looking ahead-LDC

Nolby

I think realistically, expecting anything but a close game is somewhat foolish. Both teams definitely have the ability to win and the Bombers are definitely the underdog but I'm hoping we can control the line of scrimmage, win the special teams battle and snap off a couple big plays on either side of the ball to get the W.

Definitely not expecting to go in there and stomp them. They're a pretty good team. But so are the Bombers.

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I pretty much expect a Bomber loss every year on Labour Day.... records be damned... I've felt that way ever since he 7-1 vs 1-7 fiasco...

Yeah, it goes back even further than that. I was so confident the year the Riders started their 3RD STRING QB Rocky Butler who was probably a worse passer than Streveler...and we get beat.

We also lost in 1990, 1988, and 1984, years we won the Grey Cup.

6 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Yeah, it goes back even further than that. I was so confident the year the Riders started their 3RD STRING QB Rocky Butler who was probably a worse passer than Streveler...and we get beat.

We also lost in 1990, 1988, and 1984, years we won the Grey Cup.

that's it then, throw the game.

𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 @DarrinBauming 1h1 hour ago

DE Craig Roh was placed on the 1-Game Injured List last week. Roh is back working alongside Jonathan Kongbo today, opposite Willie Jefferson.

DB Mercy Maston is watching today as well. Maston was placed on the 1-Game injured list last week. Marcus Rios got the majority of the work at fieldside halfback last week, and is again there today. Rios snagged a 46-yard pick-6 on Friday against Edmonton.

O-linemen Cody Speller and Jermarcus Hardrick are spectators at practice today. Hardrick has missed some practices as of recent but played in the games. Speller has missed the #Bombers’ last two.

4 hours ago, JCon said:

Monday's headline: Bombers win LDC!

Now, how did they do it? Special Teams? D? Turnovers? Ground-and-pound?

What's the story? 

Just like in Edmonton. Except Augustine gets the long run through a giant hole instead of Harris.I didn't feel number 33 was at his best last game and now we know why. If the replacement is half as effective as Harris at his best that is still pretty good. 

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

History has taught me to be pessimistic about the LDC, I still have nightmares from the 2002 Rocky Butler game (so frustrating to see live). However with everything going on right now, this week feels like we are playing with house money.

We may be considered underdogs with all the turmoil and injuries going up against a relatively healthy Rider team, but that is not all bad. If our side pulls together in the face of adversity and beats the Greenies, particularly if it is a lopsided win, that should deflate them pretty good.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

History has taught me to be pessimistic about the LDC, I still have nightmares from the 2002 Rocky Butler game (so frustrating to see live). However with everything going on right now, this week feels like we are playing with house money.

Yeah, I feel like the guys playing will have something to prove for their brothers (Nichols and Harris) and will step up.  Its a big game, a split would be huge for the team.  It wouldn't shock me if we went in there and won.  Riders will be pretty cocky..

15 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Yeah there is a low percentage chance we win this weekend. This is how this weekend plays out Riders get a few lucky plays, Bombers make a few bone head mistakes. I walk out to avalanch of trash talk.

I too am pessimistic, and then I think.  Cody Fajardo.  Cody freaking Fajardo.  No game is unwinnable with that guy at QB.