Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Any other player, any other team, any other league and it's roast him over open fire but local guy so there's doubt right and the team is not 0-10 so there's even more doubt.

Fanatics! Walmart probably has a stronger drug policy then the CFL.

I get why people are disappointed, I get why other fans and players will take their shots.

It is easier to turn your back on the guy, I would rather accept the fact he made a mistake and have his back. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

It's not all bad, our heavily used star runningback gets a midseason break to rest up his body a bit and he comes back in the key part of the season with something to prove. We can beat the jackass green team without him. 

Maybe it gives Augustine a chance to show case his skills.   He runs and hits like a truck so I wouldnt' be surprised if the guy can move the chains for us.   Also it's not like our o-line is crap ,  they create holes for anyone not named Demski to hit. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They can't even guarantee honey sold for mass consumption is 100% pure, little wonder the manufacturers of supplements can sell contaminated products with no regulation, inspection or fear of repercussions.   Trusting industry to regulate itself just doesn't work.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/cfia-study-finds-imported-genuine-honey-often-mixed-with-added-sugar-1.4501522 

Fox guarding the hen house comes to mind.....Industry get's a 'hands off' by certain govts. and allowing sketchy policing certainly doesn't benefit the public...Some CEO's cry 'too much red tape' and yet that's the very reason it's put in place...mostly to protect the public....I don't know how this supplement business is run from the ground up but it does sound like it's borderline legit. ....Players and team personnel should be very wary and when they're not the end result can be what we have with Andrew right today...It's bit this team hard and has left damage in it's wake.....................Signed Pissed-Off

Just given the reaction of Harris and his team mates and his coaches I'd be inclined to believe it was unintentional. Mistake not being more careful about what he's taking for sure, but to me he owned up to that. 

In the end I don't really care, steroid use has been an issue in the league for a long time and I don't see that ever changing. Just thump the riders on Sunday with a bunch of backups. That's all I want. 

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Just given the reaction of Harris and his team mates and his coaches I'd be inclined to believe it was unintentional. Mistake not being more careful about what he's taking for sure, but to me he owned up to that. 

In the end I don't really care, steroid use has been an issue in the league for a long time and I don't see that ever changing. Just thump the riders on Sunday with a bunch of backups. That's all I want. 

Edit: I always remember Sellers as having gotten hit by steroid charges cannot find anything actually confirming that. Thought it happened in Cleveland. My bad.

I do think it was unintentional. I can't remember teammates having a press conference to support a guy getting caught before.

Very telling.

Edited by Geebrr

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

People got over Sellers getting popped for steroids pretty easily.

I do think it was unintentional. I can't remember teammates having a press conference to support a guy getting caught before.

Very telling.

I don't know if there's a single player in the league, past or present, that you could compare to Andrew Harris as far as what this could do to their reputation.  Hometown guy, holds a bunch of records, future hall of famer, embraces being a role model, etc etc. He had absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose from doing steroids

5 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I don't know if there's a single player in the league, past or present, that you could compare to Andrew Harris as far as what this could do to their reputation.  Hometown guy, holds a bunch of records, future hall of famer, embraces being a role model, etc etc. He had absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose from doing steroids

Yup , exactly 

15 hours ago, Mark F said:

Like this guy? Still has his medals.

And just like the people on this thread whining about Andrew, Canadians were ashamed, and angry and dissapointed when Ben Johnson tested positive. And is gold was given to a guy who was doing the same thing he was.

It's even more ridiculous when you consider the drugs that are legal, the painkillers that these guys take in large quantities, that are probably worse for them than steroids.

"I'll just get it shot up, I'll be good to go"

I remember the 2 american women sprinters who tested positive sample A but not sample B. Miraculous. 

There is a great deal of hypocrisy in performance enhancing drugs and the safety of prescriptions drugs is pretty questionable at times. The Oxycontin debacle was pushed by the same system that vivifies performance enhancing drugs (while not regulating the manufacture of the same performance enhancing drugs) I don't buy the judgemental attitude. If I was athletic enough to make the use of PED's useful I would have used them for sure.  These athletes are already sacrificing their bodies for our entertainment (playing football was fun too), what is a bit more long term damage. 

