Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

Just now, blueandgoldguy said:

Those sneaky Riders!  They timed it perfectly.  They either switched out Andrew Harris' clean supplements with tainted ones when he wasn't looking or they broke into the lab and switched Harris' clean samples with tainted ones a few months ago.  Since it takes several weeks for everything to be verified in the lab, they knew confirmation of both tests wouldn't happen until today, just before the Labour Day Classic and Banjo Bowl, rendering Harris a complete non-factor both both games.  

As if any Rider fan could pull this Mission Impossible level of deception. Lucky if they cut the hole in the watermelon big enough to fit their heads. 

12 minutes ago, LeBird said:

I'm a huge fan of the Bombers and its organization because they always present themselves as an upright group that always takes the high road.. We have had no problems blaming others so as bad as it is we must remain on the side of what the league is wanting to do. I am sure Harris tried to explain his case and it did not stick. Why appeal it to get the same results while making himself sound more guilty. Forgetting the embarrassment it'd just like two one week IR's

Hey, I always wanted to know how good Augustine is.  Looked pretty good a few weeks back.

You can't tell a player that he can't have the B sample tested. The CFLPA wouldn't allow it. 

5 minutes ago, LeBird said:

I was not talking about any other sample. Appeals are not to present new evidence but to test the accuracy of that provided.

The appeal is the second test. They do the A sample, tests positive, you appeal, they test the B sample. 

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Apparently not since the 80s, and you couldn't even find it today unless you went to a back alley in New York City............says Booch.....

I heard a rumour somewhere that Harris routinely buys black market supplements...

Editors note: please read whole thread to appreciate joke

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

A very good article indeed.   I'm of the opinion this wasn't intentional, as Harris does seem very contrite and apologetic.   The fact that the head coach and several of his teammates backed him up seems to reinforce this wasn't intentional.   Yes I understand solidarity and such, but if he was a cheat, you think others would be willing to go on a limb to sacrifice their reputation.  That being said, when you live in the limelight,  every action you undertake is scrutinized, and every black mark you encounter enlarged and dissected under a microscope.   That's the pro athlete life.   One bad thing can wipe away 10 good things.   It's unfortunate that this happened to him and everything he has and will do gets marked with an asterisk.   

Not sure where to stand on this. I work for a multi billion dollar health and wellness company that spends over $3mill a year on product testing to make sure what they have in their products is exactly on the label. I know that several other companies dont do this and the chances of find things like heavy metal, pesticides etc. Is often very high. I dont know much about steroids and not sure if companies add them in products or not (wouldnt suprise me) but I would imagine that if companies are manufacturing products in a facility there is a chance of contamination. 

So guilty or not. We take the hit and move on to the next man up.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Thigpen stood up and took it like a man.  Said he was sorry he let the team and the fans down. He is a shadow of his former self now and won't be in the league next year. There is no fountain of youth.  People don't get stronger and put up better numbers when they get older, they just don't. Who expects the Bombers to cut Harris??  No one. Guys test positive numerous times every season in the league and stay with their team after wards.  Don't make this about the Riders, has nothing to do with us. Much respect to those of you looking at this for what it is.  I am a big fan of Harris, always have been.  He cheated and got caught, simple as that. There is no mistake here, no sugar coating this

thing is...I know the steroid use scene..testing...how and what to take..mgs...clearing system period..on and on as I did it..lived through it..researched it...I could go on and on...the specific one he took...would not have left his system between the 2 tests...being it an oral would have to be taken daily..or every other day depending on how you spread out your dosage...is a bulking agent and serves no use for a skilled position player..also of note Harris is playing at a lighter weight..it also causes serous water retention and you would see it...especially in the face. and most likely he'd be more susceptible to injury when on it...it drys out your tendons and you lose flexibility...things a RB would not want

People are quick to judge..and sadly this will hang over him, but it isn't the reason he is still going strong...and pretty sure most haters will say he must have a better masking agent (and by the way Dbol as an antiquated roid can't be masked) when he comes back...just as good...probably better after his suspension cause he is gonna be playing pissed off now.

