looking ahead-LDC

Nolby

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

all you guys trying to find a way to sit there and watch it on your 6" phone screen........ffs, we have the best radio PBP crew in the league by a mile! Take advantage! Seriously, at our cabin at Victoria Beach, one of the amazing, simiple pleasures in life is sitting around listening to CJOB Bombers football. During intermission we walk down our front steps and jump into the lake for a quick dip, then come back up for the second half. Cottage life is all about being tech-free as much as possible. Go old school this weekend with the Bombers broadcast.

nah.   Its not the same.  I like watching the plays as it happens.  Sure. I get a good idea from Bob and crew, but its not the same.    I like going to games once a year, but i prefer watching it on tv so things are focused for me.

It may be that i have Adhd and have a real hard time focusing on things when they are external stimuli but i can hyper focus on the tv/games on tsns.  

I listed to a game on CJOB on from the cabin this summer and i didn't enjoy it as much. 

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

all you guys trying to find a way to sit there and watch it on your 6" phone screen........ffs, we have the best radio PBP crew in the league by a mile! Take advantage! Seriously, at our cabin at Victoria Beach, one of the amazing, simiple pleasures in life is sitting around listening to CJOB Bombers football. During intermission we walk down our front steps and jump into the lake for a quick dip, then come back up for the second half. Cottage life is all about being tech-free as much as possible. Go old school this weekend with the Bombers broadcast.

Our cabin is off the grid and you used to have to take a train and now have a private 13 km long road with 6 locked gates to get through before you get to a parking lot and then walk around to get your boat to come get your stuff. 

We have alot of solar panels now, cell phone booster, etc.   Which makes it more like a house then roughing it as a cottage when i was younger.  All my siblings are huge readers and are unplugged and reading or doing things outside.  While i also spend a lot of time outside, because of my ADHD, it very challenging to read a book.  My mind wanders, and i can read 20 pages and have no clue what i read at all and have to go over it again and hope my mind doesnt wonder.  But i can hyper focus on the things i'm really intested in like MBB, News, Reddit, or IT.    If i took my Meds, i could read etc but the side affects are hard on my wife and kids when i come off them or when i'm super focus and get annoyed at the distractions. 

Anyhow, the bombers are one of few things i really enjoy in life and can focus with out issues and watching it more enjoyable.   

It might also have to do with the fact that i don't really hear words sung in songs either.  I can hear a song 100s of times and be hard pressed to sing more then 10% of it.  Which is why i listen to mainly EDM/trance/techno.  

I've shared too much.. But i want to feel closer with you and my QBs.  

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I realize this has been answered before in other threads but it hasn't applied to me so I didn't pay attention.

I find myself this weekend headed to the lake with wifi but no TV, can someone send me a link to the good streams. I am not a normal REDDIT user and can't find them on my own.

Thanks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFLStreams/

Quality of those streams varies, you'll have to figure out the good ones for yourself.  And definitely use an ad blocker if you go this route. 

As other folks say, the legit streaming apps are almost certainly a better option if that works for you, only way the gray-market streams are better is when you find one without commercials, which I haven't seen for awhile.

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I hear what you are saying and if by chance we actually get some sun I will do just that on the deck. Just preparing for the expected rain, if I am going to be inside I would like the visuals and replays that Bob can't give us.

Listened to the first half of last weeks game at the airport and on the way home, still had to go back and watch the game to fully understand some of what was happening. Weather looked a lot worse on TV than Bob and Ed made it sound.

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I vaguely recall getting trashed for living that life style and using CJOB to start the season........ lol

56 minutes ago, johnzo said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFLStreams/

Quality of those streams varies, you'll have to figure out the good ones for yourself.  And definitely use an ad blocker if you go this route. 

As other folks say, the legit streaming apps are almost certainly a better option if that works for you, only way the gray-market streams are better is when you find one without commercials, which I haven't seen for awhile.

It find it kinda crazy the that Bet Streams inject their own ads about their betting services over the normal TSN adds.. 

There is normally a 2Mbps stream that is HD enough to watch on my 60 inch.  But the TSN webpage page is is pretty close to the HD signal i used to get from Bell/MTS tsn channels.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I am leaving for the cottage in the morning and I sure hope I can get CJOB reception. The cottage is a house in the woods with no cell coverage (I am not roughing it at all) and I will get the internet set up on Tuesday but its frigging Tuesday. 

9 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I vaguely recall getting trashed for living that life style and using CJOB to start the season........ lol

>I'm going to pay exorbitant costs to watch a game when highlights are posted within 12 hours, full game posted to youtube within a week? Seriously, televised professional sports is about the fastest depreciating asset on the planet. Nope.

Pfft... I will stick with FREE radio thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

>I'm going to pay exorbitant costs to watch a game when highlights are posted within 12 hours, full game posted to youtube within a week? Seriously, televised professional sports is about the fastest depreciating asset on the planet. Nope.

Pfft... I will stick with FREE radio thank you very much.

Nothing beats being there,whether it's a 6 hour drive or 16 minutes.