19 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

This is really sad.  The amount Harris tested positive for is useless.  He's been tested 3 times in 6 weeks from training camp to July 10.  2 tests no issue, one test with just enough of this steroid to trigger a positive.  Most testing organizations would note that slight positive and punish after a second positive.  Any benefit from a steroid would take a sustained dose over weeks at minimum that would easily be detected over the span of a couple months.  Crazy to me that these guys are punished for one slight positive.

I know it's been stated many times here that he only tested for a "trace amount"... I'm just curious, was this ever confirmed?... or are we just taking Andrew's word for it?

19 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Nothing forces an offense to become more varied than losing that guy who is the crutch. I mean not like there aren't playmakers on this team we can turn to... Time for Matthews to live up to the billing, Whitehead and Wolitarsky to see more targets, great chance for whichever or both backup runningbacks to show their worth etc etc. 

I think Lawler has earned more targets... other than his premature celebration against Toronto at home... he's performed very well given the opportunity...

Edited by bearpants

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I know it's been stated many times here that he only tested for a "trace amount"... I'm just curious, was this ever confirmed?... or are we just taking Andrew's word for it?

You would think the CFL would reveal the official test results....

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

I get why people are disappointed, I get why other fans and players will take their shots.

It is easier to turn your back on the guy, I would rather accept the fact he made a mistake and have his back. 

I don't get the shots -  AH plays a brutal sport to entertain fans - does it well, and puts his heart into it , 

If you are close to the situation and have knowledge of exact details - ( and those who would be in this situation are supporting him I will add) then only speak up if the truth is being hidden and lies told 

If you are like the rest of us -  something about glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind ( looking straight at you J Reaves ) 

11 minutes ago, VoR said:

I don't get the shots -  AH plays a brutal sport to entertain fans - does it well, and puts his heart into it , 

If you are close to the situation and have knowledge of exact details - ( and those who would be in this situation are supporting him I will add) then only speak up if the truth is being hidden and lies told 

If you are like the rest of us -  something about glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind ( looking straight at you J Reaves ) 

I got suspended for 6 days on twitter for calling out Reaves. 

Justin Renfrow

@RenfrowJustin

Replying to 

@JReaves77

and 

@DTonSC

You forgot to add one week after you said you lifting less and yoga and two times a month going to spa keeping you strong 

we found out what really keeping you strong

Just focus on being the useless turnstile you are, Renfrow

18 hours ago, Zontar said:

Devils Advocate.

If you're the league why would you suspend one of your marquee players for the highest rated game of the the most important non playoff weekend of games . Could this suspension have not waited ?

Its actually pathetic how far you go to take shots at the Riders. He failed the test a month and half ago

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Justin Renfrow

@RenfrowJustin

Replying to 

@JReaves77

and 

@DTonSC

You forgot to add one week after you said you lifting less and yoga and two times a month going to spa keeping you strong 

we found out what really keeping you strong

Just focus on being the useless turnstile you are, Renfrow

Back to back weeks where you a part of an oline that gave up 7 sacks = You need to STFU

I like how Reaves is going after Harris. The guy was acquitted of drug related charges for saying that he didn't know what was in there (in his trunk). Now he's after Harris for saying the same thing. 

The guy is so lucky that the Riders have no Canadian depth or he would be back selling drugs. 

Edited by JCon

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I like how Reaves is going after Harris. The guy was acquitted of drug related charges for saying that he didn't know what was in there (in his trunk). Now he's after Harris for saying the same thing. 

The guy is so lucky that the Riders have no Canadian depth or he would be back selling drugs. 

He sounds like the kinda guy that probably never stopped dealing....

21 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Its actually pathetic how far you go to take shots at the Riders. He failed the test a month and half ago

Whoa. I don't think he's taking a pot shot at the riders in the quote above.

The fact they have a  5 game streak due to sheer luck and a soft schedule despite being devoid of talent... that's a shot at the riders.

😁

Just messing with ya ripper.