looking ahead-LDC

Nolby

32 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Fenner moves to SAM and Jones to field CB... been done successfully before

Sure, but sam is the hardest spot to play in defense and that is allready thin AF what happens if some one goes down in game. We badly need the hemorrhaging to stop at db. Its the thinnest spot we have right now. 

6 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Any word from practice on who is getting the majority of reps with the 1st team offense - Augustine or Santiago? Is Santiago even practicing with the 1st team? I can't find anything from Irving or Bauming...

First practice is tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

They can only practice so much a week it’s in the CBA.

The value of none padded practices for rbs is meh  as well. 

12 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

That's just stupid! Sorry, I know practice breaks are planned ahead of time, but really! The new RB needs time with Streveler and what? they practice Wednesday and Thursday? Maybe Friday or is that a walk-thru day? Travel Saturday I assume..

Not really no. All the rbs have had full TC, and 10 weeks of practices. RB is really plug n play. 

We are fine at linebacker pulling Jones off the roster..we are more than comfortable...and capable of rotating in out Canadians...and have...with no issue..Also like mentioned..lots of versatility in our ends..and now it appears Hansen....so putting Santiago on the roster..rotating with Augustine along with lucky and Grant (whom I bet gets some offensive looks) gives us some nice diversity to go with Matthews..Demski..Woli and Lawler

I would hope too, that Lapo would put in some stuff focusing on Matthews and mismatches he can cause...perfect game to do this, plus with him...you don't have to make the perfect throw for him to make a big play...and people don't even go there with the Matthews hasn't shown anything...he's hardly been targeted at all..he's a receiver who you need to keep feeding...get him in a zone and make him the focus at times...it draws an extra defender away from your others

20 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I may have missed it but did they say anything about Darvins return?wouldn't mind him back for these huge back to back games.

I think it's he's 5th week on the IR this week. So he can get back practicing. But I doubt they will pull him off the 6-game.

Sounds like, according to Bauming, the run game will feature Santiago, Augustine and Demski... I like it... multiple looks.... I'd like to see the offense involve Janarion Grant too... having a few set plays with him and Lucky on the field together could be dangerous... I'm constantly told we have the most brilliant/creative OC in the league... so let's see what he can put together...

Edited by bearpants

Sask beat up D-line vs our run game..even without Harris won't be able to shut it down...I expect close to 200 yards rushing..if not more and winning the T.O.P game too...and until SASK offence shows they can pile up stats and points against teams other than T.O..B.C..OTT my belief they will pull a Calgary result against us..why should one feel otherwise..if they can prove that wrong..then more power to them and then yes they can be thought as of a true West contender...until then...nope

4 hours ago, JCon said:

Monday's headline: Bombers win LDC!

Now, how did they do it? Special Teams? D? Turnovers? Ground-and-pound?

What's the story? 

Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers.  DL feasts, getting pressure from rushing 3 and 4.  Medium-sized Chris runs first, passes later, makes more mistakes than Nichols would but fewer than Fajardo does.  

I don't think this is going to happen, I think we are in tough against a Rider team that almost always plays over their heads on Labour Day, but this Bomber team feasts on adversity so I am hopeful.

Edited by johnzo