Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

I’ve stayed out of this discussion because it’s very emotional and polarizing.  Andrew Harris got caught and suspended. End of story but in my eyes it doesn’t lessen my view of the man and the football player. 

I played high school football in 1977 - 1979.  After every game we would go to a local restaurant and have dinner.   A couple of times a guy showed up ( I knew him from working at a store at polo park) and would offer to sell us steroids. He promised it would help us boost muscle mass and increase weight.  Some of us were pretty scrawny and wanted nothing more than to put on a little weight and more importantly muscle.  About a dozen guys bought his **** but I stayed away. My father was a pharmacist and he was ready to pull me off the team. He went to the school and told them but they did nothing because it didn’t happen on school property.  

I stayed away from it because I knew that my football career wouldn’t carry on past high school. A few guys went on to play in the CIS and one went to the NCAA.  

One of the guys that bought the steroids died at the age of 42 from a heart attack. I don’t know if it has anything to do with the roids but we will never now.  

Im glad I was too small and too slow or maybe I would have done something stupid.   

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Micah has been a bust. He has played fairly good, but no where good enough to justify his salary. Seen it before, with Bond and Dennis. They want to come to regina for the money and they think the fans will love them no matter what.  They forget its a fishbowl and the fans follow things closer than any other city.  Every practice, every play gets discussed to death, its what we do. They soon find out they can't handle it.  I'd cut Johnson this week before the dead line to be honest.  Missing both starting DT's is a big hole to fill for us this week, especially against a team that runs the ball as plan a, b, and c

Good players fail in Regina because they can't handle the pressure from Rider fans? The same fans that defend criminals and pedophiles, as long as they are on their team?

OK.

16 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Micah has been a bust. He has played fairly good, but no where good enough to justify his salary. Seen it before, with Bond and Dennis. They want to come to regina for the money and they think the fans will love them no matter what.  They forget its a fishbowl and the fans follow things closer than any other city.  Every practice, every play gets discussed to death, its what we do. They soon find out they can't handle it.  I'd cut Johnson this week before the dead line to be honest.  Missing both starting DT's is a big hole to fill for us this week, especially against a team that runs the ball as plan a, b, and c

No bond and dennis where not put in any kind of position to succeed. It has nothing to do with the fans. I mean, you think the fishbowl of regina is any fraction as intense as Hs or colleges down south? It really isnt. Poor management of talent is all it is. I mean they signed the best guard in the league and tried to make him play tackle on a bad OL. And both the management and fans thought those one signings would take bad OLs and make them great over night. Thats not how it works. It took a while before we had a great OL even with bryant locking down blind side tackle. 

Edited by wbbfan

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Good players fail in Regina because they can't handle the pressure from Rider fans? The same fans that defend criminals and pedophiles, as long as they are on their team?

OK.

Who would that be?  

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Just amazing how delusional this fan base is.

Or how they cant pass up a chance to glad hand them self for being the center of the CFL. The RR fanbase attitude is the exact same as the "toronto is the center of the universe" group. 

Talent instantly recognizes genius where as mediocrity knows nothing higher then it self. The rider fan base, and their flunkies know nothing higher then them self. 

Edited by wbbfan

If a player flourishes, it's because he was held aloft by the Pilsner stained hands of Rider fans. If a player fails, it's because he couldnt handle the crushing pressure applied by those same Rider fans. If a coach leaves for another team, he must have been pushed to such dramatic action by the scent of the Rider fans' potent musk. Is there anything they cant do?

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No bond and dennis where not put in any kind of position to succeed. It has nothing to do with the fans. I mean, you think the fishbowl of regina is any fraction as intense as Hs or colleges down south? It really isnt. Poor management of talent is all it is. I mean they signed the best guard in the league and tried to make him play tackle on a bad OL. And both the management and fans thought those one signings would take bad OLs and make them great over night. Thats not how it works. It took a while before we had a great OL even with bryant locking down blind side tackle. 

