Burke and Mack and LDC...

Was that 2012? Wife and I were in the USA listening on Satellite Radio. Only feed available was the Rider feed, my hatred for Rod Pederson was cemented that day.

That TSN interview was useless,   we already knew that the Coach was called to clean up the situation.

I would be interested in knowing the details if one of the other players stabbed Matthews,   if he had a bad attitude,   lazy work ethic etc.....

The only positive that I can see of this situation is that receiver is a position that a guy can come in from the NFL and be productive right away.   

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

Was that 2012? Wife and I were in the USA listening on Satellite Radio. Only feed available was the Rider feed, my hatred for Rod Pederson was cemented that day.

Most of us don't listen to the Rider feed if other options are available 

1 hour ago, trueBlue83 said:

right up there had to be 2011 though.... 7-2 going into Labour Day was it?  Only to drop both the LDC & BB.  Hurt even more to lose both those games with a decent team!

Sometimes the lord giveth,  sometimes he taketh, but those two games saved many a liver over here 

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

The sane Rider fans are saying that they expect 2019 to be worse than 2018, but better than 2020.

2 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

It's sort of the chicken and egg argument again buddy. He had terrible talent to deal with. If he had great talent, who knows what could have happened. Maybe he was a bad head coach. I don't know. But when you have a great QB and lots of talent you can make even a bad coach look decent. (Heh, even I could have coached the Gretzky-led Edmonton Oilers to multiple Stanley Cups)

Yeah but it's not a chick and egg argument, you can evaluate a head coach based on what the talent level of a team is. We've seen lots of coaches for this team without any talent whatsoever do more than Tim Burke did. Burke was a loser as a head coach and thus his team played like losers. Take Mike Kelly for example, he wasn't any screaming hell of a head coach and his rosters were pretty lacklustre too, but he got more out of his players than Burke ever did. Lapo had essentially the same roster and got way more than Burke did. Burke was a bad head coach whether he had talent or not. Worst one I've seen on this team and I've seen some bad ones. Worse than Jim Daley, worse than Jeff Reinbold... 

39 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I watched that one in Inuvik with a coworker that was a rider fan

it was humiliating when he actually stopped gloating by the fourth Q

I know how you feel. I was at that game with Bigblue204. While he was wandering around trying not to puke, I was still in my seat and the Rider fans were feeling legitimately sorry for me. It was the worst!

52 minutes ago, Floyd said:

it was humiliating when he actually stopped gloating by the fourth Q

14 minutes ago, Bomberfan85 said:

I know how you feel. I was at that game with Bigblue204. While he was wandering around trying not to puke, I was still in my seat and the Rider fans were feeling legitimately sorry for me. It was the worst!

I also know this feeling. When the Rider fans in my section stopped gloating and started sympathizing, saying they remember what it's like having Michael Bishop as a QB... I wanted to jump off the balcony. The Rider sympathy was more humiliating than any taunt.

3 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

13 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I also know this feeling. When the Rider fans in my section stopped gloating and started sympathizing, saying they remember what it's like having Michael Bishop as a QB... I wanted to jump off the balcony. The Rider sympathy was more humiliating than any taunt.

Way too much gloom in here, time for a GOOD bomber fan moment... my then-girlfriend (now wife) and I went to the 2011 GC in Vancouver, ended up going to the Riderville pavilion for Grey Cup festivities because some people said it was good (which, in fairness it was). Upon entering the pavilion, they gave you these green beads to wear, and she just straight up refused them lol.

"Oh, I don't do green" ~ actual quote.