Thigpen btw was a totally different situation...he got caught with it full blown in his system and couldn't dispute it...so no **** he tool it like a man..had no choice...and it was a very mainstream drug that is rampant in sports..especially football...not some old school Golds Gym glory days bulking drug...like gimme a break

But the haters are gonna hate regardless....have a look on the internet as I am sure they have it in the flatlands and research the amount of Supplements that have been discovered to have banned stuff in them..not listed on the label...you'de be shocked

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I would not use Yoel Romero,  Josh Barnett or Jon Jones as examples of guys accidentally taking a tainted supplement. 

All 3 are/were notorious abusers.     

How about 4 1st time offenders?  The list of people pissing hot due to tainted supplements is growing all the time.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/26588436/4-fighters-suspended-due-tainted-supplements

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I would not use Yoel Romero,  Josh Barnett or Jon Jones as examples of guys accidentally taking a tainted supplement. 

So you understand that Yoel Romero and Josh Barnett have actually proven their innocence through proceedings, right? 

Romero was just awarded like 27M.

So I do not agree with your comment at all

2 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Not sure where to stand on this. I work for a multi billion dollar health and wellness company that spends over $3mill a year on product testing to make sure what they have in their products is exactly on the label. I know that several other companies dont do this and the chances of find things like heavy metal, pesticides etc. Is often very high. I dont know much about steroids and not sure if companies add them in products or not (wouldnt suprise me) but I would imagine that if companies are manufacturing products in a facility there is a chance of contamination. 

So guilty or not. We take the hit and move on to the next man up.

I can tell you the supplement market is unregulated and you can put anything in it..with no worry about penalty...the worst will happen if they look into your line is it gets pulled and you have to re-formulate it...this is a fact! FDA ony steps in and pulls products when there is multiple complaints...then and only then they look into it..and sadly a lot of the time it has to come to a death from use...ass backwards if you ask me...but thats how it goes....especially when you have grease balls like Greg Valentino peddling supplement lines..

people though won't look into facts..results..etc..etc...they just gonna accuse and convict..and thats pretty pathetic..

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

How about 4 1st time offenders?  The list of people pissing hot due to tainted supplements is growing all the time.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/26588436/4-fighters-suspended-due-tainted-supplements

I see "pissing hot" has taken on a different meaning than what it meant in days gone by.  😗

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Booch is doing the trick in easing my concerns on this matter. Seems you really know what you're talking about. Is there anyone in the public eye willing to make the same claims? 

well been around the game and this **** a looong time....have to laugh too at Ripper and his band of assbags who read hear in anonymity and go back there and post their opinions to the uneductated masses there...making it seem like a spin I'm trying to put on it...sadly though they have no issue with yappy Mr Reaves who juices...I know they guy who sells it to him...among 2 other guys on that squad I am aware of...not named Thigpen...but they are not the only team either...and I know many using SARMS now as well in the league..

6 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Booch is doing the trick in easing my concerns on this matter. Seems you really know what you're talking about. Is there anyone in the public eye willing to make the same claims? 

it's MOSTLY because of Booch that I'm falling in the "Believe Andrew" camp.....I tend to generally agree with Mike's take on things around here, but in this case, Booch just has too much experience and first hand knowledge to not believe what he's saying is right.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I can tell you the supplement market is unregulated and you can put anything in it..with no worry about penalty...the worst will happen if they look into your line is it gets pulled and you have to re-formulate it...this is a fact! FDA ony steps in and pulls products when there is multiple complaints...then and only then they look into it..and sadly a lot of the time it has to come to a death from use...ass backwards if you ask me...but thats how it goes....especially when you have grease balls like Greg Valentino peddling supplement lines..

people though won't look into facts..results..etc..etc...they just gonna accuse and convict..and thats pretty pathetic..

I mean, they are rider fans...

But I remember reading something years ago about a 3rd party that took a bunch of supplements and vitamins to test for accuracy. I cant remember the exact numbers of products that weren't even remotely close to what they claimed but it was well over half of them. This is a major problem. Doesn't excuse Harris, as he should know better. But it is certainly possible at the very least that whatever he took was contaminated. 

36 minutes ago, Brandon said:

100%

No way did harris take a PED knowingly. Those guys would do any thing for an edge if they thought they could get away with it. This is heart breaking. I wish he was fighting it and would prove it wrong.

In the mean time, im guessing rose will start at rb.