I am amused by the never comments about our offensive line. 2018 Bond couldn't make the team because he underestimated the entire situation of coming to Regina. We went on to allow 27 sacks last year, tied for best in the league with Calgary, you gave up 36.  This year 12 so far, second best in the league, you have allowed 17.   Micah misjudged it the same way, just figured he would show up and be a hero

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

I am amused by the never comments about our offensive line. 2018 Bond couldn't make the team because he underestimated the entire situation of coming to Regina. We went on to allow 27 sacks last year, tied for best in the league with Calgary, you gave up 36.  This year 12 so far, second best in the league, you have allowed 17.   Micah misjudged it the same way, just figured he would show up and be a hero

You're aware there's more to allowing sacks than just the O-line, right...?

Just now, Ripper said:

Sacks arent a metric of success or failure for an OL. Its like batting average in baseball. For old/lazy people. You have a strong mobile qb who can and does avoid a lot of sacks. How has bond done since then? Oh right hes maybe the best OL on the best pass pro team in the league. With the leagues leading passer. Go look up the hurries. Bond was a stud here, and is a stud in edm. He wasnt a stud in sask because the line wasnt good, and you tried to use him as a tackle. 360 pound tackle in the cfl! 🤣

Sacks allowed isnt the be all end all of a good oline...its play call..situation..time from snap to throw..lots of things when we grade oline play.

Last year..and this year as well the riders QB would get rid of ball instantly.. short hitches..slants..quick outs..that's all u ran..hence lower sack numbers..and also rushed 2nd most times next to Bombers..and also ran other than Montreal the least amount of offensive snaps..calculate the plays ran per sack and u would be bottom of league..that's more telling.

This year too..short quick out of QB hand..plus 1 less game played

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Some of them might be taking juice.  I don't doubt there are players doing right now. There is no way most would be expecting to be tested again in 10 days.  I won't be defending any of them if they caught.  No matter who it is. No exceptions.  You want to roll the dice, you take your chances

Even so..based on how juice works..if he was after that 10 day previous test..he would have shown full blown concentration..not trace..how do u not comprehend that?

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

Even so..based on how juice works..if he was after that 10 day previous test..he would have shown full blown concentration..not trace..how do u not comprehend that?

I'm not claiming he's guilty.  But Id really need an education on how the masking agents work and how plausible it is that there would be trace amounts of dbol in someones system who was using masking agents.  I just get the feeling that the people really using this stuff aren't being caught and the ones who ingest it accidently are being punished. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

It's stupid arrogant crap like this that gets rider fans laughed at in every other city in the league. You seriously believe that it's the fans who make or break players? Get over yourselves. 

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

They both had a better supporting cast with their previous teams, it’s that simple. Bond is a shutdown guard, period. If we could afford to start an American at that position, he’d still be in Winnipeg. 

17 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Trace amounts....do you understand what drug half life and degradation rates are? Drink 6 beers what’s your blood alcohol level 1 hour after? Then what is it 3 hours after? It isn’t necessarily about the quantity consumed it’s about how long it stays in your system and how fast it breaks down. Smoke a joint and there will be trace amounts in your system for up to 30 days.

That would be true if he hadn't tested clean 10 days before. There is absolutely zero chance that he could have taken even one dose of D-bol and turned up trace amounts 10 days later. The level would have been significantly higher than trace.

7 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

That would be true if he hadn't tested clean 10 days before. There is absolutely zero chance that he could have taken even one dose of D-bol and turned up trace amounts 10 days later. The level would have been significantly higher than trace.

"trace amounts", if true, can also be attributed to masking agents.

17 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Trace amounts....do you understand what drug half life and degradation rates are? Drink 6 beers what’s your blood alcohol level 1 hour after? Then what is it 3 hours after? It isn’t necessarily about the quantity consumed it’s about how long it stays in your system and how fast it breaks down. Smoke a joint and there will be trace amounts in your system for up to 30 days.

The half life of Metandienone is 3-6 hours, urine tests can detect up to 3 days since the drug is your system. New markers using hydroxymethyl metabolites can be found in urine for up to 19 days after a single 5 mg oral dose.

What kind of doctor are you anyway? This kind I assume:

mpybI1e.gif

😁