Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Also the drug he is apparently accused of is pretty much impossible to get now...more or less discontinued other than from black market suppliers...

Hey did you guys hear that @Booch is accusing Harris of buying black market drugs*?! 

* this message is brought to you by "taking quotes out of context" 😉

Edited by bearpants

Let’s piss and moan about losing AH for a couple of games. Include how wrong he was to get caught. Add, he deserves it, the league is out to get him, or any other opinion that pops up. 

The way to get through this is handled as best it can by Wade Miller. As an organization, move on, nose to the grindstone next two weeks, focus on preparation for the opposition. Get a couple of wins, stay in first, and this gets behind the squad. 

I'm pretty surprised at all the CFL players and media guys from other cities taking shots at Harris.  Surprised mostly at the players... you don't see a lot of that in other sports.

Can you imagine Crosby tweeting out shots at Kuznetsov, laughing at him?  To me, things like that make the CFL look more minor league than anything.  I mean, Jordan Reaves, really.... Just when the Rider fans have something to lord over the Bombers, he basically stands up and shouts to the world "DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME, I GOT CAUGHT SELLING COKE!".

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Let’s piss and moan about losing AH for a couple of games. Include how wrong he was to get caught. Add, he deserves it, the league is out to get him, or any other opinion that pops up. 

The way to get through this is handled as best it can by Wade Miller. As an organization, move on, nose to the grindstone next two weeks, focus on preparation for the opposition. Get a couple of wins, stay in first, and this gets behind the squad. 

Cant really fault the fans on having to process this. The players have had time to do so. The internet moves fast though. I think most will be back on the AH train in a coue weeks

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

True this- popped over there for a bit and man... so much... riderfans. I wanted to gouge out my eyes. Especially the ignorant comments from that pap-smearcam guy (what kind of ******* handle is that for a football forum?)... ugh he is one of the worst from a really awful lot. 

1 minute ago, max power said:

I'm pretty surprised at all the CFL players and media guys from other cities taking shots at Harris.  Surprised mostly at the players... you don't see a lot of that in other sports.

Can you imagine Crosby tweeting out shots at Kuznetsov, laughing at him?  To me, things like that make the CFL look more minor league than anything.  I mean, Jordan Reaves, really.... Just when the Rider fans have something to lord over the Bombers, he basically stands up and shouts to the world "DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME, I GOT CAUGHT SELLING COKE!".

**** the media, where were they on Thigpen getting busted on a playoff game? 

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Definitely makes me really sad. Taints all the good stuff around him, like the recent record that he broke.....all the hype about how good he's been. All the talk about MOP this year? Out the window completely. Just for optics sake, he'll get ZERO votes for awards at the end of the year...

Kind of indicates this is the long awaited crescendo of his career, mostly down-slope from this point on.

5 minutes ago, max power said:

Thigpen is still on their roster so I guess they are fine with it.

I am so wanting to make some Eric Tillman and Trevis Smith comments 

10 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

As an organization, move on, nose to the grindstone next two weeks, focus on preparation for the opposition. Get a couple of wins, stay in first, and this gets behind the squad. 

Harris is the MOP in the CFL this season, so losing him hurts. But, we were probably looking at a split with the next two games anyways, Harris or not. The Bombers can still get a split. Might even be able to take both. And, player with the most touches in the CFL  gets a rest heading into the toughest part of the season. Not great, but, not the end of the world. 

Plus, he can use the time off to really hit the gym 😉

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Thigpen is still on their roster so I guess they are fine with it.

I am so wanting to make some Eric Tillman and Trevis Smith comments 

Both those guys. WAY worse behaviour by far than what our guy is charged with. 

23 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

True this- popped over there for a bit and man... so much... riderfans. I wanted to gouge out my eyes. Especially the ignorant comments from that pap-smearcam guy (what kind of ******* handle is that for a football forum?)... ugh he is one of the worst from a really awful lot. 

Why would you go over to the Rider forum in the first place? You honestly can't be surprised that they would be taking pot shots. Why inflict that upon yourself?

I don’t really care about this outcome. He got caught doing something that is not legal in the sporting game. And so, he is being punished. Not going to comment on the validity of the results because I’m devoid of such knowledge.

But, that steroid only kept him on the field. It did not affect his heart. By that I mean his desire was still there, and the effort cannot be questioned. He is still a great running ball. Only now, his accomplishments will be questioned. 

Sad really, but he must have known that supplements cannot be trusted as they are not really regulated, if that’s his story.

The results of testing are real. He was found to have positive amounts of a banned substance.

But I can see him bouncing back, and putting in the necessary work, because that’s who he is.

His fellow players are standing behind him, guilty or not, and I am too.

I’ll be looking forward to his return.