Bombers release Chris Matthews

trueBlue83

24 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Exactly. After that drop in Edm, something just wasnt right. The HB didnt make that play, Matthews flat out dropped it. The same way he dropped the pass on the sidelines at home. He caught some, but dropped the important ones. Not completely surprised by the move, but the timing isnt great....especially because he can just go sign anywhere now..........

Also what's the chances this is a cap move? Zylstra still in the good books in MN?

Adarius Bowman, 2019 Edition.

thing is...put peterman and take out who?..Whitehead?..Lawler?...and why?? we don't need to paly another Canadian on offence to even roster an import running back..so why

Peterman is decent..can get some gritty yards...but still unproven...and isn't a game breaker/changer so his addition doesn't really do much

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I know they guy wasn't doing what they signed him to do and he put too many balls on the ground, but man I don't really care for this... well gotta believe I suppose. Adams coming back is good, just gotta wonder why someone like Matthews who did well in Calgary last year is so useless here...

That's like wondering why receivers do so well in Calgary and not here 🤯

I'm torn...I absolutely HATE team drama, and twice in one week is far too much for me, especially going into labour day. Having said that, it sure didn't seem to me like Matthews was doing much out there, especially considering his paycheque. Also, count me in the #FreePetey group.....he's the new Shakespeare. All he does is make plays..............

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

I know and I have been pissed at him in games for gassing what should be easy catches, I'm just wondering how a guy forgets how to play football in one offseason. Cause he was pretty good for Calgary last year. 

I feel like it's a case of a guy who can't stay engaged when he's not seeing a ton of targets. If he's not directly involved constantly, he checks out mentally....shame.

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

well why can't we talk about that? Not like Bo Levi Douchebag has played much this year or that well last year... 

Every time I see Bo "Johnny Lawrence" Levi with that stupid head-band on the sidelines, I have to fight the urge to do a crane kick to his face.  :)

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I know and I have been pissed at him in games for gassing what should be easy catches, I'm just wondering how a guy forgets how to play football in one offseason. Cause he was pretty good for Calgary last year. 

It is a fair point.

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's not like his talent has left, it just looks like he's not engaged. Maybe because he didn't get many targets or maybe for personal reasons. Not sure. 

I confess that I was a bit rattled by Matthews' release coming so soon after the Harris debacle. I was excited to see him signed by the Bombers, but between injuries, lackadaisical performance on the field, and his salary, I do not know if the team had much choice. I am hoping that these two events do not unsettle the team to the point where we get swept by the Riders. WE do not know all the behind-the-scenes stuff, and Walters has done a damned good job of managing the roster. I also hold some hope that there is a coup signing soon. 

Edited by Tracker