Bombers release Chris Matthews

trueBlue83

43 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Adams is needed on this team. But even before his injury he wasn't in the top 10 in receiving in the league.

He catches everything that is thrown to him - he's been our only 1000 yard receiver for two years now

If we leave out the Edmonton game where he got nicked...

He's 260+ yards in 5 games...  on pace for 900+ without injuries

Edited by Floyd

Willie Jefferson was so upset about the release that he refused to talk to the media today.

Oh wait, no he didn't:

WPG Blue Bombers on Twitter: ""Every week we want to get ready for the next week and go 1-0." WATCH ▶️ https://t.co/i3PaSZ0L2i #ForTheW https://t.co/vjM6scCv5f" / Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1166809704468799489

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Willie Jefferson was so upset about the release that he refused to talk to the media today.

Oh wait, no he didn't:

WPG Blue Bombers on Twitter: ""Every week we want to get ready for the next week and go 1-0." WATCH ▶️ https://t.co/i3PaSZ0L2i #ForTheW https://t.co/vjM6scCv5f" / Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1166809704468799489

He did say 'uhh' a lot... could mean he's really upset.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

How do you excuse Lawler though - if this is about production, he really only had one good game against Ottawa

Because this is an offence where its extremely difficult for a receiver to put up elite numbers given the emphasis on running as well as spreading the ball around, so when you're paying a guy elite money, coupled with off-field issues, for similar statistical production, it's really not a difficult or surprising decision - Nevermind the comments Matthews made when he was a healthy scratch. When you have 12 receptions and are getting paid as well as you are, the writing is on the wall.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Because this is an offence where its extremely difficult for a receiver to put up elite numbers given the emphasis on running as well as spreading the ball around, so when you're paying a guy elite money, coupled with off-field issues, for similar statistical production, it's really not a difficult or surprising decision - Nevermind the comments Matthews made when he was a healthy scratch. When you have 12 receptions and are getting paid as well as you are, the writing is on the wall.

Its mind boggling to me that ppl are surprised By this. Production matters when u making big money

31 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

The Blue Bomber offense. Where CFL receivers come to die.

Image result for graveyard

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

It was probably said "off the record" and since he has close ties with a bunch of insiders... you don't leak information like That- you would tend to lose a few of those insiders.

I suppose that is what creates the  Image of him being more of a cheerleader,  rather than a reporter looking to get the fans interesting information.  What exactly is his job title ?

8 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I suppose that is what creates the  Image of him being more of a cheerleader,  rather than a reporter looking to get the fans interesting information.  What exactly is his job title ?

I don't know anyone that I respect who thinks that Bob is just a cheerleader.  He is not going to burn his sources though.  Teams leak things to whom they want and to whom they trust.

25 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Blue Bomber offense. Where CFL receivers come to die.

Image result for graveyard

Ricky collins jr likes this post. 

We dont have the type of offense that makes a lot of wrs look good. Weve seen a lot of talk about the canadian mafias ability to bring in wr talent, but the issue as long been our use of wr talent. We dont stretch the field aggressively, we dont do design for smooth catch and run, and we dont target individual Wrs or supply a high volume of passes to our best wrs. 

We toss dump off passes at a short to intermediate range, under coverage and force the wr to try to back up field and break a tackle or make some one miss to pick up enough yards for first down.  And since the opposition secondary doesnt worry about the deep toss they are often facing the wrs meaning you cant lead them too much to run under the ball and that they will start tackle momentum with a good angle. 

When plop and the mafia came in we didnt have the offensive weapons to do much. But that hasnt been the problem for a while. The blame is shared in similar amounts with plop and nichols, with the management taking some as well for not stepping in. Allowing the success weve had to be enough rather then taking the risk for more. Plop hasnt adjusted, gotten nichols to develop and expanded our passing offense. He hasnt set out to make use of our weapons. Hes used demski in the jet package, but he was trying every one in the same stuff before. He hasnt tailored plays and set focuses on using the weapons especially lucky. Other then the odd screen pass or being the jet. Same old stuff with new faces. 

Nichols hasnt shown the ability to hit guys in stride when the opportunity presents it self, and floats deep passes leaving wrs coming back. Though his deep ball was seemingly improved and good enough to do more with.

Its the chicken and the egg, doesnt matter which comes first we just gotta break the cycle. If I am any cfl vet FA wr, this is the last team i want to sign with. Especially if coming back from an NFL try out. The numbers you get in our offense isnt going to get you another look down south or a bigger contract up here either.