Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

anybody read Jeff Hecht's comments about it in Tait's piece yesterday. He doesn't come right out and say it, but strongly implies that he doesn't believe Harris, but is willing to let him admit his mistake and move on. Says he's a team first guy, if nothing else, and will always support a teammate vs a player from someone else's team that gets busted. It was interesting...

Nice to see  Solly weigh in:

Roughriders linebacker Solomon Elimimian reached out to Harris on Tuesday, a day after the news came out about the suspension. Elimimian spent six seasons with Harris as members of the B.C. Lions from 2010 to 2015.

“I just told him to keep his head up because it’s devastating,” Elimimian said. “Everything he has done in this league, to have it questioned is something he has to deal with.

“I tend to agree with Andrew and I support him because I’ve been his teammate for many years and I’ve seen how hard he works. I believe he wouldn’t have done it intentionally.”

-Britton Gray

https://www.cjme.com/2019/08/28/roughriders-react-to-blue-bombers-harris-suspension/

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Hey does anyone remember which top receiver in CFL has had a PED suspension in past.  I was shocked I had forgotten who it was and it is never mention anymore and probably has been forgotten by 80% of CFL fans.

Speedy B aka Brandon Banks.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/brandon-banks-suspension-tiger-cats-1.3811833

14 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Hey does anyone remember which top receiver in CFL has had a PED suspension in past.  I was shocked I had forgotten who it was and it is never mention anymore and probably has been forgotten by 80% of CFL fans.

8 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

He popped for MDA- not a performance enhancing drug- more of a recreational drug likecstasy  

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

The half life of Metandienone is 3-6 hours, urine tests can detect up to 3 days since the drug is your system. New markers using hydroxymethyl metabolites can be found in urine for up to 19 days after a single 5 mg oral dose.

What kind of doctor are you anyway? This kind I assume:

mpybI1e.gif

😁

WITH that drug too...you dose throughout the day...not just one time...he would test full blown..not trace

30 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

He popped for MDA- not a performance enhancing drug- more of a recreational drug likecstasy  

Could be argue that E can kill you instantly.. Roids? Over time. So in my opinion E is worse. Eats your brain big time. 

22 hours ago, Guest Fizz said:

I disagree, If he indeed did get tainted supplements and can prove it by getting his remaining stuff tested or stuff from the same lot number. 

He salvages his legacy as one of the best RBs to play in the league. The only reason I can see for him not doing it is if indeed there is no tainted supplement at all.

Hey I don't blame the guy, players get nicked up and he is a huge part of your offence so the pressure on him to preform must have been huge.

Do I think he took them by accident? No I don't.............let the shrapnel fly.  :)

If the contamination is hit and miss then even testing might not show unless you test a large number and who is going to pay for that.  He has already taken responsibility for taking a non certified supplement. He has not suggested that someone spiked his coke (although Ben Johnson might have had a point there)

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

anybody read Jeff Hecht's comments about it in Tait's piece yesterday. He doesn't come right out and say it, but strongly implies that he doesn't believe Harris, but is willing to let him admit his mistake and move on. Says he's a team first guy, if nothing else, and will always support a teammate vs a player from someone else's team that gets busted. It was interesting...

I suspect that with hecht it's more about him trying to save face himself cause he's getting it good from everyone.

23 hours ago, Guest Fizz said:

I disagree, If he indeed did get tainted supplements and can prove it by getting his remaining stuff tested or stuff from the same lot number. 

He salvages his legacy as one of the best RBs to play in the league. The only reason I can see for him not doing it is if indeed there is no tainted supplement at all.

Hey I don't blame the guy, players get nicked up and he is a huge part of your offence so the pressure on him to preform must have been huge.

Do I think he took them by accident? No I don't.............let the shrapnel fly.  :)

Few problems with this. He takes the opened canister and gets it tested and comes back tainted. He has no fight with these test results as the company would say its opened and anything could have been added after purchase.

He gets or has a new canister unopened with say the same lot number and manufacturing date. It comes back clean hes F'd. It comes back tainted he has a case. But now he is facing a supplement industry worth about 2 billion dollars. There is not a chance he goes after them for 2 game cheques lost. Yes his rep is a big part but even getting proven results it was tainted wont change the minds of everyone. 

I think he just takes it and moves on.

As a Rider fan Iam meh on this.  Take the two games and come back.  With off season cycles and masking agents there are likely many players for all teams that are guilty.  It's sadly the reality of professional sports.  The timing sucks as it's the best two games of the year coming up and I always want the best both teams can bring for my viewing pleasure.  

Edited by Jayph

21 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I’ve stayed out of this discussion because it’s very emotional and polarizing.  Andrew Harris got caught and suspended. End of story but in my eyes it doesn’t lessen my view of the man and the football player. 

I played high school football in 1977 - 1979.  After every game we would go to a local restaurant and have dinner.   A couple of times a guy showed up ( I knew him from working at a store at polo park) and would offer to sell us steroids. He promised it would help us boost muscle mass and increase weight.  Some of us were pretty scrawny and wanted nothing more than to put on a little weight and more importantly muscle.  About a dozen guys bought his **** but I stayed away. My father was a pharmacist and he was ready to pull me off the team. He went to the school and told them but they did nothing because it didn’t happen on school property.  

I stayed away from it because I knew that my football career wouldn’t carry on past high school. A few guys went on to play in the CIS and one went to the NCAA.  

One of the guys that bought the steroids died at the age of 42 from a heart attack. I don’t know if it has anything to do with the roids but we will never now.  

Im glad I was too small and too slow or maybe I would have done something stupid.   

You made a wise decision. Too bad about your HS teammate.