Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

46 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Thigpen is still on their roster so I guess they are fine with it.

I am so wanting to make some Eric Tillman and Trevis Smith comments 

Thigpen stood up and took it like a man.  Said he was sorry he let the team and the fans down. He is a shadow of his former self now and won't be in the league next year. There is no fountain of youth.  People don't get stronger and put up better numbers when they get older, they just don't. Who expects the Bombers to cut Harris??  No one. Guys test positive numerous times every season in the league and stay with their team after wards.  Don't make this about the Riders, has nothing to do with us. Much respect to those of you looking at this for what it is.  I am a big fan of Harris, always have been.  He cheated and got caught, simple as that. There is no mistake here, no sugar coating this

One man’s opinion

Bob Irving (@BobIrvingCJOB) Tweeted:

My position on Andrew Harris—I know how hard he trains, how dedicated he is and I refuse to believe he would risk tarnishing his image and legacy by knowingly taking steroids.  Virtually all players use supplements and it’s entirely believable one could be contaminated.

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Irish red with the nitrogen pour, yeah **** anyone who doesn't like that beer. I don't even care if it's owned by a big company (though I don't remember who owns guiness, I somehow don't think it's InBev)

**** mass produced ****....

Yeh watch the media availability... unless Harris is one hell of an actor/liar he really comes across as sincerely believing he got unlucky with a bad supplement.

Note - He won't say what he took exactly because he can't prove that's where the contamination came from and the manufacturer could sue him for defamation if he called them out.  He'd have no recourse naming them without explicit proof.

Its hard to say in this case but I do feel that he probably wasn't using at least not for a long period of time. There were scandals in the past where people were able to avoid positive tests however most of that was related to Russia and being involved with literally swapping the urine out for clean urine.  There is no way that CFL players are operating on this level of conspiracy. I have a hard time believe that Harris would knowingly use and think that he would actually get away with it.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

When we win the Cup nobody will care.

The Grant Fuhr fan base.

42 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

One man’s opinion

Bob Irving (@BobIrvingCJOB) Tweeted:

My position on Andrew Harris—I know how hard he trains, how dedicated he is and I refuse to believe he would risk tarnishing his image and legacy by knowingly taking steroids.  Virtually all players use supplements and it’s entirely believable one could be contaminated.

With old school 'roid?

Maybe we should test everyone every in league right now. Cause if it happened with 1 then it should happen to guys who are not MVP candidates? Get with it CFL.

11 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Its hard to say in this case but I do feel that he probably wasn't using at least not for a long period of time. There were scandals in the past where people were able to avoid positive tests however most of that was related to Russia and being involved with literally swapping the urine out for clean urine.  There is no way that CFL players are operating on this level of conspiracy. I have a hard time believe that Harris would knowingly use and think that he would actually get away with it.

Russian collusion you say....interesting...

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if it was unintentional or not, it's a steroid, and a popular one at that, so let's not act surprised that it showed up in a 32 year old running back who seemed to be defying time. 

Here is the thing - O'Shea is parroting this line about trace amounts 10 days after a clean test means it was unintentional.

Does anything we've seen from O'Shea as our head coach over the last couple years give you the impression he would protect someone he thought was intentionally cheating?

IMO - If O'Shea thought Harris was purposefully taking banned substances the BEST the club could get him to say to protect Harris would be "I won't comment".  He wouldn't be talking about having Harris at practices surrounded by his teammates, because (IMO) he'd be advocating for cutting the guy.

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

He appealed it per Jeff Hamilton.

I'm a huge fan of the Bombers and its organization because they always present themselves as an upright group that always takes the high road.. We have had no problems blaming others so as bad as it is we must remain on the side of what the league is wanting to do. I am sure Harris tried to explain his case and it did not stick. Why appeal it to get the same results while making himself sound more guilty. Forgetting the embarrassment it'd just like two one week IR's

Hey, I always wanted to know how good Augustine is.  Looked pretty good a few weeks back.

9 minutes ago, pigseye said:

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if it was unintentional or not, it's a steroid, and a popular one at that, so let's not act surprised that it showed up in a 32 year old running back who seemed to be defying time. 

Apparently not since the 80s, and you couldn't even find it today unless you went to a back alley in New York City............says Booch.....

51 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Russian collusion you say....interesting...

Those effen Russians have it in for the bombers:

- Matthews out for for way too long without playing a game. Win first five games. 

- Bighill injured but “good to go” and still misses games. 

- Nichols, criticized for not throwing for more than 300 yards and team remains in first place. 

- Matthews stabbed in a Saturday night bar room brawl. He doesn’t bleed. 

- Nichols injured placed on 6 game IR. 

- Streveler starts in place of #15. Runs for more yards than passing yards. Team out scores first place contender to solely be in first place. 

Them russians cant figure the Blue out.  Black Helicopters, Black Volga’s can’t make the Bombers rollover. This team is buildt with depth. 

Edited by Rod Black

Those sneaky Riders!  They timed it perfectly.  They either switched out Andrew Harris' clean supplements with tainted ones when he wasn't looking or they broke into the lab and switched Harris' clean samples with tainted ones a few months ago.  Since it takes several weeks for everything to be verified in the lab, they knew confirmation of both tests wouldn't happen until today, just before the Labour Day Classic and Banjo Bowl, rendering Harris a complete non-factor both both games.