Bombers release Chris Matthews

trueBlue83

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Definitely a cap move.Vet deadline is upon us.

Not holding my breath for Zylstra hechas picked it up in camp is a PR guy down south at minimum.

Neg listers seem far more likely.

Zylstra is really on the bubble in Minnesota. People who cover the team are really divided on whether he sticks or not. I think you're on to something though. NFL cuts are this weekend. Bombers might know something about some players likely becoming available. 

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

after that run by Big Chris to the Edmonton 3 yard line Matthews came running over and offered Big Chris a high five and a hand up, and Big Chris just shrugged him off and kind of ghosted him.  I thought "That was odd" at the time and re-watched it several times.  Big Chris is usually the first to give a team-mate a high five/congrats, so it was out of character for him to shun Matthews like that, especially after a big run.  Something wasn't right.

I noticed that too. Thought it was odd for sure. 

I fear we're getting smaller at receiver

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

after that run by Big Chris to the Edmonton 3 yard line Matthews came running over and offered Big Chris a high five and a hand up, and Big Chris just shrugged him off and kind of ghosted him.  I thought "That was odd" at the time and re-watched it several times.  Big Chris is usually the first to give a team-mate a high five/congrats, so it was out of character for him to shun Matthews like that, especially after a big run.  Something wasn't right.

Streveler was in LaLa land at the time, I think you're reading too much into that.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I fear we're getting smaller at receiver

Streveler was in LaLa land at the time, I think you're reading too much into that.

you are thinking of a different run - the one where he got smoked and looked woozy.  I am talking about his run to the 3 yard line where he went out of bounds, and then the next play Andrew Harris scored the TD.

2 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Zylstra is really on the bubble in Minnesota. People who cover the team are really divided on whether he sticks or not. I think you're on to something though. NFL cuts are this weekend. Bombers might know something about some players likely becoming available. 

I think he goes to another team even if the Vikes cut him.

Of course I'd also love him here.

I think the neg list NFLers is a safer bet 

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

after that run by Big Chris to the Edmonton 3 yard line Matthews came running over and offered Strevs a high five and a hand up, and Big Chris just shrugged him off and kind of ghosted him.  I thought "That was odd" at the time and re-watched it several times.  Big Chris is usually the first to give a team-mate a high five/congrats, so it was out of character for him to shun Matthews like that, especially after a big run.  Something wasn't right.

Interesting... I'll have to re-watch that play...

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

O'Shea also said that Chris Matthews was going to be a big part of our offense this year.

I have to say I respect that aspect of O'Shea and Walters. Healthy scratches a guy who gets stabbed and/or stabs. Doesn't throw him under the bus to the media. "Supports" him. But, he and Walters pull the plug on him if he's not producing based on his large salary. That's how your run a football business. 

Edited by M.Silverback

I could've sworn we had a thread about this but I can't seem to find it... anyways, here's a list from cfl.ca about former CFL players trying to make the NFL...

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/28/nfl-cut-tracker-plenty-cfl-ties-south/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

though this list is a little silly cuz there's a few guys that will never be in the CFL... Christian Covington, Stefan Charles, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, David Onyemata... just to name a few that stick out to me...

Edited by bearpants

Just now, BBlink said:

O'Shea also said that Chris Matthews was going to be a big part of our offense this year.

Im sure he hoped he would. And im sure he will when he lands else where. But plop isnt going to target any wr to get 10 catches a game. Other then harris on check downs and swing passes. And thats what matthews needs. 

Just now, Floyd said:

Not a huge fan of this move - I’m assuming they asked him to sit now that Adams is back and he said no

More likely with the money he is making and the nearing vet contract guaranteed day coming up that it didnt make sense to lock him in to that kind of money while sitting. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Maybe we see a Dionte Spencer..or Jordan Williams Lambert signing here...Rider's are pretty sure he would bo right back there...but I have my doubts on that

I actually don’t think we see anyone sign here - if Adams is back then bailey won’t even roster

just wonder if this is freeing up $$ for a QB

Just now, Floyd said:

I actually don’t think we see anyone sign here - if Adams is back then bailey won’t even roster

just wonder if this is freeing up $$ for a QB

Like who? We probably wouldn't need to free up much with Nichols on the 6-game.